Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The class stood out. Started in TBC with my Draenei Shaman called... Hold your horses! *drumroll* Shamanic.
    They seemed great. WF totem + sword spec in 2's arenas were great fun when they chain procced.

Wanting every class at max level so I could best understand all classes to better coordinate raid strategies, and also so I could help(or assholeishly critique) other players

that was literally the only reason.. it was my last character slot, and I eventually(after hitting max level) deleted in in mop to make a second monk.

I found the class as a whole too boring and simple, also I hated all the race options for shaman on both factions

rip cameltotems. we hardly knew ye

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    my friend kept going on and on about how much he loved his shaman and how he really thought i'd enjoy playing one. that and T8.
    When I saw what Windfury and Windfury totem did.

Loved the look/feel of the class, and the idea of totems.

They have excellent transmogs and I wanted to be a hybrid physic/magic DD when I played as Enhancement.

As Resto, I think they look amazing when casting, their animations are among the best of healers imo.

Very versatile class, MDPS, RDPS, and Healer.

made one when alliance got shaman in BC

knew almost nothing about them until I got to max level, hah

the thing i like about them now is the very big single target heals in PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing Rain

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to have to say Warcraft III made me love the Shaman. The earlier books and games had a big influence, but I didn't really get to see the Shaman in-game until Warcraft III came out. I absolutely loved the concept of it from then onward, and started playing it when World of Warcraft came out. I enjoy being akin to nature, but in an Elemental sort of way. Utilizing Air, Earth, Fire, and Water in any sort of combination leads to all sorts of things. World of Warcraft doesn't exactly portray it well, but it's fun to role-play. I've played an Orc Shaman since the beginning, and I'll never change.

Deleted
    Unbreakable

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior... mage... rogue... hunter... all of these classes seemed standard and boring to me. Shaman, Paladin, and Death Knight were the only ones that seemed unique. I decided I wanted to make a Death Knight, so I would have to play a shaman or paladin to get to level 55. Well, my friends played Horde and I hated Blood Elves, so Shaman was the choice for me.

Started leveling and fell in love with the class. Leveled to about 50 as Enhancement with a weapon and a shield before I queued for my first battleground, Arathi Basin. In AB I saw an Orc enhancement shaman completely obliterating everyone with his 2-handed Taran Icebreaker and windfury. I realized windfury's effect scaled with weapon damage. I was completely hooked. And I didn't even both making a death knight.

Sadly, 2 handed enhancement is gone, but I've stuck with the class. Despite all of my QQ, Blizzard has done a lot to keep shaman gameplay interesting. And it is still by far the most aesthetically pleasing class in the game.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Vanilla and I wanted an orc that could heal. Nowadays? I don't know if I have a good reason other than gotta catch 'em all
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Rolled one in vanilla cause my guild needed a healer. Played one ever since

Blizzard's description of the Shaman class on their website back in BC. I loved how shamans could turn into fast running ghost wolves, that they were pretty much the only class that could resurrect themselves, how they used a bunch of melee & spell attacks, as well as them being able to frequently use a bunch of totems. Too bad totems are all but removed from the them of the class when looking back at what it used to be.

Deleted
    Windfury in vanilla. Then I changed main for a few expansions and in MoP i went back to shaman. Played Enhance through 2 tiers but it didn't get the same epic windfury feel so I tried elemental at the end of ToT and felt like a fucking jedi. Now in WoD I feel like I just ride out the storm.
    Sure it's good to get picked up for raids because I'm a good player but I want to get a spot because of my class aswell.

we had 4 rogues 0 shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I farted. Then I rolled a shaman. That was the deciding factor.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit the game due to my account being perma-locked. My account was compromised while away on vacation, so they locked it down. This was at the beginning of BC so it was quite a while ago. I attempted to call and recover the account but they said it was unable to be resolved - gave me 1 year of game time out of it. I quit instead because I was frustrated that I lost my GM hunter that I had put so much time into.

A few months later my friend wanted me to come back and said he would give me his 60 Shaman so I didn't have to start completely over. Here I am today, still playing a shaman. Its not the shaman that was given to me, though. I have 2 shamans. I decided to level one for myself to make the class truly mine.

Deleted
    My shaman was my first ever character on WoW. I've always played mage/wizard style characters, and before I picked up WoW I decided I wanted to be a Tauren (big furry meaty motherfucker), and shaman was the most wizardy style class they could be. So... Tauren Shaman I became

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I came from a game that had a Battle Mage spec. Read the description on the site. Sounded like a Battle mage *shrug*

Stuck with it because Im a masochist.
    While my inspiration for my main were the concept art from Wildhammer dwarves, the reason I have stuck with it is the same as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Feral spirits and ghost wolf. Started playing when the era of Ulduar was ending. Shaman is my most played class to this day.

Deleted
    I heard u could shapeshift into a wolf and that was the moment were decisions were made <3