Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    (tell me when you'll cast your pyroblast against non braindead opponent).
    There is plenty of opportunities where you can cast pyroblast against good players (or braindead how you call them, derp). Not every hero has stun to stop the cast, you can cast it from behind the trees, walls or from the bushes, you can have melee heroes to block the way to you, you can use it on runners under 50% of their hp, you can use it when enemy team sits in crowd controls. Even if someone on their team holds his CDs to counter your Pyroblast, it's still good trade, it's not like Kael is useless without his ulti. And saying 'phoenix will always reposition enemy team' is just not true, because it's raidus is crap and damage is minor, so at best it will just make a squishy or two move a bit, which usually isn't a big deal. I think Pyrobalst is much better ulti overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    If letting kael'thas cast for 2 seconds make you a noob, I wonder what sitting in phoenix long enough for it to actually do any damage to you makes you...
    Even if it doesn't do any damage it still zones and doesn't put you in any danger or prevent you from doing your regular damage.

Kael's heat-seeking Phoenix.. just a TAD OP right now.

I agree with that whole build, which I run near enough exactly, except for the first talent. I picked the extra 20% flamestrike talent. My rotation effectively becomes:

Gravity Lapse -> Flame Strike - > Verdant Spheres -> VS Living Bomb -> Living Bomb

If you're a couple of levels ahead and you run the OPs talent setup with the extra 20% on flamestrike against Gravity Lapse'd enemies, you near enough one-shot Warrior classes if you have full stacks of Gathering Power. It is ridiculous damage, and that's not even including the potential AoE on group fights with constant Living Bombs going off. I've had multiple enemies die because they don't notice minions or towers being affected by Living Bomb and then get blown up by it.

And I heaven't even dropped Phoenix on them yet.

Even though Phoenix is better as a whole than Pyroblast...

...I still get a kick out of watching that slow-ass ball o' DOOM inevitably catch it's target. So far my best one is having one chase the enemy from the Dragon Statue all the way through their second gate before killing them (Valla...she used speed/vault to get a lot of distance quick....didn't save her).

But other than it's entertainment value......Pyro isn't as good as Phoenix.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Even though Phoenix is better as a whole than Pyroblast...

...I still get a kick out of watching that slow-ass ball o' DOOM inevitably catch it's target. So far my best one is having one chase the enemy from the Dragon Statue all the way through their second gate before killing them (Valla...she used speed/vault to get a lot of distance quick....didn't save her).

But other than it's entertainment value......Pyro isn't as good as Phoenix.
    Yeah it's pretty much a troll/fun/YOLO heroic, just like the Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Weird, I tested the hell out of it in the "Try Hero" mode and every time a minion died with it on it seemed to just go away. /boggle

Maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.
    Maybe the bomb came from the level 13 talent? It only chains once.

Deleted
    Can kael get sprint please

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flamestrike spreading Living Bomb> Living Bomb spreading Living Bomb > Much damage. Way too much damage in my opinion.

But that's not so bad. What's bad is his Pyroblast ulti, which you can't avoid, dodge or negate in any way what so ever. Unless you manage to stop him from casting it. But you won't, because he won't cast it when he can be interrupted.
    Pyroblast has to be changed. It needs collision of some kind. A much better than to negate it than having to stun/kill him before he casts it, which frankly is quite impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Flamestrike spreading Living Bomb> Living Bomb spreading Living Bomb > Much damage. Way too much damage in my opinion.

But that's not so bad. What's bad is his Pyroblast ulti, which you can't avoid, dodge or negate in any way what so ever. Unless you manage to stop him from casting it. But you won't, because he won't cast it when he can be interrupted.
    Pyroblast has to be changed. It needs collision of some kind. A much better than to negate it than having to stun/kill him before he casts it, which frankly is quite impossible.
    The only safe place to cast Pyro from is as far back as you can be, which means you have enough time to finish two teamfights, cap objective and level up thrice before the slow-ass ball catches up with its target

More than enough time for the person to get clear of people and be healed/shielded.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I hearthstoned away from a Phoenix last night. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No. Bourbie bubble, Jaina ice block, Zerathul ult, healing, not letting a squishy kael thas that you can one shot while he casts this ult. Uther healing/invicibility, shield, going in the mines to cancel it. etc etc.

This ult is lame as it is... if you make it have collision... it'll be totally useless.

Homophobia is so gay.

The only place where Pyroblast is annoying is stupid no-support quick match games. Otherwise, that damage is so obviously incoming and can even be delayed by running for a while that a healer can easily negate its effect. Even then, it's still easy to interrupt and some heroes can flat out negate it with basic abilities like Tassadar and Sylvanas.

15+ Year Old Account
    God the power spike after Chain Bomb and Ignite are amazing. Esp in these early days when people don't know how to deal with it and run away clumped

Nothing better than the other team escaping only to hear "Double ki- TRIPLE KILL" three seconds later as the bombs bounce back and forth XD

Also, played Kael exclusively tonight over about a dozen games. No question that Phoenix is the better ult. Pyro is way too clunky at present.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2015-05-14 at 01:54 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I very much enjoy sending a pyroblast at noobs who panic and runs desperately into their team for help only to kill their own low health teammates with the aoe blast

I saw another Kael trying to soak my Living Bomb on his teammates last night. He actually actively went out of his way to run into a group of them. Got a couple of free kills from that.

Deleted
    I can't even see the people i'm killing at later levels as Kael. Once chain bomb is up.

Their portrait just appears on the top bar "killed by me" and they've ran and are in the fog for a good 5 seconds. I love it.

though kael is squish as and is the easiest hero to land a kill on, next to nova.

i think hes a pretty good hero plus with all of the kaels running around my windfury build thrall is having the time of his life