Poll: How many years before the US gets this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The thread stands witness of the excellent job the cold war propaganda did/does.....
    Some are just borderline pathetic.

"People are leaving the US, see how shitty their country must be?"

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I love the US and despise conspiracy theorists, but Big Pharma doesn't give a damn about anything but profits. Just look up the little goldmine they've struck by selling HIV meds as preventatives (rather than the infinitely cheaper condom option) and taking advantage of the sluttier sector of the gay community.

On-topic: It sounds a little too good to be true, but, regardless, any progress is good. Thanks Obama!
    You really just have to look at where their costs go.

Most of the cost goes into advertising, more than 2 times what goes into research.

They get ads in all forms of media, and the rest goes into the pharmaceutical sales reps. To be spent on their clients. Like bribing, but legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    There is no 'vaccine' for cancer. This is one of the most idiotic things I've heard in years. It's amazing how people buy into Cuba's communist propaganda. If it was such a remarkable little country with great healthcare, it's inhabitants wouldn't be fleeing for their lives in poorly made ships. This reminds me, during spring break I was in Key Largo. We went fishing and no joke saw a Cuban refuge raft floating just outside the inlet to the bay area. It had been picked up by the coast guards even had a GPS buoy tied on. But yeah, they've had a cure for lung cancer for years *rollseyes*.
    This vaccine has been available to Canadians and Europeans for some time now. This is not some new drug, and has been worked on for many years.

I would say, that with a longer average life expectancy than the U.S. and a lower infant mortality rate than either Canada or the U.S., you would be wrong about Cuba not having exceptional healthcare, which is also free to Cubans. The ones fleeing are not fleeing due to healthcare issues.

But keep trying. Maybe you will think of something halfway credible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    You really just have to look at where their costs go.

Most of the cost goes into advertising, more than 2 times what goes into research.

They get ads in all forms of media, and the rest goes into the pharmaceutical sales reps. To be spent on their clients. Like bribing, but legal.
    Want to provide the source that two times more finances go into marketing than research and development and application fees?