Red face Am I ready to pug raids? C:

Basically title ^-^. I love Resto Healing (mained this Shaman in Cata, was on shelf since 4.3 ;o!) I know I have a few non-630s which will be replaced soon but anyways, yeah! also, what's the fastest way to get Apexis Crystals for the Legendary Ring? Thanks in advance.

Also, talents.. I'm not quite sure which are best for genera healing throughput? Any insight on that would be extremely great c:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ezraeah/simple

Edit: Lolol forgot armory >.>
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2015-05-14 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    what's the fastest way to get Apexis Crystals for the Legendary Ring?
    Daily quest in your Garrison and have a Mage Tower for the Work Orders.

Generally speaking talents are as follows;
    15 - Shift
    30 - Windwalk
    45 - Call or Projection
    60 - Playstyle/Encounter Dependant, a good default is Echo for 2x Riptide charges and 2x SLT charges. None are clearly better than the other, all situational use.
    75 - Rushing Streams (Conductivity if there is extended stand still stack time)
    90 - Blast (cast on cooldown and get used to it, only extremely short fights where you dont need the regen allow for PE.. so Gruul. But this will help with low gear)
    100 - High Tide (Cloudburst has some viability in very small raid sizes and challenge modes when used correctly)

Glyphs; Resto doesn't have a ton of great options, but there are some good ones situationally.

1) Glyph of Healing Stream Totem - great resists on any fight with recurring Frost Fire Nature damage.

2) Glyph of Spiritwalker's Focus/Grace - usually you'll find yourself using one of these. Either longer SWG or shorter with a shorter CD for more frequent movement.

3) Glyph of Healing Wave - very small healing to yourself when you filler heal people with Healing Wave. Useful in 5 mans, CMs, beginner raids and as a freebie 3rd glyph when you have nothing else to use.

4) Glyph of Chaining - if you have a small raid and you need to train yourself to use Chain Heal less frequently. Negative effect with Asc as it lowers your potential throughput while Asc is active

5) Glyph of Purify Spirit/Cleansing Waters - Glyphs tied to dispelling. If there is frequent dispels it may be worth taking one of these glyphs. Usually better healing on people who need it than the Glyph of Healing Wave (assuming it doesn't purely overheal)

6) Glyph of Riptide - Generally a more advanced glyph. Common misconception is to blanket Riptides like Druids used to blanket Rejuvs, this should only be done on massive amounts of movement when you have nothing else to do. This glyph is used to enhance High Tide synergy by applying several Riptides on people you know who will take damage to allow Chain Heal to have maximum bounces with High Tide. You lose a massive amount of Riptides healing by taking this glyph and it is generally recommended that a player take the talent Echo of the Elements for 2x Riptide charges if you're needing a lil boost to Riptide as it allows you to bank a charge for before aoe damage. Personally I do not run this glyph, though many shaman healers do. Its all about personal playstyle and preference, much like the level 60 talent tree is.

Enchant your gear and stop using gems from old expansions and maybe youd be ready for pug raiding. Good luck!
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-05-14 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added glyphs
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Thanks so much for this. . I did find it odd that I don't at least have EotE with High Tide to burst its synergy o_0! I'll stop using old gems, I swear :P

Thanks again ^_^

Check the AH for BoE gloves. The Kargath ones are usually affordable.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    The apexis crystal farming method I went with for 6 or 7 of my characters was to take the Skettis Missive for 200 resources, fly there, kill the rare construct sitting at the entrance bordering Talador 4 times, hearth, repeat. Takes less than 20 minutes per run with an ilv615.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    The apexis crystal farming method I went with for 6 or 7 of my characters was to take the Skettis Missive for 200 resources, fly there, kill the rare construct sitting at the entrance bordering Talador 4 times, hearth, repeat. Takes less than 20 minutes per run with an ilv615.
    Can you be more specific about this? Kill the rare 4 times, hearth, (What should I do when I hearth o3o) And then repeat, sounds simple

There's a NPC just right outside of the town hall that "sells" scouting missives. These are just like the apexis daily. I recommend you pick one that's the same place as the daily. That way when you kill mobs it will count for both quests. The rare at skettis used to spawn really quick. Like 2 minutes a new one would drop. Killing it will get the quest bar to about 50% or so.

Thanks all c: I've gotten to 642 so far. Having a little bit of a hard time getting haste gear, and my chain heal is definitely feeling it :l. But I'm managing!!

Really, gear is in no way going to stop you from raiding (assuming you've at least done enough dungeons to be 630+). Remember that when we first did HM normal, everyone in the raid was around 630-635 ilvl, and now you will very likely have other players in the group much higher than that (helping to "carry" the run) and most players will be experienced in the raids (helping it to go smoother). Just run some LFR until you feel comfortable and then jump right into a pug (the group finder makes this easy). Groups are always looking for healers, so I'm sure they'd welcome you.

Also, make sure to read the encounter guides on WoWhead or watch the videos by fatboss or LoSgaming if you want a quick look at what you'll be faced with on each fight.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-05-17 at 06:04 PM.