Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Woo, one mythic mount that is really just a remodeled Sky Golem. Yeah, no. Not excited.
    You mean like the remodeled store mount that is unrelated to current content? Store isn't getting anything special there.

Maybe if it was not the lumpy, short model but instead the Iron Reaver model, which looks a lot better and would be a lot more unique, though. :P
    It would be ridiculously sized if it were the actual iron reaver, and would look stupid as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Just me sad they didt use Cruelfangs model for an mount

I NEED IT, IT LOOKS SO BADASS ;___;
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You mean like the remodeled store mount that is unrelated to current content? Store isn't getting anything special there.
    I never said the store mount was more unique. But one mythic mount being as unique as the store mounts they churn out doesn't really change anything.

It would be ridiculously sized if it were the actual iron reaver, and would look stupid as a result.
    It would be large, but not extremely so. It would not be that much larger than many of the current ingame mounts. Not by necessity, at least.

I never said the store mount was more unique. But one mythic mount being as unique as the store mounts they churn out doesn't really change anything.
    Well then what is your point? We don't get enough 'unique' mounts point blank?

It would be large, but not extremely so. It would not be that much larger than many of the current ingame mounts. Not by necessity, at least.
    At which point you face character placement issues inside the mount.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    Most achievement mounts have been recolors/reskins...

WotLK, except for the Frostwyrms, which were reskinned drakes.

Cata, reskinned drakes.

MoP, Recolors and reskins.

This isn't a change. This has been a constant.
    People use re-skin and re-texture a little loosely. The ironbound and rusted protodrakes were entirely different textures, not just same texture-different color.

You're using a really false equivalency here, and I think you realize it. The only "easy" to get proto-drake was from the Glory of the Hero achievement, and that wasn't particularly easy. The Proto-drakes were rare.

And again, in Trial of the Crusader, there were quite a few unique mounts, especially if you include the alliance/horde variations. There was no Glory of the TOC raider, but there were several different mount drops

Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider and Glory of the Firelands Raider are also reskins... of already rare mounts that people STILL don't have. They aren't just identical texture/mounts, with the color slider changed a little bit. The Twilight Harbinger mount is a little lazy even then, but at least they had the decency to change the head and make it look like Alexstrasza.

Stop making excuses for them. They are clearly putting all their talent into the store mounts, and it's absolutely insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    a spit in the face to the entire playerbase
    Quit the game then? That'll show them!

PTR is PTR, there's still time to change it. I'd even argue it's quite likely as (in my mind) this wolf just isn't nearly good enough for the glory reward. Then again, the hell do I know? Here's hoping it won't be the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    The only "easy" to get proto-drake was from the Glory of the Hero achievement, and that wasn't particularly easy. The Proto-drakes were rare.
    I'd argue green proto-drake was the easiest to get. Just had to buy the egg weekly and hope you got lucky. Following that logic I guess the blue one from utgarde pinnacle could be the second easiest before the red one, too. Especially before the Gotta Go! nerf it probably was.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Not to be devil's advocate but does it really matter?

Fel Wolf from killing fel orcs makes sense. Fel bird from apex crystals when the arakoa are a big part of the whole apex thing makes sense.

Getting fel bird for achievement killing fel orcs didn't make sense. Getting fel wolf from bird people for apex crystals didn't make sense.

I mean, they did the smart thing by swapping them.

Now I agree its lazy as fuck to just recolor existing stuff and try to pass it off as new content, but that's a different argument. This change was a sensible one IMO.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

This is just all opinion, but IMO the worst glory mount was Drake of the East Wind

The mount should be a recolor from Cruelfang. Yes, another wolf, but a really cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There is no difference between a "reskin" and a "recolour" - they are the same thing.
    Firehawks are reskinned protodrakes.

Firehawks are not recolored protodrakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Firehawks are reskinned protodrakes.

Firehawks are not recolored protodrakes.

remodeled*

The Ironbound Proto-Drake is a reskinned Protodrake.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then what is your point? We don't get enough 'unique' mounts point blank?
    Yes. It would be nice if the effort they put into store mounts was put into mounts that non-raiders can get as well, instead of just another recolored wolf or boar (the latter where the animations don't even work, and haven't since 6.0's release, which still hasn't been fixed.)

At which point you face character placement issues inside the mount.
    It would be a transform. Large still, but not extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Just me sad they didt use Cruelfangs model for an mount

I NEED IT, IT LOOKS SO BADASS ;___;
    Oh, you mean the one Horde got screwed out of? Sha'tari rep gets you the Iron Horde elekk mount (with all the armor and fire and stuff, looks exactly like Ironcrusher from the Darmac fight). Laughing Skull, the Horde equivalent, gets a regular wolf model with some armor on it (a recolor of the wolf from the Stables achievement) instead of the logical choice of the same model as the wolf from the Darmac fight to match what the Alliance get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Oh, you mean the one Horde got screwed out of? Sha'tari rep gets you the Iron Horde elekk mount (with all the armor and fire and stuff, looks exactly like Ironcrusher from the Darmac fight). Laughing Skull, the Horde equivalent, gets a regular wolf model with some armor on it (a recolor of the wolf from the Stables achievement) instead of the logical choice of the same model as the wolf from the Darmac fight to match what the Alliance get.

Yeah, that's model is the least they could've given for Laughing Skull exalted. Though if we're going with what they should've really given as a mount reward, it's the Grinning Reaver.

Sadly, they preferred to make more cash with a cool and unique looking mount than put it where it should be obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Not to be devil's advocate but does it really matter?

Fel Wolf from killing fel orcs makes sense. Fel bird from apex crystals when the arakoa are a big part of the whole apex thing makes sense.

Getting fel bird for achievement killing fel orcs didn't make sense. Getting fel wolf from bird people for apex crystals didn't make sense.

I mean, they did the smart thing by swapping them.

Now I agree its lazy as fuck to just recolor existing stuff and try to pass it off as new content, but that's a different argument. This change was a sensible one IMO.
    It did make sense because you face a Shadow-Lord Iskaar in HFC who was a fairly major lore character this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There is no difference between a "reskin" and a "recolour" - they are the same thing.
    The Challenger's Yeti (for 8/8 Silver CMs) is a reskin of the Gronnling model. The red Gronnling for Glory of T17 is a recolor of the base Gronnling mount model (Poundfish*). There's definitely a difference between a reskin and recolor. I wouldn't call the Yeti being a "recolor" of the Gronnling.

OT: Fucking hell. Just tired of the boring same mounts over and over. Is the Gronnling the ONLY new model mount in this expansion now? Can't think of any other that are brand new models.

* Typo intended. It's a joke among Poundfist campers
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The Challenger's Yeti (for 8/8 Silver CMs) is a reskin of the Gronnling model. The red Gronnling for Glory of T17 is a recolor of the base Gronnling mount model (Poundfish*). There's definitely a difference between a reskin and recolor. I wouldn't call the Yeti being a "recolor" of the Gronnling.

OT: Fucking hell. Just tired of the boring same mounts over and over. Is the Gronnling the ONLY new model mount in this expansion now? Can't think of any other that are brand new models.

* Typo intended. It's a joke among Poundfist campers

Actually, the yeti and gronnling use the same skeleton but have a different model.

Quick guide:

Recolor: Green Proto Drake -> Time-lost Proto Drake
    Reskin: Green Proto-Drake -> Ironbound Proto-Drake
    Remodel: Green Proto-Drake -> Red Firehawk

Yes. It would be nice if the effort they put into store mounts was put into mounts that non-raiders can get as well, instead of just another recolored wolf or boar (the latter where the animations don't even work, and haven't since 6.0's release, which still hasn't been fixed.)
    Except since WoD Store has had 1 mount - which is a (lightly) remodeled tiger. There is no huge time investment you guys are implying, even ignoring that the store brings the whole development team more budget than it costs to run.

Deleted
    Except since WoD Store has had 1 mount - which is a (lightly) remodeled tiger. There is no huge time investment you guys are implying, even ignoring that the store brings the whole development team more budget than it costs to run.
    That's untrue and you know it. Seriously even discounting the two mounts that hit after pre/during pre patch and once WoD hit were blatantly taken from the game i.e the faerie drake and the iron reaver they also added the grinning reaver. I wonder if there's a single thread in which you aren't writing complete and easily refutable bs.