Thread: Druid Support

Druid Support

Hey guys I'm making a resto druid to comp with an arms warrior, is there anything i should know before making the druid? Or any other tips and additional info to know as a newbie druid? Anything would help, talents, glyphs, anything. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks everyone! xD

i don't really understand what sort of an answer you are looking for. prepare to shape shift a lot, have an abundance of spells.

like what tips could people give a beginner druid, any advice or good combos, are arms warrior and resto druid good 2's comp?

Deleted
    its a very good comp. get yourself a big stick and beat your warrior with it everytime he los you while cc is being cast at you and the enemy ret just popped his wings. beat him soundly. its for his own good.

make sure your warrior is in defensive stance when fighting. MOST opponents will prefer to attack him and CC you because druids are so mobile, and if so, he needs to be in defensive stance 95% of the time

this is very unintuitive for most inexperienced warriors, and requires some macros to do effectively. but once he learns to do it, you'll basically get a free 250 rating boost

and yes, it's a good comp. Any Warrior/Healers 2s comp that forces the enemy to attack the Warrior is a good comp.

in short, your class is broken, you don't need any skill to succeed, just make sure the warrior doesn't ruin it by being bad

haha wow ok ty! i was thinking it wouldnt be this good but that really changes a lot haha xD

Druid is fairly friendly in terms of getting used to healing and a warrior is a good choice for a partner (not as strong as a hunter but up there). This is my first season playing as a tree [alt]. I haven't devoted too much time to it (1800 2s, 2k 3s, and 1.9 RBGs) but I can probably offer some general tips nonetheless.

You will do very little hardcasting. Get regrowth going for the proc (often, that means casting it on yourself while LoSing so you aren't interrupted). Get cyclones off as a follow-up to stuns and roars. Roots are nice for peels as well. Be careful about letting HoTs drop off yourself (you are vulnerable to hard swaps) and have them rolling before you move in. Ideally, HoTs are rolling and you are in bear just before the enemy team swaps (you'll get a feel for this with practice). You can skin as a bear (especially against melee) quite effectively this way.

I like to top off my partners and get full HoTs up before restealths whenever possible so that I can easily land the start of CC chains. This gets some nice pressure going at the start of a match but you won't do this as much once you are playing deep into dampening. It's great for landing kills in 2s. More experienced teams will watch for this (same as priests who offensively guise-- you know the fear is coming).

For 2s, I stick with displacer beast against double DPS except for a couple rare exceptions to comps on Blade's Edge and Sewers. I use wild charge in 3s unless I suspect I'll be tunneled (then I go back to displacer, almost always). Remember that you can wild charge to your mushroom and use it as a ghetto teleport on these maps.

I stick with Ysera's Gift exclusively. It has the best HpS and it works during CC and through LoS. Keep yourself topped off so it doesn't prioritize you.

I bounced around T3 more at the start of the season but I usually use Faerie Swarm all the time now. It's a must to prevent restealths but the extra, instant slow helps for allowing breathing room and landing clones when I don't want to be next to someone. The other two aren't useless but again, I find myself preferring FS.

Against double DPS 2s, I use tree of life. The rest of the time, I use Soul of the Forest (along with the regrowth glyph).

With a warrior partner, roll Incapacitating Roar. You don't want something that DRs with him.

I would only recommend HotW if your warrior is having trouble landing kills in 2s. Even then, Nature's Vigil is often the better choice.

Take germination.

Major glyphs: Regrowth is a must. I like cyclone a lot, as well as enchanted bark to avoid needing to fake-cast. If I suspect I'll get trained, I drop enchanted for barkskin and cyclone for shapemender. When I go tree, I drop regrowth for blooming.

For minor, it's not too important but you'll need to take sprouting mushroom.

Since it seems you might be new to arenas in general (if not, you already know how to make target/focus arena 1/2/3) and target=party 1/2/3), the only macros I'll suggest are:

your powershift macros, e.g., /cast !Bear Form so that you can shift without ever entering caster form. It's your middle finger to slows and snares.

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Regrowth

You won't use NS with anything else and you don't want to risk it getting dispelled.

Once you're comfortable with all your binds, look into the targeting macros I mentioned earlier. They're a must but I don't feel lacking them is too detrimental while still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    Druid is fairly friendly in terms of getting used to healing and a warrior is a good choice for a partner (not as strong as a hunter but up there). This is my first season playing as a tree [alt]. I haven't devoted too much time to it (1800 2s, 2k 3s, and 1.9 RBGs) but I can probably offer some general tips nonetheless.

You will do very little hardcasting. Get regrowth going for the proc (often, that means casting it on yourself while LoSing so you aren't interrupted). Get cyclones off as a follow-up to stuns and roars. Roots are nice for peels as well. Be careful about letting HoTs drop off yourself (you are vulnerable to hard swaps) and have them rolling before you move in. Ideally, HoTs are rolling and you are in bear just before the enemy team swaps (you'll get a feel for this with practice). You can skin as a bear (especially against melee) quite effectively this way.

I like to top off my partners and get full HoTs up before restealths whenever possible so that I can easily land the start of CC chains. This gets some nice pressure going at the start of a match but you won't do this as much once you are playing deep into dampening. It's great for landing kills in 2s. More experienced teams will watch for this (same as priests who offensively guise-- you know the fear is coming).

For 2s, I stick with displacer beast against double DPS except for a couple rare exceptions to comps on Blade's Edge and Sewers. I use wild charge in 3s unless I suspect I'll be tunneled (then I go back to displacer, almost always). Remember that you can wild charge to your mushroom and use it as a ghetto teleport on these maps.

I stick with Ysera's Gift exclusively. It has the best HpS and it works during CC and through LoS. Keep yourself topped off so it doesn't prioritize you.

I bounced around T3 more at the start of the season but I usually use Faerie Swarm all the time now. It's a must to prevent restealths but the extra, instant slow helps for allowing breathing room and landing clones when I don't want to be next to someone. The other two aren't useless but again, I find myself preferring FS.

Against double DPS 2s, I use tree of life. The rest of the time, I use Soul of the Forest (along with the regrowth glyph).

With a warrior partner, roll Incapacitating Roar. You don't want something that DRs with him.

I would only recommend HotW if your warrior is having trouble landing kills in 2s. Even then, Nature's Vigil is often the better choice.

Take germination.

Major glyphs: Regrowth is a must. I like cyclone a lot, as well as enchanted bark to avoid needing to fake-cast. If I suspect I'll get trained, I drop enchanted for barkskin and cyclone for shapemender. When I go tree, I drop regrowth for blooming.

For minor, it's not too important but you'll need to take sprouting mushroom.

Since it seems you might be new to arenas in general (if not, you already know how to make target/focus arena 1/2/3) and target=party 1/2/3), the only macros I'll suggest are:

your powershift macros, e.g., /cast !Bear Form so that you can shift without ever entering caster form. It's your middle finger to slows and snares.

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Regrowth

You won't use NS with anything else and you don't want to risk it getting dispelled.

Once you're comfortable with all your binds, look into the targeting macros I mentioned earlier. They're a must but I don't feel lacking them is too detrimental while still learning.
    hey thank you so much this was a fantastic help!!! ill really consider everything you said and i really like the glyphs xD