Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

ARK: Survival Evolved

Being bored and surfing the internet as usual i stumbled upon this game

It's another one of those Online multiplayer survival early access games that's flooding the market atm.
    I'm usually not much for these kinda games but this one seems interesting and content rich already

Game is set to be released on PS4, XboxOne and PC and the expected release date is summer 2016
    Steam early access is june 2th.
    The game will also have singleplayer and Steam Workshop (Mod support)

steampage http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110

list of confirmed stuff for the game

http://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comm...eam_interview/

i think it has the potential to be a good survival game and a fun teamgame
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-12 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It has Dinos...
    Which is awesome!

I saw the interview with lirik today, and everything we see in the trailer is already in-game, it will go into early access june 2th for $25. Cant wait to play it. I CAN FLY ON DINOS!

And what if it ends up sucking like 100% of the other Dino games? I just read the Kotaku article and it looks phenomenal and the developers are going at least 1 year of early access on steam. But.... but...

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    And what if it ends up sucking like 100% of the other Dino games? I just read the Kotaku article and it looks phenomenal and the developers are going at least 1 year of early access on steam. But.... but...
    Kerbal Space Program was in Steam Early Access for over four years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    that's the main reason i don't like all these survival games
    but the more i look into this one the better, seems like it's not going to be like all the other survival games that takes years to progress

I'd for sure give their FAQ a read over, very good info there

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110...7600545122958/

What they said in regards to Early Access

We respect Early Access too and take it very, very seriously!

Everything we have listed on the Features list is in the game and will be available at Early Access, but of course we intend to do a lot of polish and iteration through Early Access in addition to continually expanding the Feature set as well.

But yeah, beyond simply hitting the feature bullet points, it's our priority that the game you play on Day 1 Early Access is a damn fun, polished, solid-as-heck experience that is only going to get ever greater. How do we make it happen? work work work work work work work

We're also going to have a Trello roadmap available to the public by the time we launch Early Access!

We know that the track record on Early Access games in general and Early Access Dinosaur games in particular isn't good. Actually we have a little something in the works to make the wound of the Stomping Land a little easier for players who were let down by it, but more details on that a little later...

We are set on being one of those Early Access exceptions, one of the teams that does it right. The developers behind ARK actually have quite a bit of veteran experience creating various well-known titles, so we're 100% aware of what we're getting into and fanatically committed to taking this all the way to the promised land... that would be, the land before time
    Also seems like they will have workshop support and are encouraging modders. One guy already said he wants to make a mod were you can play as a dino.

Deleted
    not to mention that they're going to focus on end game
    and it will have singleplayer and co-up so you can host a world for your friends to work on

focus is also more on survival and working together, so you don't have DayZ where everyone runs around killing eachother (hopefully)

their plan for now is having up to 100 players on the official servers, and it works like rust so that when you log out your char will go to sleep and will be vulnerable, so i'm not sure if the char is bound to the server
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-12 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Looks amazing, not sure about mixing dragons with dinosaurs but otherwise looks perfect, strange how this looks so finished and it has only just appeared.

Is everyone able to get into early access or is there a limited amount?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, now where is Dino Crisis 4?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Looks amazing, not sure about mixing dragons with dinosaurs but otherwise looks perfect, strange how this looks so finished and it has only just appeared.

Is everyone able to get into early access or is there a limited amount?
    Alpha starts very soon, i think somewhere in the start of next week

Then they open Early access to steam on June 2, where everyone is able to buy the game for $25/€25 depending on where you live.
    They then aim for 1 year of early access before the game goes into full release.

while in early access they will try to apply an update every second to third day
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-14 at 01:43 PM.

Apparently all the footage from that video is pure un-doctored gameplay taken directly from their already running and playable closed pre-alpha tests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Apparently all the footage from that video is pure un-doctored gameplay taken directly from their already running and playable closed pre-alpha tests
    yes, it's made in unreal engine 4, so achieving good looking graphics isn't the hardest
    and they're going heavily on graphics

someone from their team said that a GTX 970 can only run the game at 25 fps on max settings
    a GTX 980 is prob 30+ fps but not much more
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-14 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the devs confirmed pve only servers at early access launch to go with the pvp only ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    So the devs confirmed pve only servers at early access launch to go with the pvp only ones.
    nice
    also thought it would be a bit annoying only having official PvPvE

the only problem i can see with it is the server beeing flooded with buildings and what not in the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    yes, it's made in unreal engine 4, so achieving good looking graphics isn't the hardest
    and they're going heavily on graphics

someone from their team said that a GTX 970 can only run the game at 25 fps on max settings
    a GTX 980 is prob 30+ fps but not much more
    I believe they said that you could run the game efficiently on even a $100 GPU and that 60FPS was achievable but they weren't optimized fot it. You can't turn off certain GPU straining things like grass effects because the grass itself is a harvestable resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    I stopped accepting science.
    wut

I'm excited to see what becomes of this game. Survival genre has always intrigued me but never tried anything like Rust or DayZ. My fave survival games are Cowiculas Wilderness Survival and Jurassic Park... both custom games on WC3:TFT =P

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It has Dinos...
    Dinos that, from what I can tell, you will be able to outfit with gun mounted saddles.
    READ and be less Ignorant.