Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
  1. #961
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    No it's not.
    It's worse than the last 3 seasons of Green Olive Oliver Arrow .
    It's worse than the last 2 seasons of IamHurryDurrinTheDumbestmanAlive.
    It's somewhere in the same galaxy of undistilled, pure, concentrated shittiness that is the homeworld for Legends of Who the Feth Cares.
    Bitter much ?

  2. #962
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Bitter much ?
    No.

    These are thine ten characters .
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  3. #963
    Supergirl just feels to me like a feelings first, superhero second kind of show. I personally rate it behind the others but i don't really care for stuff that goes the emotions route.

  4. #964
    Would it be considered taking a dump in every Supercorp shippers cornflakes then force feeding it to them if they put Lena with James. The big fail mess of S1 James with putting him with Lena who has more chemistry with Kara than James ever did. James and Kara would never of worked because there will always be that doubt and question of would he of been into her at all if he never knew she was Supergirl with him being Supermans BFF.

    How old is James anyway, because he is depicted to be around Kara's age which doesn't make sense. He was working for the Daily Planet when he took that first pic of Superman when he first revealed himself which was before Kara even landed when she was 13/14? So shouldn't he be at least 10+ years older?


    Episode was good, lots of bonding between Kara and Lena this season along with Sam all three of them being adopted too. So far thou this seasons feels like a rip off of Smallville S8. Davis Bloome = Sam (new friend to the group is the big bad) Reign is her version of Doomsday. The winter finale is called Reign so thats when she will most likely first attack just like Doomsday did in S8, then the Legion shows up in the episode when it comes back next year just like it looks to be happening on Supergirl as well. Heck Morgan Edge is comparable to Tess Mercer in S8 as the mini background villain.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Was just thinking, with Alex being part of the x-over. It would be kinda cool if Cisco made her a suit that was an upgrade from her standard DEO gear. Anyone else think its time Kara got an update to her Supergirl suit this is S3.

  5. #965
    I don't know about upgrading the suit, most of the other shows updates are kind of pointless to me. I wouldn't hate it if they did it, but doesn't really matter.

    I'm sort of tired of the shippers. I don't want Lena/Kara, or Lena/Jimmie or Supergirl/Reign or whatever. It's too tedious. I think the Alex relationship went well enough, but otherwise every relationship has just been tedious across all the shows. Still not sure why Lena doesn't know Supergirl is Kara, but whatever, more drama for later...
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

  6. #966
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I'm stepping in the middle of the conversation there, I've watch maybe 1 or 2 episodes and initially (and still) found this serie to be more "girl" oriented. Not because of the female main character, but just because the way it was done/written. (Personal opinion).

    I've watched The Flash, The Arrow, casually and not up to date the Legends of Tomorrow. This show have characters interactions, so at some point Supergirl came in (Alien Invasions episodes? and I think 1 or 2 with The Flash), and it seems better.

    Is it worth it?
    Supergirl is rilly good. You should watch it. Its usually the best of the four although all of them have their good points and better episodes.

  7. #967
    this season has been pretty great so far. id say right now supergirl, arrow, and lot all feel like theyve hit a stride, know what kind of show theyre trying to be.

    flash has been the weakest. honestly i feel like they dont know what they want flash to be yet and kinda feels like its just going through the motions. i still think its enjoyable but so far flashes arc isnt as engaging
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  8. #968
    Was a good episode seeing the first time they truly bonded, first time Alex got cocky knowing Kara would save her. Two things i think it was missing thou, when they were talking about hanging out at the end Alex should of said something about calling it sisters night and running into Alex's friend who thanked her for what she did back then.

    Loved the Smallville references, their high school was it me or was that the same building as Smallville high cause the main entrance shot looked just like it.

  9. #969
    I'm getting really sick of this trying to make me feel sorry for Alex thing. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    The look into the past was alright. Always good to get more backstory.

    And the Chloe reference... brought back some memories of feelings i had for Allison Mack in my teens.

  10. #970
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    And the Chloe reference... brought back some memories of feelings i had for Allison Mack in my teens.
    Have you seen the news about her lately? Apparently she's mixed up in some sex cult as one of the leaders or something.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Have you seen the news about her lately? Apparently she's mixed up in some sex cult as one of the leaders or something.
    Can't say that i have followed any news since the show ended.

  12. #972
    I know Maggie wanted off the show, they should of just got a new actor to replace her than break them up. To have a gay couple on a Superhero show is brave and great for a more enlightened society but to break them up over something so trival is lame. Hopefully Alex meets someone in the second half of the season, would be nice if she had a talk with Sara who could help her thru it becaue she has experience with breakups like she had with Nyssa.

    I wonder if part of the season finale will be Kara leaving to go help the Legion with something.

  13. #973
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I know Maggie wanted off the show, they should of just got a new actor to replace her than break them up. To have a gay couple on a Superhero show is brave and great for a more enlightened society but to break them up over something so trival is lame. Hopefully Alex meets someone in the second half of the season, would be nice if she had a talk with Sara who could help her thru it becaue she has experience with breakups like she had with Nyssa.

    I wonder if part of the season finale will be Kara leaving to go help the Legion with something.
    Not wanting kids isn't trivial for big % of the people living on the planet.
    This is something you cant change and it will always drive a wedge between even the strongest relation ships.

  14. #974
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I know Maggie wanted off the show, they should of just got a new actor to replace her than break them up. To have a gay couple on a Superhero show is brave and great for a more enlightened society but to break them up over something so trival is lame. Hopefully Alex meets someone in the second half of the season, would be nice if she had a talk with Sara who could help her thru it becaue she has experience with breakups like she had with Nyssa.

    I wonder if part of the season finale will be Kara leaving to go help the Legion with something.
    Yeah right.
    Like black anal techsupport hero from the arrow.
    Much story advancement.
    Such character build.
    Very define.
    Wow.
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Not wanting kids isn't trivial for big % of the people living on the planet.
    This is something you cant change and it will always drive a wedge between even the strongest relation ships.
    You misunderstood, i was referring to the fact they broke up sanvers over an actor wanting off the show instead of getting a new one as trivial. Wasnt talking about the reason used on the show.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yeah right.
    Like black anal techsupport hero from the arrow.
    Much story advancement.
    Such character build.
    Very define.
    Wow.
    Curtis has had character development, and he isn't depicted as a typical gay guy Hollywood style which is great. You missed the point where i said female lead Superhero series, Legends doesn't count because thats a team of heros and Sara is being depicted as a one night stand person. Sanvers was a stable and committed relationship.

    With whats going on with the show runner, hopefully they will hire a female as the new one. Would be AWESOME if they threw him under the bus and did Supercorp with him gone.

  16. #976
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You misunderstood, i was referring to the fact they broke up sanvers over an actor wanting off the show instead of getting a new one as trivial. Wasnt talking about the reason used on the show.
    Yeah, I read your initial post the other way also, but I see your point. In a show full of shape shifters and assorted other oddities, bopping Maggie to another actress would be easy even if they didn't want to just recast and never acknowledge the change. The in character reason does highlight how fast the relationship went/ how little they knew about each other, but it's TV, so meh.

    That said, I don't really think it's "brave" to have a gay character on a tv show anymore. It's good that it's normalized, but it's not a stigma. Yes, some will complain, but some will complain about ANYTHING, so not a big deal.


    Curtis has had character development, and he isn't depicted as a typical gay guy Hollywood style which is great.
    I like Curtis, I do wish they'd focus more on his science ability rather than him being a melee guy, but so be it.

    You missed the point where i said female lead Superhero series, Legends doesn't count because thats a team of heros and Sara is being depicted as a one night stand person.
    That really irritated me with Sara. She was in a committed relationship with Nyssa, then in a committed relationship with Ollie, then returned to Nyssa. Bisexual, committed, sometimes conflicted. Then suddenly she's uber-lesbian, bang every hot chick of the night. It was just an odd switch. Of course, she did die in there somewhere, but it's not like they used that justification.
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

  17. #977
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,810
    Black analys techsupport guy had actual character development?
    What?
    Are we on the same page?
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •