Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seems Horde Gave Up

Posting to ask if other die hard Horde players are finding it harder and harder to stay Horde due to the dwindling number of PvP focused players? People are playing Alliance alts more which now became mains...

Those who wait for hours trying to find partners spend minutes Alliance side..More go Alliance and now its pretty much downhill fun wise for the die hard Horde players...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Maybe the trinket change will help stop that flow, but I doubt many that went Alliance will faction change back.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I've been leveling a couple Alliance Alts on Emerald Dream-US.
    My Warlock (who is horde and fully geared) qued into 3 randoms in a row with over 1/2 the team being bots. Now I'm sure just like people are good at kicking and not using kick bots, these players were good at typing /follow but... they still weren't much use. Plus trying to find RBG's has been getting more difficult, and the number of rage quitters at the slightest sign of trouble has went went up (in my experience at least.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Maybe the trinket change will help stop that flow, but I doubt many that went Alliance will faction change back.
    The trinket change does not make the human racial any less strong. The cooldown change for the trinket was for the on-use DPS trinket, not the cc break trinket. If anything it makes the human racial stronger for some classes.

That being said, faction imbalance has little to do with racials at all as it is a community driven phenomenon. The human racial was arguably even stronger during MoP and the majority of the PvP population on NA servers played horde. Racials do however cause a race imbalance within the faction, which just look at the ladder and you will see any class that can be human, is.

At the start pf WoD being Horde was fun for most of us...chilling doing skirmishes and BG's either at 100 or leveling was fun...today its pure misery...

It's basically the reverse of the PvE issue, no one will really bother to go back, the damage is done.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    The trinket change does not make the human racial any less strong. The cooldown change for the trinket was for the on-use DPS trinket, not the cc break trinket. If anything it makes the human racial stronger for some classes.

That being said, faction imbalance has little to do with racials at all as it is a community driven phenomenon. The human racial was arguably even stronger during MoP and the majority of the PvP population on NA servers played horde. Racials do however cause a race imbalance within the faction, which just look at the ladder and you will see any class that can be human, is.
    I feared that was the case but I was hoping I saw it wrong. Whatever I'm done with Pvp after this season anyway. Finally got to 2.2k in Rbgs, prob wont ever step into a battle ground/ arena again after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only class that is really fucked over by the human racial are DK's. Non Human DK's are forced to use Human trinkets because the entire class is designed around dealing as much damage as possible. That means non Human DK's have no trinket and always have to spec into Desecrated Ground to "make up" for it.

As for other classes, I really don't see the huge benefit out of playing a Human. All you get out of Human is slightly more damage/healing from the proc trinket that other races have to skip for the versatility medallion one. I really think most people play human because of aesthetics. Let's be honest, most of the alliance races just look stupid. I can't imagine most players actually playing something other than female human even if EMFH was baseline.

Horde racials are really good too. Blood Elf silence is really good, especially if you play a Warrior or DK where you can "somewhat" make up for the shitty toolkit. Orc stun resistence + Blood Fury is amazing for melee. WoTF is still the best defensive racial in the game.

I doubt it, humans will still be the best DPS by far and night elves and dwarves the best healers. Also, they are returning to how trinkets were on 6.0, where the alliance / horde ratio was already fucked up.

Using two offensive trinkets mean higher first burst and lower second, which may be worse to some classes (hunter and dks, for instance), but it will be better for other classes. And more so, what does horde has to compete? 345 attack power / spell power from orc? Sorry, that won't do.

I still play horde because my team is still on horde, I do have an ally alt and I am leveling another (same class as my main this time).

Edit: LOL, just checked alliance is outnumbering horde by almost 1:19! Personal choices I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Posting to ask if other die hard Horde players are finding it harder and harder to stay Horde due to the dwindling number of PvP focused players? People are playing Alliance alts more which now became mains...

Those who wait for hours trying to find partners spend minutes Alliance side..More go Alliance and now its pretty much downhill fun wise for the die hard Horde players...
    Welcome to the Alliance side for the entirety of MOP. Funny when the tables turn.

Edit: The only difference is that Horde's still the main place for raiders, where during MOP it was for both, and Alliance basically had nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance side for the entirety of MOP. Funny when the tables turn.

Edit: The only difference is that Horde's still the main place for raiders, where during MOP it was for both, and Alliance basically had nothing.
    Welcome to the outside of the amazing US, where Alliance was already outnumbering Horde by 5:1!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

to be honest, i have been die hard horde since warcraft 1.... orcs and humans, which many ppl dont even know existed. was a great RTS game waaayyyy before Command and Conquer and DoTa come to existance.

having said that, this expansion I HAD to switch to Alliance for just a few reasons. The quality AND quantity of able PvP'rs for RBGs and high bracket. every1 that i knew or cared to play with moved to Alliance (for the racial and the racial alone). Trying to push a team passed 1950 on Horde size was not only impossible because of the lack of people on Horde to play with, but because the quality of players was just absolutely PISS fucking poor.

i have faith that Blizz will balance racials once again, and I will be able to return to Horde. but for now, I wave the alliance banner...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people switched that much and paid Blizzard that free money instead of having a a character (gnome DK and orc shaman and BE warrior) on both sides for the same thing. Then again, this kind of thing spotlights on why having two separate player factions that split the playerbase is a bad thing in today's MMO world instead of having reputation factions that do the same thing like in TERA, FFXIV, GW2, etc.

That's why they don't try to fix shit as people will sit there and fix Blizzard's problem for them bu continually slapping then that free money for slight conveniences that should have been addressed sooner.

That being said, I paid Blizzard about $500+ in race changes and server moves since 2006 so I really can't say shit. :P
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-05-11 at 09:44 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Factions needed to die years ago, the story to support them being split barely makes sense anymore and it's a huge determent to the general gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleMeringue View Post
    Factions needed to die years ago, the story to support them being split barely makes sense anymore and it's a huge determent to the general gameplay
    Pretty much! That's why I'll never play another MMO that has two opposing player factions again. Its a pretty flawed system unless its PVP only and they lock the servers/factions.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

What's new? It's always been this way. If you pvp in warcraft on US servers you are going to faction change every expansion. So always add on the $30 ontop of the sub and the cost of the expansion. In EU the players seem to combat this by staying alliance or horde. If you are really hardcore pvp player you have your main class on each faction so you don't pay $30 each time. Sure it's annoying but with 3-4 million players coming and going Blizzard has to get some cash from somewhere if you can't stay what you are or make another main. Good luck.

I was Ally for the first half of MoP on US - Sargeras. We basically steamrolled Horde in every BG. For whatever reason my friends wanted to go Horde right before SoO launched and I proceeded to go about a 60/40 win ratio. Im still Horde and win about 50/50 now.

The biggest thing made the huge swing was the level 90 boost. When all of the top YouTube/Twitch big time PvPers announced they were going Ally it was easy for everyone else to follow with the level 90 boost. I dont think so many people would have made the switch without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    to be honest, i have been die hard horde since warcraft 1.... orcs and humans, which many ppl dont even know existed. was a great RTS game waaayyyy before Command and Conquer and DoTa come to existance.

having said that, this expansion I HAD to switch to Alliance for just a few reasons. The quality AND quantity of able PvP'rs for RBGs and high bracket. every1 that i knew or cared to play with moved to Alliance (for the racial and the racial alone). Trying to push a team passed 1950 on Horde size was not only impossible because of the lack of people on Horde to play with, but because the quality of players was just absolutely PISS fucking poor.

i have faith that Blizz will balance racials once again, and I will be able to return to Horde. but for now, I wave the alliance banner...
    You HAD to switch for 2050 rating? Well, I guess the rbg situation is kinda dire, but I'm pretty sure you could've found arena partners to get up that high.

Regarding the discussion: Blizzard is convinced that it is mainly a social matter (people deciding "XY is better, so I switch there" and others following suit. This point of view is supported by the situation in MoP, where players in Europe 'decided' that Alliance racials were better and all went Alliance, while US players actually went for Horde (or vice versa? Can't remember exactly))
    And for once I'm agreeing with them. The argument is always that double trinket is to strong because it deals to much damage. But how many matches are really decided by people living with a few hundred hp? And on the contrary, how often do you see an overkill for 20-60k, or your healer would've been another 4 seconds in the cc and you were dead anyway?
    Of course it is harder to quantify Wotf or Warstomp. But getting out of a fear early or getting off one hardcasted heal against 2 melees - that could as well have a major impact on the game.

I think that in matter of importance there are a lot, like, a whole lot of factors before racials. Your comp, the map you're playing on, even if you're having a good day is imho more important then your racials. I think a lot of people overvalue them and take it just as a proxy - "I lost, must've been those fcking racials! No way I did something wrong, he only won because he's human!"
    Whenever I lose I try to think about why I lost, and to be honest "because he did a bit more damage then he would've done if he was another race" never appeared to me.

But those are just my 2 cents.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    You HAD to switch for 2050 rating? Well, I guess the rbg situation is kinda dire, but I'm pretty sure you could've found arena partners to get up that high.

Regarding the discussion: Blizzard is convinced that it is mainly a social matter (people deciding "XY is better, so I switch there" and others following suit. This point of view is supported by the situation in MoP, where players in Europe 'decided' that Alliance racials were better and all went Alliance, while US players actually went for Horde (or vice versa? Can't remember exactly))
    In RBG's on Horde I'm sitting around the 1.9k-2k area, and a lot of it has to do with the guild I was PvP'ing with quitting or transferring Ally. The biggest issue, I've had at that rating on Horde, is consistently filling a viable team and I don't mean that as 1 Rogue X SPriests X Aff X Boomie 3 healers. I mean fielding at least 2 healers, and not fielding 6 hunter/warriors on the team.
    On Ally side, it honestly seems like we are capable of fielding 3 healers (maybe not perfect comp but 3) and a good rot team, or single target burst group. I might sit there for 30 minutes while the lead goes through people deciding which 2 people he wants to pull in for some unplanned RBGs, which is such a better feeling then waiting 30 minutes for anything minus hunter/warriors to pop up or somebody at least with their Conq weapon.
    I think at least 2/3 of it though is as you said, a social matter. When 2 of the healers and 4 of the dps decided to swap Ally, everyone else had to make the choice of what to do. More of the guys in the guild I didn't play with transferred Ally also, and then talk about how great it is, and people on their realID read it and decide to try. So on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Considering that Alliance queues are still instant, and Horde queues are still 5+ minutes, I'd say that there are plenty of Horde PvP'ers left.