What graphics card would be best for me?

GTX 960, GTX 970, or GTX 780?

Basically I'm wanting to re-build my rig a little bit and what needs replacing is the graphics card.

What I'm wanting to be able to do:
    1] Run up-to-three monitors at 1080p (Currently have 2)
    2] Have the main monitor run at 144hz, so maintain 144 fps on LoL, CS:GO and WoW (Not too demanding for WoW, tho, tbqh)

I really think a GTX 960 should be enough, but the memory being only 2 GB scares me. I currently run a 1.5 GB GTX 480 and whenever I play games at 1080p, I had a hard time maintaining 144+ fps with two monitors at 1080p.

That being said, I thought "Why not go to a 970?" But then I saw the 780 was not only cheaper but basically the same performance. Worth?

Oh MMO Champ, help me through this painful decision making time.

For multiple monitors I'd run with a 980. A GTX 960 is fine up to 1080p, but past that the VRAM is a limiting factor. Stick to cards that have 4+GB; with the 144fps factor, you want as much power as you can get.

If a 980 is just out of your price range, a GTX 970 or R9 290X will also work out, assuming you have a beefy enough power supply.
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    For multiple monitors I'd run with a 980. A GTX 960 is fine up to 1080p, but past that the VRAM is a limiting factor. Stick to cards that have 4+GB; with the 144fps factor, you want as much power as you can get.

If a 980 is just out of your price range, a GTX 970 or R9 290X will also work out, assuming you have a beefy enough power supply.
    I'm really not wanting to fork over the extra money for the 980. Would a 970 really not be able to do the job I'm looking for? Even with 4 GB of memory on the card?

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post

I don't think he meant gaming across 3 monitors, just 1 main for gaming and 2 for other stuff.

The 960 won't keep you at 144 for many games on Ultra. I'd go with the 970. The 980 is nice, but I don't really think it's worth the increase in price. Dual 970s would be a better option than a 980.

In short, the 960 will not be enough, not because of the 3 monitors and not because of the 1080p but due to the 144fps. The 970 will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I don't think he meant gaming across 3 monitors, just 1 main for gaming and 2 for other stuff.

The 960 won't keep you at 144 for many games on Ultra. I'd go with the 970. The 980 is nice, but I don't really think it's worth the increase in price. Dual 970s would be a better option than a 980.

In short, the 960 will not be enough, not because of the 3 monitors and not because of the 1080p but due to the 144fps. The 970 will be enough.
    ! You hit it right on the nose. I mainly play a game and leave a stream at worst on the other screen. Even then, the only game I play at 1080p is LoL anyway, the other two are at 720p. Just thinking worst-case scenario.

Thank you though!

Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    ! You hit it right on the nose. I mainly play a game and leave a stream at worst on the other screen. Even then, the only game I play at 1080p is LoL anyway, the other two are at 720p. Just thinking worst-case scenario.

Thank you though!
    Well, with the 970 you'll be able to play just about everything at 1080p. Heck I play pretty much everything at 1080p on my 960, but some games it's only 30 FPS, I'm ok with that though.