The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Music in RIFT is seriously underrated

As title says, the music in this game is rarely spoken about in "Great Videogame music" threads. But after playing it again for the last month, I find myself just chilling out to the music on Youtube now.

Like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Try going through Seratos and Morban late at night, lights out and headphones on

For me it was that there were too few tracks, not the quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I have my soul recall set to sanctum is the 'chapel' music, my fav, I let it finish once always before exiting lol

Deleted
    the 2nd track is my favorite... sounds stupid but once i was sad and just listened to that music in game and closed my eyes for 2 min. felt a lot better after that

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Rift does have some beautiful music. I love the music from the Atagarian Well.

Though I hate the zone I love the epic music from Steppes of Infinity when you get to the Infinity Gate part of the zone.

Deleted
    Many great MMOs are underrated just because they are not WoW.

The Rift Soundtrack is alright. I don't think many songs tend to stick out very well, but they're very Martin Shore/LotR soundtrack feeling. Most of them are pretty simple hymns, but they're good for what they are. The game is still bad, though.

Deleted
    I agree, it's part of what got me in to making my own soundtrack music shameless plug inc....

Parts 1,2&3 actually have a fan-fiction story attached to them, its over on the rift forums. the series is called unearthing the dendrome. also theres fae yule and the rise which are also rift inspired.

Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2015-09-12 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    As title says, the music in this game is rarely spoken about in "Great Videogame music" threads. But after playing it again for the last month, I find myself just chilling out to the music on Youtube now.

Like this:
    Several people involved on this. (hope I spell them right).

Inon Zur
    Yannis Brown
    Paul Romero
    Rob King

I swear there are times when I play other games and think the music is VERY similar. Seems like one of the Call of Duty games makes me think of RIFT. Modern Warfare maybe?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I listened, OP. There's a lot of weird low-quality white noise in the background whenever the lady is doing her thing.

Honestly, the music just seems... lackluster. Too simple. I'm not being blown away. I was a heavy player of Rift back in like 2012~2013, sadly got pushed away when they went F2P, wasn't happy about that. I liked the Meridian music, but allow me to ask you what you think of this:

I realize one could argue this is unfair, as Square Enix is a far bigger, far older and more successful company than Trion, but still, I don't feel like it should be that hard to get some truly high quality decent music made, eh? Maybe I'm wrong, you tell me. Ever since I started playing FF XIV ARR, I've stopped caring about looking back at music from Rift or even WoW, too much, this stuff just seems so much more natural and alive.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water