Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hand of Freedom is no longer usable while stunned. REALLY??

What kind of PVP induced stupidity is this?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I say.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

how often are you using hand of freedom while stunned in pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    how often are you using hand of freedom while stunned in pve?
    Enough for it to warrant being nerfed, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Enough for it to warrant being nerfed, apparently.
    I think his point was, it doesnt really affect PVE, but is a PVP inspired 'nerf'

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    I think his point was, it doesnt really affect PVE, but is a PVP inspired 'nerf'
    Essentially this.

OP Seems upset by this 'pvp based nerf' affecting him in pve. A pvp induced nerf nerfing pvp shouldn't be surprising at all, so the outrage is confusing.

Was HoF that stong on PvP to make the nerf justifiable? I don't really PvP...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandoo View Post
    Was HoF that stong on PvP to make the nerf justifiable? I don't really PvP...
    With the short cooldown and double charges they could basicaly reduce duration of stuns for example ith is extremely powerfull and not that it was realy effecting me, but my horror never lastst long on rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it intended to remove stuns? I recall this being a thing one or two expansions ago, but it was removed.

Just started playing Paladin again, so don't mind my sillyness.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2015-05-12 at 06:05 PM.

Only Retribution paladins had a talent that made it remove stuns, and yes, you could remove those stuns from yourself as well as from others.
    Haven't PvPd enough in this expansion to give a strong opinion though. Not sure if it was intended towards Holy or inclined more towards Ret.

Is there a place where they explain the intent of the change. I don't feel like Retribution paladins are too strong, nobody claims so, I don't understand ...

Yup..ret paladins aren't too strong on either aspect of the game, PvP or PvE..YET they still find something to nerf for them at any given chance, freedom here now, and our mastery come 6.2. Apparently being underplayed and middle/bottom of the pack DPS output that brings no specific benefits to the raid that a prot or holy paladin can't just bring and be of more useful to the raid while doing so....warrants us catching any nerf they just so happen to decide we deserve when they don their epic quality "[Blindfold of Nerfing]" and huck the ol' "[Dart of Decision Making]" at the "[Dartboard of What Can We Take from Them Next?]" for choices.

Blizzard reasoning as always...bulletproof. Glyph is causing an "undesirable" effect to Hand of Freedom, and deemed TOO POWERFUL to be one small benefit that paladins have...better nerf the ability's "use window" and cut it from being cast during this portion of time if this circumstance is met....namely that the pally is stunned, but be damn sure to leave the glyph that makes it "so powerful" alone.

Yup..bulletproof.
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2015-05-12 at 08:05 PM.

Angry

its still a stupid nerf bcuz the only way to have that CC reduction you had to have HoF glyphed, which was needing bcuz as soon as a ret popped wings in MoP we were CC'ed almost the entire duration. rets are the easiest controlled melee spec and i believe this was a band-aid fix for that but i guess not...so in essence, they nerfed Hof and made the HoF glyph obsolete for pvp.

double nerf the one of the lowest tier melee specs in the game....TYVM blizz
    Last edited by Omaski; 2015-05-12 at 07:57 PM.

I just love how it just further strengthens the "train the Ret until dead" meta. Even if the nerf was directed at Holy, they should've just made the glyph Ret+Prot only.

As it is now, this change does not affect PvE in any kind of way, since you don't use the glyph in any serious Raid anyway, and in PvP it's just another nerf to Ret, which I can hardly understand.

It boggles my mind from time to time what the hell Blizzard is thinking with their changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    It boggles my mind from time to time what the hell Blizzard is thinking with their changes.
    That's one of the reasons why i quitted the game. It's simply not fun for me to be trolled for years.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Have you seen that 6.2 burst vid? Arcane mage: 3 sec, ret paladin: 7 sec. Ret obviously needs nerfs. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

Fucking astonishing. Can't imagine the rationale for this, but it's not like they've needed one for a long time when it comes to ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

I really implore you to tweet them to revert this change or give us other buffs in compensation. Or make the glyph Ret only if the nerf was targeted at Holy.
    Better yet, make it baseline and the glyph makes HoF usable while CCed.

I'll never get to 2k rating with all this bullshittery... (not whining about Rets being too weak, just general Group Finder stuff on top of the nerf etc.)

With all of the things that are broken in PvP they again nerf Ret Paladins which are nowhere close to being the strongest.. We get no compensation or anything..

There is something seriously wrong with the WoW PvP / Balance developers..