Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/harry...impsons-2015-5

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-harry-shearer

The show's going to hell. Homer needs his frienemy and that's too many toons. New characters lately have sucked too.
    It had to happen eventually. I'm just waiting for the day that the guy who voices Homer (and others) quits or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    futurama was unfunny when Comedy Central brought it back, why would it be any different if fox brought it back again.
    maybe they'll add more hookers and black jack?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Simpsons stopped being funny when they stopped trying to be edgy, now they are just round. The show is way way past it's prime and they haven't done great episodes since before the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Al Jean tweeted ''recast if Harry does not return. No yellow wedding.'', not sure by which characters he means. We're gonna have to wait for some more info.

Not me, that show is horrible. I'm even more suprised how that show has stayed on the air for so long.
    What does No yellow wedding refer to?

The last episode with Quagmire was terrible.

What does No yellow wedding refer to?
    Its in reference to Game of Thrones ''Red Wedding'', which phrase got used in this seasons premiere when a Simpsons character died. Now he basically means that none of Shearers characters will be killed off.

Deleted
    http://www.businessinsider.com/harry...impsons-2015-5

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-harry-shearer

The show's going to hell. Homer needs his frienemy and that's too many toons. New characters lately have sucked too.
    The show went to hell years ago. Family Guy and South Park suck as well.
    To be honest, I don't think there is a single animated comedy left that is intelligently written. They are nothing more than political vehicles based on nothing but ridiculing or hateful comedy, being offensive without a purpose, other than offensiveness itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    The show went to hell years ago. Family Guy and South Park suck as well.
    To be honest, I don't think there is a single animated comedy left that is intelligently written. They are nothing more than political vehicles based on nothing but ridiculing or hateful comedy, being offensive without a purpose, other than offensiveness itself.
    I'd say Bob's Burgers is still really good, and despite South Parks decline I still really enjoy that show.They are still my favorite shows to watch.

Simpsons should have ended in the 11th season. after that it's unwatchable

Who? The whats? I only watch intellectual and sophisticated programming

10+ Year Old Account
    Found it... now my brain can rest.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Simpsons and Southpark.... two shows that should have long ended.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Let's see, Simpsons is... 26?

Hasn't been good for about... 20 years?

Sounds about right.

Deleted
    I've just been binge watching The Simpsons, got to series 9 before I felt like skipping an episode. Then it went downhill rapidly. The lost the art of good, simple storytelling.

lovejoy, burns, flanders, skinner, kent, hibbert, smithers, lenny, scartchy, kang. So many voices.

Last edited by Themius; 2015-05-14 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Simpsons and Southpark.... two shows that should have long ended.
    At least South Park doesn't redo complete episodes and pass them off as something new. How many times has Lisa helped Mr. Burns and in it she is surprised that he doesn't change?

I would enjoy if the characters aged a couple of years, keeps them around the same age group so they can still get into the same antics, but they could get into something new at the same time.

South Park has to bring back killing Kenny.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    At least South Park doesn't redo complete episodes and pass them off as something new. How many times has Lisa helped Mr. Burns and in it she is surprised that he doesn't change?

I would enjoy if the characters aged a couple of years, keeps them around the same age group so they can still get into the same antics, but they could get into something new at the same time.

South Park has to bring back killing Kenny.
    Probably has something to do with the thought that people can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    South Park has pretty much eclipsed Simpsons in every meaningful area. There hasn't been a point to watching the Simpsons in years.

Family Guy, on the other hand, has been just.... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    South Park has pretty much eclipsed Simpsons in every meaningful area. There hasn't been a point to watching the Simpsons in years.

Family Guy, on the other hand, has been just.... no.
    They're completely different shows with very different culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They're completely different shows with very different culture.
    Not really. Early Simpsons weren't that far off from South Park and early Family Guy, in that they were essentially political and cultural commentaries hiding behind hyperbolic hijinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not really. Early Simpsons weren't that far off from South Park and early Family Guy, in that they were essentially political and cultural commentaries hiding behind hyperbolic hijinks.
    Different culture.