Thread: ench pvp sux :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If enchanting sucks in PVP then might I suggest going engineering?

Seriously though, enhance is best in turbo cleave to spam purges. Elemental is garbage (what's new). Resto is the only way to go... So if ur not having fun now, you're probably not gonna have fun later. I suggest shelving the shaman and pulling out...any other melee pretty much. Sorry man but its the life of a shaman and you gotta get used to it.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Dat filter over 2800 rating lol, so you need to be a fucking god with gods in your team to be viable.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=3v3 a more realistic filter show we are the 6th melee releveant out of 7.
    Representation on the low end really doesn't matter, do you compare Forza 4 to big rigs off the road racing when it comes out? Or to Grand Turismo?

It's about what's viable on the high end and Enhance 100% is. Even if it really only has 2 comps.

over 2200 rating is low rating? even over 2600 rating we are in the same spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Representation on the low end really doesn't matter, do you compare Forza 4 to big rigs off the road racing when it comes out? Or to Grand Turismo?

It's about what's viable on the high end and Enhance 100% is. Even if it really only has 2 comps.
    So the needs of the few outweight the needs of the many? Makes sense. Guess everything is fine with the million sub losses then, those stupid, unskilled masses ought to play something else.

The average person seems to be not allowed to have pvp fun as enh, as seems to be your opinion. Enh is fine, it's just for the very elites, but it's fine.

Well i don't play shaman. But i saw some that do a insane burst have great selfhealing and great mobility so i think ppl so complaint for everthing or for nothing. Class unbalance will always be ingame. Just learn your class and have fun with it. Thats the point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by berni View Post
    i really could use some help for my shammy, i am lvlìng him in bg/arena. and dont really do greath damage,i got the right gear,but dont really know witch stats i chould prio,, ? anyone,,, thx
    Enhancement shaman get substantially better at higher levels. Go for haste at lower levels until you unlock mastery at 80, and then shift focus from haste to mastery. It is true that haste is a very good stat for enhancement, but I in pvp you'll likely "feel" better with mastery boosting the damage of just about all of your attacks aside from storm strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimite View Post
    Yea don't even bother playing shaman in pvp we are literally terrible at everything right now.
    Totally false. Enhancement shaman have a high skill requirement and are generally unforgiving, but in the hands of a capable player they are very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Enhance has always been an underdog spec. I wouldn't recommend playing it in PvP, let alone leveling it in PvP unless you can take seeing your character die lots and lots of times. You will get more fun out of another class, unless the thematic of what you play has to be shamanistic, and you will get a lot more reward for less effort.
    Having played as all of the other melee specs and most of the ranged classes I can say without a doubt that enhancement is the most fun spec in the game, period. Enhancement rips most casters apart, can stand toe-to-toe with warriors, DKs and rets, offers insane utility and offhealing capabilities...and it's fast. If you like slow, boring, 2-3 button "rotations" then its not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    go haste mostly you get more from the haste stat via passive talents so its better atm, make a turbo threes team (druid,war,sham,profit your pretty much there just for pressure and purge so the war can kill) or you can run pretty well with a druid in 2s feral or resto. we do ok dmg but others have it easier.
    are you using unleash before flameshock for more dmg and healing if its glyphed? make sure your offhealing when you or your team mate needs it, you can bring someone back up to 100% if you get a hex off
    At level 100 it's hard to beat versatility as your stat of choice as far as enchants go, and for weapon enchants you can go haste or mastery - I recently changed from warsong (haste) to bleeding hollow (mastery) and I prefer the mastery quite a bit. Haste's benefits diminish quickly any time you are out of melee range, and the way the warsong enchant works makes it pretty bad for melee since you start with 1000 haste which ticks down by 100 every 2 seconds. The average haste over the duration of the buff is 550, but your effective haste is measured by how long you're actually banging on a target and you're kited for just 5 seconds that haste buff becomes nearly worthless. The mastery buff stays at 500 for its entire duration, and with dual procs giving you 1,000 mastery that's about 9% more damage from all of your spell attacks including lava lash.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Funny how people say this spec sucks every single expansion, yet those that ignore the gossip and try it anyway tend to do just fine.
    Yup...but it's incredible how quick the forums will cry if enhancement shaman even so much are perceived as being "good"...because if people start thinking enhancement is good, the forums will declare them "OP".

I assume it's just a L2P thing, but shamans are the 3rd whiniest class after warriors (ironically the #1 crybabies) and paladins (ret qq alone would give them 2nd place), though I guess it's also the #1 ignored class so I can understand somewhat.
    It is a L2P thing because you don't have any "oh shit" abilities with enhancement, so if you bite off more than you can handle you'll get rolled. Most shaman are pretty chill people. I wouldn't call them crybabies...but warriors do cry a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Spamming purge is exciting and compelling gameplay.
    Because we can spam purge doesn't mean it's all that we do or can do.

Neither is just sitting on a target and spamming sinister strike, doesn't change the fact that Combat is stupid powerful.

Cry about enhc not being fun to play or the limited amount of comps if you want, but saying it's a bad PVP spec is just ignorant and wrong.
    Rogues are incredibly boring to play, and they feel very slow and sluggish...which is odd; they should feel quick. Never liked the feel of rogues and shelved mine at 90.

Rogues are, however, a lot of fun for mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Dat filter over 2800 rating lol, so you need to be a fucking god with gods in your team to be viable.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=3v3 a more realistic filter show we are the 6th melee releveant out of 7.
    I don't see how you injecting your opinion of what qualifies as "realistic" for purposes of a "high rating" change the fact that enhancement is a very solid pvp AND pve spec that most people can't play effectively.

Why would they? You can roll an FDK and spam 70K obliterates while passively self-healing yourself though tons of damage...or a warrior whose mobility and damage is even worse than a feral druid.

Anyone over 2K with an enhancement shaman deserves props...and naturally the most POPULAR classes will be the most represented as you filter out lower ratings...I don't think enhancement has been popular since its 2H windfury days in vanilla, and then it was horde-only.

Deleted
    shamans need some luve for pvp