Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    That said, Henshaw casually announcing that he was "Cyborg Superman" really seemed shoehorned in and made me cringe.
    It was definitely cringeworthy. David Harewood makes a better hero than villain. He really hams it up as a bad guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Supergirl is back.

Thoughts from last night's episode:
    so it's pretty much confirmed now that Mon-El is the Daxamite Prince.

Jonn has apparently never heard of oxygen masks.

I'm undecided regarding the yellow sun grenade.

The world really needs more heroes with shields. I also think the Winn "doubt" storyline should've gone more than one episode.

I give it a B.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Supergirl is back.

Thoughts from last night's episode:
    so it's pretty much confirmed now that Mon-El is the Daxamite Prince.

I'm undecided regarding the yellow sun grenade.

The world really needs more heroes with shields. I also think the Winn "doubt" storyline should've gone more than one episode.

I give it a B.
    Before the break was similar, lots of plot lines introduced and resolved in the same ep or soon after. It was a fun enough episode, there's always the Iron Man problem. If you have Iron Man, and he has the tech for armor, why not armor some more folks? So sure, you've got Guardian, which your IT guy assembled from spare parts on the weekend or whatnot, maybe toss a set of armor of some kind to the soldiers? Or at least hook Alex up with something. (She had that exoskeleton that time, didn't she?)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I've always assumed that, being a race of shape-shifters, Martians don't necessarily have the same arrangement of internal organs as most solid species. So it's entirely possible that J'onn doesn't need to breathe, or even have lungs, but the atmosphere's toxicity can still hurt him just by being in it.

(yes, I'm hand waving)

10+ Year Old Account
    i bet the two aliens that are looking for Mon'el are his parents. and they are pissed for some reason.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i bet the two aliens that are looking for Mon'el are his parents. and they are pissed for some reason.
    Hadn't thought of that, but a Prince does imply a King and/or Queen still being around.

Hadn't thought of that, but a Prince does imply a King and/or Queen still being around.
    Eh, not really. Anastasia was considered a Princess, not a Tsarina despite her parents being dead. He's still significant because he's (potentially) the last surviving member of the Daxamite Royal Family.

Also, consider a scenario where the King and Prince have the same name (which is not unusual). Calling him King Mon-El would just confuse the heck out of everybody.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or did Supergirl got fat and more wrinkly.

Eh, not really. Anastasia was considered a Princess, not a Tsarina despite her parents being dead. He's still significant because he's (potentially) the last surviving member of the Daxamite Royal Family.
    One exception does not invalidate the general rule (and besides, Великая Княжна is generally translated into English as 'Grand Duchess', not 'Princess', and even if she were a Princess she'd only technically still be a princess because the monarchy as a whole died when she and her entire family was executed). If you're a Prince, that means a King or Queen is still alive. Succession is instantaneous in practically every monarchy with no coronation/crowning required.

We're going by the theory that "The Prince saved me" story Mon-El told was a lie, and that he was actually the Prince. Since we, the audience, don't know if his father is actually dead, we can't officially refer to him as the King, so the Prince moniker remains. Of course, that's in human terms, but I doubt the writers give much thought to making Daxamite royalty work under different, unfamiliar-to-the-audience rules.

Also, consider a scenario where the King and Prince have the same name (which is not unusual). Calling him King Mon-El would just confuse the heck out of everybody.
    Er...huh? In that scenario, you'd almost have to use their titles to avoid confusion.

Er...huh? In that scenario, you'd almost have to use their titles to avoid confusion.
    Exactly. Our Mon-El is Prince Mon-El. His father is called King Mon-El. Daxam blows up, and Prince Mon-El escapes. If you start looking for "King Mon-El", people will think you're looking for the father, not the son.

Until he's been crowned/recognized/promoted/whatever, he'd still be called Prince Mon-El because that's who everybody knows him as.

Exactly. Our Mon-El is Prince Mon-El. His father is called King Mon-El. Daxam blows up, and Prince Mon-El escapes. If you start looking for "King Mon-El", people will think you're looking for the father, not the son.

Until he's been crowned/recognized/promoted/whatever, he'd still be called Prince Mon-El because that's who everybody knows him as.
    That's the thing, though; nobody is looking for "King Mon-El" or "Prince Mon-El"; they're looking for "Mon-El of Daxam." The only people referring to him as a Prince are we the fans, and only because of his story about the Prince rescuing him, with everyone assuming that he was, in fact, the Prince, and it was his bodyguard who rescued him (or else he fled in cowardice).

It bugs me that Alex is the one running all the tests on M'Gann; don't they have techs to do stuff like that? Alex is field ops.

It bugs me that Alex is the one running all the tests on M'Gann; don't they have techs to do stuff like that? Alex is field ops.
    Shes also a Doctor and iirc an Exobiologist.

Hey, we already have enough characters, lets not develop a new tech accidentally. :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Ok, Livewire got some good lines in there

i ship kara x mon el
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Shes also a Doctor and iirc an Exobiologist.
    Also, J'onn wanted to help M'Gann, but didn't want to want to help her, so he mentally compromised and had his Earth daughter do the tests for him.

So Kara gets holier than thou on James saying that one mistake he could get killed...right after she almost got killed by Live Wire. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    So Kara gets holier than thou on James saying that one mistake he could get killed...right after she almost got killed by Live Wire. Wtf?
    Well, that's a matter of scale. Kara's life is threatened by a super-powered psycho. James' life is threatened by every single opponent he chooses to face. Any crook with a gun or a tire iron or even a lucky punch could end Guardian's career. Heck, taking a fall the wrong way could kill James instantly, or paralyze him for life.

Me, I'm waiting for someone to point out to Kara that "one human mistake and you're gone" applies to the cops, too.

Deleted
    Well, that's a matter of scale. Kara's life is threatened by a super-powered psycho. James' life is threatened by every single opponent he chooses to face. Any crook with a gun or a tire iron or even a lucky punch could end Guardian's career. Heck, taking a fall the wrong way could kill James instantly, or paralyze him for life.

Me, I'm waiting for someone to point out to Kara that "one human mistake and you're gone" applies to the cops, too.
    Considering how many times humans and their technology almost got her killed she's still being a hypocrite.