Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Austria finally gets LGBT traffic lights

Source
    http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2710158/
    It was quite a long fight until austrias government finally decided that their traffic system is not inclusive towards LGBT people. Gone are the times where being included in the traffic system is a cis / straight privilege Austria should be seen as a pioneer in progressivism

What can i say? It was about f*** time. Hopefully the US and other european countries will copy it. LGBT people make up to 15-20 percent of the citizens, why are 99% of the governments are still excluding them from the traffic system?

Opinions?
    Last edited by mmoc253745bd9c; 2015-05-12 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to spot a troll 101...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Assuming this is real... remember this next time anybody ever complains about how the government doesn't spend enough on ______ in Austria -- because somebody spent money on this pointless banal shit right here.

Deleted
    We did what now?

Edit: Ah, yes. Found it. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10244179.html

It's in preparation for the stupid Eurovision Song Contest thingy or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont they just use WALK, DONT WALK? Or the RED HAND for stop. That is inclusive of everyone.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What....? There's not even a 'straight' version of those signs where I live...

What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why dont they just use WALK, DONT WALK? Or the RED HAND for stop. That is inclusive of everyone.
    Stop discriminating against dyslexic people, Korgoth.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Really? People are starving in Africa, and they spend resources on THIS ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank god for that, I can sleep easy tonight.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who complained to get this implemented needs to be gunned down. This is just plain retarded...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    It's in preparation for the stupid Eurovision Song Contest thingy or something like that.
    Thought something like that. There is NO way Austria would do something like that outside of the Song Contest.

Deleted
    Not everyone has the able privilege of having hands. That would be seen as ableist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, that's not really what's going on. I went and read a real story about this. They unveiled a few of these in one city, Vienna, ahead of the Eurovision Song Competition. It's to promote a sense of inclusion after some of what went down following a transgender woman winning last year. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    So, back to "someone spent money on this pointless, banal shit". Remember that next time anybody complains about a pothole in Austria.

Deleted
    And extreme liberalism continues to make the world a stupider, more trivial place...

Deleted
    Caution fat people in love?
    Caution woman with trousers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, my... that's pretty fucking stupid. I don't think it was needed. Did someone actually complain about this?
    That can't be surprising by now

I think this is just a stunt though, any serious implementation would be dumb.

Deleted
    The red hand, green hand just wasn't cutting it?
    As i said, not everyone has hands. A lot of people lost them at car accident or whatever. It would exclude those people from the traffic system

Deleted
    The red hand, green hand just wasn't cutting it?
    They have little humans not hands

Deleted
    You just discriminated against people without hands you ableist scum!

In all seriousness: A red person standing. A green person walking. That's all we need

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    As i said, not everyone has hands. A lot of people lost them at car accident or whatever. It would exclude those people from the traffic system
    How about telling the whole story in the OP?