Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Nobody wants something they spent effort in obtaining to be used by somebody else.
    This is the best post in this thread, and 100% truth. At the end of the day, each person took the time and effort to get their own legendary ring. And with it's design, you just made all of the effort of 2, 5, and 13 (or more, depending on flex sizes of normal/heroic) other people in your raid become the "toy", as it were, of three people.

To some, they aren't going to appreciate the fact that they just did all of those quests so someone else essentially gets to play with their stuff instead.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    They must figure everyone did the same quest. Everyone grinded the same raid. Everyone worked their butts off to get the same legendary. So that means it must have the same cooldown. I don't agree with it but that's what it seems like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    This is the best post in this thread, and 100% truth. At the end of the day, each person took the time and effort to get their own legendary ring. And with it's design, you just made all of the effort of 2, 5, and 13 (or more, depending on flex sizes of normal/heroic) other people in your raid become the "toy", as it were, of three people.

To some, they aren't going to appreciate the fact that they just did all of those quests so someone else essentially gets to play with their stuff instead.
    I think that post isnt the truth at all. You spend effort as a group to get that item and it's used for everyone. People are told to save cd's for pillars on kromog, well gg somebody else is using my cd. Thats not how it works. Just because you can't control the item doesn't mean it's not legendary or good.

Besides everyone keeps talking about 'effort' and 'achieving'. You would have killed those bosses every week in the exact same way if the ring wasn't there. You literally did nothing more than usual besides talk to khadgar a few times and spend 30 minutes doing some scenario here and there.

These 2 statements kinda contradict, but then again; people give the argument that its not legendary if anyone can get it but yet call it a legendary when giving it the argument of its not your own achievement anymore to obtain the legendary since others activate it. So heck with it.
    Last edited by Nevalus; 2015-05-11 at 09:55 PM.

They could just make it a guild legendary. Like back in Vanilla people had to work for that one person to open the gates. This way we would know from the very beggining that this will be raid-wide thing.
    Also, I think it would be nice to bring back relic slot for that legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    I think that post isnt the truth at all. You spend effort as a group to get that item and it's used for everyone. People are told to save cd's for pillars on kromog, well gg somebody else is using my cd. Thats not how it works. Just because you can't control the item doesn't mean it's not legendary or good.
    A mage using their own Combustion doesn't lock you out of your Dark Soul though. And going with the pillars example, not everyone has to save their cooldowns so you have the option of using x cooldowns while the legendary is less flexible in that regard.

People just expected to get something more personal (although the ring itself is the personal part and the buff can be the group part for all I care).

Besides everyone keeps talking about 'effort' and 'achieving'. You would have killed those bosses every week in the exact same way if the ring wasn't there. You literally did nothing more than usual besides talk to khadgar a few times and spend 30 minutes doing some scenario here and there.

These 2 statements kinda contradict, but then again; people give the argument that its not legendary if anyone can get it but yet call it a legendary when giving it the argument of its not your own achievement anymore to obtain the legendary since others activate it. So heck with it.
    Except it's an LFR available legendary which means 2 things

1. You never need to interact with your 'groups'. You are effectively playing solo for your legendary
    2. You aren't doing organized raiding, therefore there is no assumption you would be doing LFR every week other than just for working on your legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post

People just expected
    Yes, people expected. They went with something unfamiliar thus blizzard gets ripped on again. Its the way this world keeps spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except it's an LFR available legendary which means 2 things

1. You never need to interact with your 'groups'. You are effectively playing solo for your legendary
    2. You aren't doing organized raiding, therefore there is no assumption you would be doing LFR every week other than just for working on your legendary.
    Refer to the second part of my post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Oh boo fecking hoo, the poor pathetic proles are pilfering my power, Papa!

I never complained about the Rogue legendary daggers being unobtainable through LFR because I was a Warrior in a 10-man Heroic raiding guild at the time. Now, my guild has died because lolMythic and all I do is LFR, and you'd bet I'd complain if I couldn't get a Legendary expansion-spanning ring because some special snowflake screamed sacrilege suspecting shitty subpar scrublords of sapping their super signet.
    Where the hell did I said anything about being a special snowlake or something similar?
    I just said what this ring is - a tool of raid progression. Do you NEED this ring if you only raid LFR? You don't.
    Legendary items aren't legendary if everybody has them. Literally everybody. Making these questlines progressable only in normal and higher wouldn't be a bad move... I'm not voting for something extreme such as mythic only. Mythic is the tryhard area, barely anybody does that. But Normal is easy enough, it's accesible and it's scaleable from 10 to 30 players. Your complain at lolmythic isn't valid, you don't need to raid mythic at all. I completed this tier on heroic (old normal) and I'm done. No intention on progressing anything further.

Refer to the second part of my post.
    Already covered in my post - LFR players are not generally people who do the raid every week, and may never return at all more often than not. For them, grinding it every week is going out of their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Already covered in my post - LFR players are not generally people who do the raid every week, and may never return at all more often than not. For them, grinding it every week is going out of their way.
    Granted /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Monks can statue taunt every 8 second, AND they have Keg Smash. Doesn't change the CD on taunt banner.
    Dude, Warriors will be fine. Heroic Leap, Thunderclap, Dragon Roar, Glyph of Cleave, Ravager, Bladestorm, Mocking Banner, fucking tab targeting (remember that still works).

One explosion is not going to cause us threat problems I promise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    To those people I would say then don't fucking play in a guild. The entire point to a guild is to work together, cooperate, coordinate, communicate and play as a group to accomplish goals.

This ring plays perfectly into that model. You worked hard to give you the ability to more effectively contribute to the group.

If all you care about is your personal glory, your personal meters and "playing with" your personal toys, then maybe raiding in an MMO isn't the atmosphere for you.

How is this different than ANY other aspect of your character? A good RL already tells you where to stand, when to use your CDs, mitigation, what to target when, etc., etc. How is it suddenly a big giant slap in the face to your independence to have a new usage under their control?

Not least of which something that in the past would have been totally fucking random under nobody's control.

How is it WORSE to have it under your RL's control instead of completely random under nobody's control at all?
    Last edited by Radish Spirit; 2015-05-12 at 05:23 PM.

My suggestion for a similar ring, but with much fewer problems (modelled after the current healer ring):

Use: Increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members within 100 yards. Lasts 40 sec.
    For the duration of this and similar effects, you gain Legendary Heroism, granting (772/100)% Versatility. All damage and healing received is divided evenly among allies empowered with Legendary Heroism.
    Allies receiving this effect will be unable to benefit from similar effects again for 10 min.

Basically, Improved Bloodlust. Still a raid-wide ability, but now tied to Bloodlust. We all know how to use Bloodlust properly, so this removes the excess coordination concerns.

I don't really like the idea of tying it to bloodlust, it would just make it a boring effect. Personally, I would much rather that they decrease the cooldown to something like 1m. That would have similar downtime to the current ring, and would line up with just about every cooldown. Obviously, the effectiveness would need to be lowered slightly, but I think people would be happier this way. A shorter cd would also go much better with dealing with special mechanics (such as primal eles on BF).