Moment of weakness in WoW?

Have you ever had a moment of weakness? Today I log in and was checking the AH and was window shopping for my alt (Monk Brewmaster and I do that all the time for deals, Some reason the more gold you have, the more cheap you become) and saw "Stone of Fire" 4/4 for 3.6k, so I bought it. I felt so bad I contacted the seller and he was upset he sold it with 1 zero short (should be 36k). I offer to pay him the difference and did. But now I feel like I did the right thing, but also feel like a fool because no one would do that for me if I was in his spot.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-05-11 at 11:43 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Nah, you are not the only person who is honest and nice -- don't mistake the behaviour of others for evidence that you should also be an awful person.

I have done similar things in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you, but tbh i'd never do that His lost, my gain...Well i play rogue after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Good for you, but tbh i'd never do that His lost, my gain...Well i play rogue after all.
    Your advancing the idea that people only play rogues because they are nasty, selfish people? I'm not sure I'd agree with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Have you ever had a moment of weakness? Today I log in and was checking the AH and was window shopping for my alt (Monk Brewmaster and I do that all the time for deals, Some reason the more gold you have, the more cheap you become) and saw "Stone of Fire" 4/4 for 3.6k, so I bought it. I felt so bad I contacted the seller and he was upset he sold it with 1 zero short (should be 36k). I offer to pay him the difference and did. But now I feel like I did the right thing, but also feel like a fool because no one would do that for me if I was in his spot.
    Your to nice for the internet

Deleted
    I wouldn't have done it unless it had been someone I know, but hey you made someone a little happier so that's something I guess.

...sad is our society when honesty and compassion is a "moment of weakness".

My "moments of weakness" have always been about splurging gold on something despite knowing that I'd feel bad after (pre-MoP I had huge troubles earning gold). A few months ago however, I spent 140k for a full set of Glorious plate for my paladin, and didn't even bat an eye. Now my "moment of weakness" would probably include rolling another alt, getting attached to it and thus have yet another character. Heh.

If in your position I would probably have done the same, and I wouldn't consider it a moment of weakness.

i once sent a lot of gold per mail...i wanted to send it to my alt, but instead sent it to a stranger with a similar name...needless to say, i didn't see it again (i even sent a little note asking back for my money)

Had someone accidentally trade me something of value on WotLK and I kept it