Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think we will ever see a new class in the game?

Adding another class requires a TRAMENDOUS amount of balancing to work, especially in PvP.

Lets be honest, a new class will not bring back the sub numbers. The players who quit will not return long term becouse theres a new class, perhaps to try it out.

So I dont think Blizzard sees much profit in spending that much time and resources on something that will not benefit them much, if at all. 1 shop mount will probably bring more income to blizzard than a new class will do.

I dont think so atleast. If you do however believe we will see a new one, please share your thoughts below

Don't need one. We don't need a new race, either.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't need it. If they add it and it's not shit, great. If they add it and people just bitch about it, not great.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wod require them to actually do some work. With how much has been half assed since Cata a new class would just end up a disaster.

Deleted
    I hope not. I'm still not very familiar with monks and they've been out for over 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBComix View Post
    my thoughts on the matter as well.

however, if it makes sense for whichever future expansion, then its possible something will come of it. i think we are more likely to see sub races well before we see any hint at another playable race or class.

WoW simply doesnt feel like it needs another race or class atm. nothing anybody has said or thought about so far seems unique AND popular enough to warrant being added to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    nah no new classes please. I'm tired of classes being broken each season.

As for races though just put out ogres for horde, God knows what alliance would be getting.

Then that's it no more races.

Deleted
    I bet your a load of fun at parties.

No need for another class.

I dearly hope so, especially another hero class. Looking unlikely atm.

brace yoursevels, demon hunters are coming (but i dislike this entirely, really, they will just bring it up for the hype+money)

Yes. The whole "we don't need one" thing is irrelevent. We will almost certainly see a new one as it's part of the way the game pattern has gone so far and WoW's competition has a ton of classes that WoW doesn't have an equivalent for.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I bet your a load of fun at parties.
    Could not have said it better myself

Please no.

They already can't balance the classes they have, why would you want a new one? I wasn't playing when MOP launched and monks went live but if it was half as much of a trainwreck as Death Knights were in Wrath launch I'm sure it was awful. Hero classes are a terrible idea just fix the current broken classes/specs.

Races? Sure, whatever - but please no more new classes.

Correlation doesn't mean causation... but...

First expansion with no new races or classes... biggest sub drop in the history of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Correlation doesn't mean causation... but...

First expansion with no new races or classes... biggest sub drop in the history of the game.
    Like you say, correlation is not causation. WoD would have been 100% fine without any new races/classes if it wasn't just a shit expansion on the whole.

I don't think there is enough of a niche left in WoW for another unique class. Everything that has been suggested by fans over the years is covered by one of the existing classes (or the Engineering profession, in the case of Tinkers).

I would like to see demon hunter. though this is mainly down to Illidan being my all time favourite character. would it make much difference ingame? probably lots more black temple farming for the war glaives.

That wasn't the question though. Of course we don't need one. But it's inevitable. People get excited about new classes and races and Blizzard needs some sort of hook to sell future expansions. Even if a lot of those players don't stick around, the box sales generate quite a bit of money.

It's inevitable that a new class show up sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I don't think there is enough of a niche left in WoW for another unique class. Everything that has been suggested by fans over the years is covered by one of the existing classes (or the Engineering profession, in the case of Tinkers).
    Let's be fair. One, Blizzard said that they had multiple ideas for classes to go with for WotLK before they ultimately decided on Death Knight.

Two, just becomes fans can't come up with a class based on the current lore doesn't mean Blizzard can't come up with somebody. Warlords of Draenor / Iron Horde came waaaaay out of left field. Not their best work, sure. But it does show that they can occasionally surprise us.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the two classes we're already got, it's safe to say, that new classes hurt more than they do good..

With a little luck, we won't see any more classes..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    We seriously need it tbh
    World of meleecraft is boring, give us a new ranged class that can spice things up. I know I would play it.