Deleted

Rift - Is it all underwater now?

Hi there

My partner and I recently looked into coming back into the game. We both have level 60's.

Now we started the level 61 content, under water zone. 45mins later I had raging headaches from the water motion. After trying everything setting's wise I cannot play anything underwater for I get seriously ill.

Now my question is (and no1 would answer in game) Is the whole expansion underwater (google says nothing that I can find).
    The dungeons and raids, are they as normal or underwater?

Basically if I can level through other means, can I skip the whole underwater zone and enjoy normal end game gameplay?

Thanks

No, only the first few zones have forced underwater content, and even then it's pretty minimal. I'd say maybe 10-15% of this expansion has been underwater so far, and no dungeons are underwater.

If you want to progress through the story though, you'll need to do the underwater content. It peters out shortly into the second zone though so you won't have to deal with it for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are all the new zones underwater? I havent played Rift since early 2014. My highest character is 52, so Im pretty much a chocolate player.

There is maybe 1-2 hours of underwater stuff in the plane of water. The rest is regular on foot stuff.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, only the first few zones have forced underwater content, and even then it's pretty minimal. I'd say maybe 10-15% of this expansion has been underwater so far, and no dungeons are underwater.

If you want to progress through the story though, you'll need to do the underwater content. It peters out shortly into the second zone though so you won't have to deal with it for too long.
    Thanks, that's a relief. I really want to get into the game but put it off completely as I thought it would be more like the rest of the start. Even the screenshots on the main site of the glacier place showed a ton of underwater stuff so I assumed when I couldn't get the info.

On the topic tho,Ive seen a ton of replies a lot like mine about getting severe reactions to the underwater part, shame it seems to affect so many

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are all the new zones underwater? I havent played Rift since early 2014. My highest character is 52, so Im pretty much a chocolate player.
    Not at all. The first few zones have some forced underwater content (mainly the first zone), but beyond that I remember little to no underwater content beyond having the option to swim out from the shore to complete some carnage quests for sharks and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Thanks, that's a relief. I really want to get into the game but put it off completely as I thought it would be more like the rest of the start. Even the screenshots on the main site of the glacier place showed a ton of underwater stuff so I assumed when I couldn't get the info.

On the topic tho,Ive seen a ton of replies a lot like mine about getting severe reactions to the underwater part, shame it seems to affect so many
    Yeah, Trion knows it's not the most popular content so they kept it to a minimum for the most part. Though it's kinda hard not to have any if you're going to the plane of water, so they had to toss some in there. Next expansion will be another elemental plane, most likely, so no more water : P

I'm trying to remember the glacier zone (it's the final one) and I don't remember any real underwater content there. The overwhelming majority of it was above ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is air a plane? Imagine a floating continent above the clouds. That would be so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is air a plane? Imagine a floating continent above the clouds. That would be so pretty.
    Yup. Water, air, fire, earth, death, life. At least I'm pretty sure, those are all the elements used by rifts/invasions etc.

Assuming there's a plane for each, just a matter of if/when Trion decides to make/release it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life plan = Emerald dream lol. Earth plane would be really interesting though. Death plane would probably be like Dread wastes or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably something like a total of 20 quests or so that you will be doing underwater, not really sure but when you first port into the Plane of Water at Goboro Reef, the first 10(?) or so quests are underwater, then you "fall" out of this vertical wall of water onto land and do a few quests not underwater (just another 2 or 3 side quests into more vertical walls of water).

The next quest hub, Atragarian Well will also have some storyline quests underwater but once you're past that it's nearly all on land. The next 2 zones have no real underwater questing, the final zone Tarken Glacier is all snow and ice anyway

The next rumoured Plane is supposed to be the Plane of Fire just to tie in the Bloodfire Army invasion of the Plane of Water and the Lady Glasya story (is she really dead sort of thing) but it's only a rumour, there's still a few islands and landmasses/zones to come out of the PoW yet

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Lady Glasya story (is she really dead sort of thing)
    I don't even know who this lady is but spoiler, she's not. Nobody ever really dies in MMO storylines. It's too easy to bullshit them back into existence and reuse them : D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't even know who this lady
    I suppose you could call her the Crucia of the Plane of Fire, the Commander of the Bloodfire Army. She had a big build up before Nightmare Tide dropped, Bloodfire Army invading Telara now that Maelforge was dead, various Lieutenants jostling for control, we even had a raid rift in the Dendrome for her,it was all Lady Glasya this, Lady Glasya that, then we got NT and it turned out Lady Glasya was just the last boss in the Dungeon Gyel Fortress

However, if you did the Dungeon and took notice of the role play at the end when you 'defeat' Lady Glasya, the mysterious beings allude to other plans and such so who knows, would be a bit disappointing if that's all there is to Lady Glasya, just a boss in a Dungeon and nothing more, she has an awesome model

How was level 60 zones anyway? I made it to 58 now, and obviously never played on 60. Saw the water as I started on the first, and was let down....Why Im here.

I tough the zones from 50-58 I did do was way to open and dead kinda.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I noticed in the bacon commercial that tempest bay seems to be the big capital where people hang out.
    Is that still the case or is there a new one? If a new one... do you need to do the underwater thing to unlock the path to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I noticed in the bacon commercial that tempest bay seems to be the big capital where people hang out.
    Is that still the case or is there a new one? If a new one... do you need to do the underwater thing to unlock the path to get there?
    There's a new central hub in the plane of water, though I rarely go there as it destroys my framerate. I end up spending most of my time in town for anything at Tempest Bay still. You can run/swim straight to the city if you want, but there's pretty much no way to get the teleportal point without going underwater.