Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I made the same thread in the TV show/movies subforum, guess I should've visited this place first

Its sad to see him go, his characters have always been some of my favorites. The show is not as good as it used to but its still a good watch imo, atleast way better than the crap we get nowadays.

Showrunner Al Jean did confirm that they will be recasting.
    For new characters or replacements? Love Flanders' uptight annoyance (I want them enemies again), and Smither's tacit yearning for Burns with all it brings.

Does that mean we get Futurama back?

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    One of his tweets implied that the contract would have restricted some of his freedom to do other projects.

Personally I hope this is the beginning of the end. Makes me sad the show has been milked so hard for so long.
    I'd literally freak out if it was no longer part of Sundays.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    <burns voice>Excellent!</burns voice>

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan
    One could only hope but I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan View Post
    I found Futurama gross and not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    Doesn't everyone watch Family Guy nowadays instead?
    Family Guy is also far past its prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/harry...impsons-2015-5

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-harry-shearer

The show's going to hell. Homer needs his frienemy and that's too many toons. New characters lately have sucked too.
    Okli Doki.

I miss American Dad, I don't get tbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the final episode of Futurama, I don't know if it'd be worth risking ruining it by resurrecting the series again - although if they did, I would hope FOX would do it. The Comedy Central seasons didn't quite capture what made the earlier seasons great, and a lot of the episodes that addressed contemporary political issues sucked.

Speaking of, though, they should get Billy West to voice the missing Simpsons characters. I'm pretty sure he could do any voice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I have literally never watched this show.
    Then you missed out a lot, the first 9 seasons of The Simpsons is easily the best TV show there show. It has pretty much everything, great comedy, characterisation, storylines, emotion, voice acting. I'd definately recommend watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    For new characters or replacements? Love Flanders' uptight annoyance (I want them enemies again), and Smither's tacit yearning for Burns with all it brings.
    Al Jean tweeted ''recast if Harry does not return. No yellow wedding.'', not sure by which characters he means. We're gonna have to wait for some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    Doesn't everyone watch Family Guy nowadays instead?
    Not me, that show is horrible. I'm even more suprised how that show has stayed on the air for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's it the simpsons is officially dead. NO ONE can replace mr burns.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Do people still watch new episodes of The Simpsons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That made me laugh. It's been going downhill since season 4 or so. 21 years of declining quality.
    are you saying season 5 sucked?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Do people still watch new episodes of The Simpsons?
    I still do, guess its out of habit but I still enjoy some of the newer episodes. The show is mostly hit & miss these days, but still a better watch than most other stuff these days. And its still one of the most watched animated shows, so yeah still plenty of other people that watch it :P

I've actually really been loving the latest Simpson season. I don't get people saying it's no longer funny. Maybe they just stopped watching?

This actor loss comes as a great blow to me. I am going to miss all those voices. Mr. Burns.. Skinner.. Lenny!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I've actually really been loving the latest Simpson season. I don't get people saying it's no longer funny. Maybe they just stopped watching?

This actor loss comes as a great blow to me. I am going to miss all those voices. Mr. Burns.. Skinner.. Lenny!!
    i've watched the recent episodes and they came across as desperately trying to compete with family guy. most of the jokes also fall flat and are plain unfunny (some of them don't even make sense in the context they are given). let's not even mention how the writers manage to fuck up the plot numerous times in every episode by constantly forgeting previous events that happened in the simpsons world or completely rewriting them or introducing plotholes that occur within the same episode. it's a sign of truly horrible writing.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-05-14 at 03:47 PM.

Another nail in the Simpsons coffin.

I was such a huge Simpsons fan back in the 90s but i cant even bring myself to watch it now.

The show died when Phil Hartman died imo and took all his iconic characters with him and now with shearer gone who voiced all my fave characters then the show needs to be retired but that wont happen cause fox has nothing to replace it with and the show only exists now to keep everyone in paychecks.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2015-05-14 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching those shows a while ago. Family Guy is horrible and the Simpsons has not made me laugh in years.

Shock humor just never gets me.... except South Park, those guys are the masters of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whatever, the show should have ended years ago. I don't watch any new episode since they all come off like a milked cow.

Just because a shows popular doesn't mean it has to keep going and going, Friends was one of the most popular sitcoms, and Frasier was one of my favorites, but I wouldn't want them to keep milking those either.
    isn't there an old joke about that very topic referencing the cosby show?

futurama was unfunny when Comedy Central brought it back, why would it be any different if fox brought it back again.