Thread: Gladiator DPS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    How to tell we need new content? Warriors spending all their rage on the forums again.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I'm dumping my fury on the warlock forums

Anybody remember when rage was normalized in TBC? And there was this dubbed bollywood video of some charismatic Indian fellow being interviewed by someone, with the interviewer playing CM "Tseric"? In the dubs, the interviewee basically shames Tseric into agreeing that warriors must has more rage. I wish I could find that video again.

Hahahahah. hahaha I found it. Enjoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQYq3obHZA
    Last edited by angelmaz; 2015-05-21 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Anybody remember when rage was normalized in TBC? And there was this dubbed bollywood video of some charismatic Indian fellow being interviewed by someone, with the interviewer playing CM "Tseric"? In the dubs, the interviewee basically shames Tseric into agreeing that warriors must has more rage. I wish I could find that video again.

Hahahahah. hahaha I found it. Enjoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQYq3obHZA

BC/early wrath was a dark time for Warriors but rage normalization (after the 3rd or 4th time they tried it) actually ended up being a good thing.

If you like that video though you'll love this one from Diablo 3 Barbarians.

I retired my glad warrior long ago, right after they nerfed it, hoping when the patch comes it is better again.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurghan View Post
    The idea that that is a "fact" is hilarious. How fluid or smooth the spec feels will always be an opinion. This is why no one's arguing with you anymore. You're a brick wall.
    You're agreeing with me, you just mis-read the post you quoted.

I fully agree that how fluid or smooth the spec feels will always be an opinion, I said so myself. My point was that changing something which affects the fluidity/smoothness negatively, makes it less fluid/smooth and that is a fact.

It's the same as if two people are arguing about the air con in an office and one says 21c is cold, that's an opinion not a fact. But 21c being colder than 23c is a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There is no point in even trying. I presented a logical argument and yet when he says things they are a fact, when we say the opposite they are opinions. Give up, he has no clue.
    You don't have to be rude to people just because you disagree with them, especially when you're aggressive responses are based on you own misreading

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I explained exactly how it would be a good thing for the spec as a whole
    No you gave an opinion on what you would like more, the fact you cannot see the difference between that and explaining facts is probably why we come to disagreement on our opinions.
    No you just don't agree with my points.
    That's what having different opinions means >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Thirdly, make sure you log that kill when you get it. 50k on Mythic Iron Maidens as the only Glad stance kill would make them only 9th worst of the 90th percentile (the benchmark you quoted) and Glad's best Mythic result as a direct action.
    Oh, we killed it this past week. on most of the pulls I was 49-52k before 20% phase, Going into the 20% phase you get a small damage buff at first with lust, potion, etc. but after you kill Marak your damage takes a nose dive with both bosses jumping around like monkeys.

log
    If you look at only up to the end of lust it was ~49k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa3-yVDN5_g
    You can look at his skada and see how much I was doing at each point in the fight.

-
    he cut off the part where I said "out of 9" at the end hahaha
    Last edited by Kumqatninja; 2015-05-30 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumqatninja View Post
    Oh, we killed it this past week. on most of the pulls I was 49-52k before 20% phase, Going into the 20% phase you get a small damage buff at first with lust, potion, etc. but after you kill Marak your damage takes a nose dive with both bosses jumping around like monkeys.
    Unfortunately, execute phase at 20% is why Glad wasn't really viable for this fight during progression. You can see from your own log how you fared to the rest of your raid during your lust, arguably the most important part of that encounter.

It's also not just this fight, however. Looking at your logs for the other bosses you've killed so far, I'd assume you already know the difference between the specs. This one just gives you some nice >20% damage thanks to your HS cleaving and US to help keep up on overall damage.

I think a lot of people don't realize what it means when they're being told Gladiator isn't viable for mythic progression at the moment. They're not saying it's not viable in mythic, they're referring to the sort of progression that happens when you haven't been farming bosses for an entire tier. You can kill bosses in mythic as Gladiator, just as you can as Assassination, Frost Mages, Frost DK's, etc. They all do damage (just varying amounts), so they all fulfill the DD role.

Whether it's optimal towards specific fights is another story. And that is what Mythic progression is about. You play the optimal spec to push out as much effective damage in as little gear possible. That doesn't mean it's impossible to progress in Mythic as these specs, just more difficult. Just take a look at what Sarri does with Arms on a lot of these fights.

When you ask if something is viable, people are going to reply with what does the most damage. Blizzard doesn't allow any specs to continue unmanaged when they are literally impossible to kill bosses with in their respective roles (anymore?). So in that respect, every class/spec is viable. If you're asking if guilds are accepting Gladiators for raiding currently, sure they are. Whether or not those guilds will meet your expectations and level you want to raid at is up to you and how much effort you want to put in your class. You most likely will not make it into a high end guild as a "Gladiator only" warrior, but you shouldn't have any problem with anything below that.

If you insist on one spec, I would suggest reading up on the strengths/weaknesses of that in reference to the others and even other classes. I personally think that type of attitude instead of the "what does the most damage" type is much more likely to help you succeed.
    Last edited by Vonconrad; 2015-05-31 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    How to tell we need new content? Warriors spending all their rage on the forums again.
    so good. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    Unfortunately, execute phase at 20% is why Glad wasn't really viable for this fight during progression. You can see from your own log how you fared to the rest of your raid during your lust, arguably the most important part of that encounter.

It's also not just this fight, however. Looking at your logs for the other bosses you've killed so far, I'd assume you already know the difference between the specs. This one just gives you some nice >20% damage thanks to your HS cleaving and US to help keep up on overall damage.

I think what a lot of people don't realize what it means when they're being told Gladiator isn't viable for mythic progression at the moment. They're not saying it's not viable in mythic, they're referring to the sort of progression that happens when you haven't been farming bosses for an entire tier. You can kill bosses in mythic as Gladiator, just as you can as Assassination, Frost Mages, Frost DK's, etc. They all do damage (just varying amounts), so they all fulfill the DD role.

Whether it's optimal towards specific fights is another story. And that is what Mythic progression is about. You play the optimal spec to push out as much effective damage in as little gear possible. That doesn't mean it's impossible to progress in Mythic as these specs, just more difficult. Just take a look at what Sarri does with Arms on a lot of these fights.

When you ask if something is viable, people are going to reply with what does the most damage. Blizzard doesn't allow any specs to continue unmanaged when they are literally impossible to kill bosses with in their respective roles (anymore?). So in that respect, every class/spec is viable. If you're asking if guilds are accepting Gladiators for raiding currently, sure they are. Whether or not those guilds will meet your expectations and level you want to raid at is up to you and how much effort you want to put in your class. You most likely will not make it into a high end guild as a "Gladiator only" warrior, but you shouldn't have any problem with anything below that.

If you insist on one spec, I would suggest reading up on the strengths/weaknesses of that in reference to the others and even other classes. I personally think that type of attitude instead of the "what does the most damage" type is much more likely to help you succeed.
    Actually every pull I did as Arms we never made into the Execute phase. I would argue that the damage I did as Gladiator helped us get there more reliably from pull to pull. I've played all 4 specs during progression this tier. Would Arms execute have killed that last 20% much faster? yeah of course, I'm not an idiot, it just isn't fun to play. I said in a previous post why I played it for the boss, from 100-20% it was the most consistent in damage and still put out solid numbers on all 3 targets. Deep wounds is insane on this fight. 1 gcd to apply bleed and bonus damage on the TC glyph is more appealing to me than rend>rend>rend>whirlwind spam. Until the last phase I ended up with the 2nd most damage and the highest of our melee. If that doesn't scream VIABLE you're being illogical. I didn't say it was the best or most optimal, which is how you defined viable, I did this to show that Gladiator isn't dead weight like a lot of people like to incorrectly spout on the forums. It's not the best spec but it's still competitive enough to kill the boss. Unless you're competing for a world first you don't have to play something boring or unfun to do a few more numbers. This is a video game, it's supposed to be fun.

I've killed every boss as Gladiator, and every farm boss as Fury, and a few as Arms, I've tanked for bosses that need 3. I just play whatever I feel like playing that night, or whatever the guild needs me to do. My GM never asked me to play Arms for execute, I even asked if he wanted me to, and he told me to play whatever I wanted. Our guild is tied for server first on a small server so our raid leader and GM are very lax on progression, we've had a few people burn out already and filling those spots have been hard, We've had to progress on bosses as 19m some nights. So they are doing the best to keep the atmosphere fun and engaging. We're 8/10 M and likely to kill furnace next week.

At the end of the day, we killed the boss and that's what matters. I wasn't doing piss poor damage or below the tanks, so it falls under a viable spec. The least viable out of the three based on overall damage on most fights maybe, but doing less damage for 80% of the fight to just spam one button is easy, boring, and makes me feel like a chump. Relying on Fury rng on rng on rng is frustrating and causes me to end up leaving the raid pissed off. At least Gladiator's rotation is actually causes me to think about what I'm doing, while also being fun and enjoyable. Mostly because it feels like MoP fury on crack. I'm excited to see how it fairs for HFC.

I didn't say it was the best or most optimal, which is how you defined viable
    My reply was directed at the OP to point out one of the major drawbacks of Glad. No one claimed you said anything. I also never defined viable. I defined the "progression" most people were referring to.

Gladiator's Resolve (Protection): Gladiator Stance now also increases the Warrior's Mastery by 50% while active.
    So, another buff...

Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldeath View Post
    So, another buff...
    I could be wrong, but i think that was already on ptr, just a tooltip update.

It was 30% previously.

Keep fighting the good fight, Ninja!