Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's because Blizzard don't care. Tom Chilton even said himself each class deserves its time to shine. "It's fun."

source is Blizzcon 2014 on youtube.

22:41

Pvp is boring now and I don't even know how to fix it.

They just need to do a few obvious changes now to fix it, but they're not, it's like they're not playing their game at all. Arenas are JUST about CDs and battlegrounds get ruined by melee trains and huntards.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wrath pvp shits all over TBC pvp
    I'm fairly confident that there has not been a single period of WoW where PVP has not been shit.

IIRC I actually preferred Cata PVP to Wrath's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd like to kill people without waiting for my cooldowns for once.
    Then don't play a ret paladin.

In wotlk I was on my pvp geared unholy dk in Icecrown doing quests for the Tournament and got ganked by a fucking disc priest in equal gear because back then disc did significant damage while being immortal in 1v1 so there was no way to beat them and, unlike now when everyone has decent self heals and you turn it into a stalemate, they could actually kill you.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-05-13 at 06:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss 3.3 feral, where I could put 3 dots on someone, run away, and watch them die.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I miss 3.3 feral, where I could put 3 dots on someone, run away, and watch them die.
    Now you just go ham on them and watch them die. Feral was always insanely OP at pvp, only things that changed was how you wreck people. This expansion it's about insane dots that are actually as strong as some one bursting with actual strikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss bc pvp, even when i still have nightmares about "catch the damn druid" ~~

Deleted
    The good thing at the start of wotlk were warriors bladestorming in a corner with people just passing by ignoring them...=)
    Not so good at start were Rets OPness facerolling through everything.
    But during icc patch pvp was actually good, and I play shadowpriest =)

It's funny because most of the complaints in this thread are directed at PvE items which "ruined" the experience for certain players. MoP and WoD managed to ruin PvP because of their inherent mechanics, not because of an external factor as it seems to be the case for those complaining about WotLK here. So in most cases even if you think that Wrath PvP was not good, you say so because of the PvE gear, not the gameplay itself as opposed to MoP/WoD which barely had any issues with idiotic PvE gear.

Also, there's a good amount of misinformation running around, such as "Rets being OP for most of the expac". That isn't the case, they were ridiculous for 1 patch and that's it. DKs were absurd during the dreaded S5, but in S8 they're nowhere near as good as the top tier comps back then. I haven't seen a single post complaining about what could have actually made WotLK PvP a bad experience.

Deleted
    I think PvP would be much more fun when crowd control would be deactivated. Just slow (vs Melee) and interrupts (vs Casters). Its no fun at all watching your character run around in circles as a sheep, in cyclone, in frost nova and in sheep again for like ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I think PvP would be much more fun when crowd control would be deactivated. Just slow (vs Melee) and interrupts (vs Casters). Its no fun at all watching your character run around in circles as a sheep, in cyclone, in frost nova and in sheep again for like ages.
    I found the DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Good luck killing anything if you can only kick a healer.

WotLK had a lot of default, but it had pretty good balance between health pool, constant damage, and burst.
    I think that's what people miss the most.

It had very silly stuff tho, as someone said earlier, ICC PvE items were ridiculous.
    Also, I'd like to remember everyone we still played on the Orgrimmar Arena back then...

You mean people oneshotting with shadowmourne?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    The good thing at the start of wotlk were warriors bladestorming in a corner with people just passing by ignoring them...=)
    reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gQC-2_65co&t=6m16s

Classic: PvP sucked

Burning Crusade: PvP sucked

Wrath: PvP sucked

Cataclysm:
    PvP sucked

Mists: PvP sucked

Warlords: PvP sucked.

Each sucked for a variety of different reasons, but the fact is asking for the game to go back to a time when Healers were insane, far more insane than they are today, and where Retribution Paladins were god like is just stupid. There is no point in this game that you should wish PvP to return to because it all sucked at the time. Nostalgia blinds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywin Lannister View Post
    Classic: PvP sucked

Burning Crusade: PvP sucked

Wrath: PvP sucked

Cataclysm:
    PvP sucked

Mists: PvP sucked

Warlords: PvP sucked.

Each sucked for a variety of different reasons, but the fact is asking for the game to go back to a time when Healers were insane, far more insane than they are today, and where Retribution Paladins were god like is just stupid. There is no point in this game that you should wish PvP to return to because it all sucked at the time. Nostalgia blinds you.
    The fact that I can play literally ANY class in Classic WoW and have tons of fun in PvP is good enough for me to prefer back over WoD.

Casters still dominated during shadowmourne days, ele shams could actually 1 shot you.

lol @ people who are saying WoTLK pvp was balanced.

Lolret and DK dominated the first wotlk season. Rets and DKs were insane and could not be countered. This was quickly followed by the rise of frost mages and ele shamans who could global people. Let's not forget about shaman/hunter comps and "beastcleave" destroying people in 3 seconds flat either. Then came along shadowmourne and deathbringer's will teams. At this point it was just about who had a legendary and some OP trinkets. WoTLK was a great xpac, but it was most certainly not balanced in the pvp department whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I miss most about WotLK PvP was being able to kill Healers even as an Affliction Warlock.

In my opinion Season 7 was the pinnacle of a PvP in WoW, the most balanced and I deffinitely had the most fun back then.