Carapace Armor question

Just completed LS Season 2 this weekend (months behind, woooo), and I've obtained all the pieces for the light carapace set. I see I can farm bandit crests to get the rest, but the chest box is not listed. Is it obtainable by defeating vine wrath while on another character, or is it up to RNGesus? The bit of Google-fu I did via phone didn't turn up anything conclusive.

yeah, you get it automatically (IIRC) your first time on a particular character defeating the vine wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah, you get it automatically (IIRC) your first time on a particular character defeating the vine wrath
    Yep that is correct. Subsequent kills on a character give you a chance for any piece to drop.

The first time you defeat vinewrath, the associated achievement rewards you with a chest-piece box. That reward is from an account bound achievement, so doing it on alts won't give you it.
    Thereafter, you can get more chest-piece boxes from the reward chest on the ground from defeating vinewrath. It is RNG.
    Worth noting is that next to the vinewrath reward chest, there's 3 to 4 bandit chests on the ground to the left and right.

You can get other carapace gear boxes through RNG in bandit chests, as well as the greater nightmare chest. You will often times notice that after a successful vinewrath kill, a large portion of the players will start running east. There's 3 champion mobs (a mordrem wolf, vine, and thrasher) which I believe also have a chance to drop the carapace gear boxes (not positive though). Even if they don't, it's free loot.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2015-05-11 at 07:32 PM.

I worded part of my OP poorly, but the replies have answered my question. I was wondering if by killing vine wrath on another toon that the chest box would be a guaranteed item, but as Arewn pointed out, it is tied to an achievement, which is account bound...so here's hoping I can get 2 to drop, heh. Not that I really NEED them, though. Light set was only one I cared about since I main an ele, and I don't have any intent to work on the luminescent versions.

Huh that's interesting. I guess it was just luck that I got the coat on my first kill on one of my other toons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Huh that's interesting. I guess it was just luck that I got the coat on my first kill on one of my other toons too.
    indeed. I've killed it on 3 characters, and all received a chestpiece on the first kill with each.

Killed it once last night and got another chest box. Only one left to go!

Man, I wish these boxes were able to be exchanged for other boxes. Maybe at a 3-1 ratio or something. I have so many chest boxes. : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Man, I wish these boxes were able to be exchanged for other boxes. Maybe at a 3-1 ratio or something. I have so many chest boxes. : P
    Nothing wrong with free Ecto, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Nothing wrong with free Ecto, right?
    JK. 1 silk cloth.

Deleted
    Anyone know if the Asura lab achievements are still bugged? (no challenge motes last time I checked)