Deleted

Confused about stats blood dk

Hey guys,

At the moment I am very confused about stats i should go for as Blood Dk.
    Some guides/people say multi/crit all the way but some say multi/mastery. I know mastery isnt the best anyway so I dont really know for sure.

But I am dropping itemlvls atm to get more multistrike to get BoS up. my multistrike unbuffed is 2001, 40.32% atm. So its alright.
    But now I am curious do u guys go for crit or mastery? Cause I have both weapons from flamebender (multi/mastery) and from blast fuyrnace (crit/multi)
    Cause I read that crit is also good because the parry it gives. So mastery or crit/parry?
    I really dont know what to go for cause I have a shitton of items in my bag but unsure to use them or not.

Like I got a gemmed warforge heroic Doomslag Greatboots (crit mastery ilvl 691 boots) But i am using Sabatons of Fractal Earth (mastery/multistrike ilvl 685 ) boots. I think that alright cause of the multistrike.
    But yeah I am a bit confused. And I see you guyshelp out real good so thanks in advance!

JellosDK and others run mutlistrike and crit to completely max out their dps. He can do this because he doesn't mess up his mechanics that keep him alive. This style is also somewhat dependent on being in a 20 man raid where you have a constant flow of external cooldowns. On the other hand, if you feel that you still need to work on not getting killed, then mastery is the best mitigation stat available and you should take it over crit.

From what I understand, crit is better for dmg while mastery is better for survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    JellosDK and others run mutlistrike and crit to completely max out their dps. He can do this because he doesn't mess up his mechanics that keep him alive. This style is also somewhat dependent on being in a 20 man raid where you have a constant flow of external cooldowns.
    If you're doing non-mythic content, you don't need a stream of externals assuming you're not incredibly undergeared.

It doesn't even seem like Mastery is better for survivability on some fights (ie Twins and Hands in France).
    Hans: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    Twins: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing
    I'm not a top player or anything. It's not even in Mythic. It's just heroic. But I'm just posting it to show that even stacking the hell out of multistrike, you get some really good healing in on some fights (granted, blizzard's intentions for healing that much on Hands in France wasn't intentional, and I dunno if they've changed it yet [i don't think they have], but I quit a good few weeks ago). Stacking Mastery is absolute 100% overkill. It would be like if you were to put on shin guards, elbow guards, a helmet, etc just so you can take the trash out or whatever (lol). If you're raiding heroic, you don't even need externals. As long as you Death Strike at the right time, you can stack Multistrike and never die. I mean..Multistrike IS our attuned stat. Mastery is one of the worst stats in the game for BDK. Just stack MS and go Breath.
    I like the Flamebender weapon better than the Blast Furnace weapon just because it has more Multistrike
    Last edited by LimeMouse; 2015-05-15 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    JellosDK and others run mutlistrike and crit to completely max out their dps. He can do this because he doesn't mess up his mechanics that keep him alive. This style is also somewhat dependent on being in a 20 man raid where you have a constant flow of external cooldowns. On the other hand, if you feel that you still need to work on not getting killed, then mastery is the best mitigation stat available and you should take it over crit.
    You don't need a single external to do 10/10M going MS/Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You don't need a single external to do 10/10M going MS/Crit.
    I think you're exaggerating a bit there

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I think you're exaggerating a bit there
    I mean unless you got bombed on Blackhand during P2... or your other tank was dead on kromog?

You shouldn't need them for Beastlord, Gruul, Ore, Hans, Flame for ANY reason. Kromog if other tank died or stacks got fucked. Thogar no. Maidens no way lol fight does no damage and you shouldn't tank marak under 20% anyway. Blast Furnace unless you are 2 tanking and on Foremans side I guess you need it during P1 but P2 and P3 no. Blackhand you can rotate your own CDs for P1. P2 you need nothing and P3 Breath heals you.

Like progression you really didn't need them as blood unless you play bad or your other tank died on a cleave boss.