Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Returning to SWTOR

Hey there,

I have not played the game since about 8 months post launch and decided to give the game a go again. Turns out, I have a lot of cartel coins from my Authenticator! Anyway, if I don't buy the SoR expansion will the affect my character as I progress to level 55? Or does SoR introduce somethings that can be useful in the vanilla content?

Thanks in advance!
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't buy SoR until I hit 55 so it has no bearing on content up to that point.

If you want a free 7 days of subscription, hit up the link in my signature.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I didn't buy SoR until I hit 55 so it has no bearing on content up to that point.

If you want a free 7 days of subscription, hit up the link in my signature.
    Thanks for that. And I wish I would have known about the free sub time prior to buying a month this morning!
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Thanks for that. And I wish I would have known about the free sub time prior to buying a month this morning!
    The free week is a nice perk but subbing for even just one month can set you up very well if you save your credits and buy unlocks so that if you drop back to Preferred status, you can still get many of the subscriber perks.

I'm a subscriber now but I know I've bought all the unlocks for my account so that if I ever drop back, I'll still be setup to play with many F2P/preferred restrictions removed.

Yeah as already said, SoR doesn't affect anything until you are 55, so you could hold off on buying it. And as also stated you may wish to buy some of the unlocks with your coins, if you plan to drop down to non-sub later on. Certain ones of them are very nice to have

They've added a lot of great stuff since you last played, I am loving my house and excited to try the space battles. The planets seem pretty active on my server too, which is great.

Edit - Ryas I clicked your friend thing and got some free days so thanks haha!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    As mentioned, you can wait to buy it. But it won't be long before you get to 55, especially if you sub.

They have added some new things with the expansion, but there isn't much new for pvp as usual

It's worth playing the base game without the expansion first to see how you feel about it. If after you've leveled to 55 you want to
    continue on then it might be wise to buy SOR.