Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I want to know what cancerous lump on its CEOs brain makes him think mobile gaming is the future.
    The same cancerous lump that has every major publisher looking to expand their mobile offerings and chase that Candy Crush and Clash of Clans money, including Blizzard.

Mobile games are cheap as hell to create, so if they bomb or don't do well you lose very little. But if they do explode like a Clash of Clans, or even do moderately well? You're swimming in money at that point.

Like it not, the mobile gaming scene is huge and still growing, and just about everyone wants a piece of that pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The same cancerous lump that has every major publisher looking to expand their mobile offerings and chase that Candy Crush and Clash of Clans money, including Blizzard.

Mobile games are cheap as hell to create, so if they bomb or don't do well you lose very little. But if they do explode like a Clash of Clans, or even do moderately well? You're swimming in money at that point.

Like it not, the mobile gaming scene is huge and still growing, and just about everyone wants a piece of that pie.
    Don't get me wrong, having cheap made quick games themed from major games I don't mind. And even cheap little independent games is fine if thats all it is. But a company to go from one of the leading producers of quality well thought out titles, to cheap candy crush style games, and that being the focus, is pretty insulting to the fans and people they made their company what it was.

Like said above, blizzard themselves have done it with hearthstone, but they continue to produce content for their existing games, and even develop new games like overwatch. If a company wants to cash in on the mobile market while still producing proper game and content for them, I've no problem with it. Its the horrendous downgrading konami has done thats the shock and awe here.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2015-05-14 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    That wasn't even my point. But thanks for missing it.

No one who knows anything about video games thinks those games are cheap to make, but they're being made by people doing their job. And a lot of those big budgets go into paying truck loads of money to some actor/actress to VO work. Instead of paying those people shit loads of money and hurting games companies just need to work on their game. People are still going to buy 'big budget' games that don't have 14 actors doing VO.
    VO is among "easier" parts

Try to make your own game engine, which would work fluidly, which means you need to know math far beyond what is being taught in university, you need to have creativity and knowledge of various DirectX libraries, how they can be used to make your work easier, then we come to actual art assets, ways of putting them into engine, optimization, quality control, compatibility. The higher amount of polygons and the higher quality of textures, the exponentially more times it takes to produce more art assets. And then there is such thing as collision, which becomes harder and harder to check for with more detailed 3D world.

It became impassable wall for many game developers. So they went on handhelds, mobile phone market or make retro-style games for PC. And even then they have to work in something horrible, like Unity, which is capable to put modern PCs on their knees in 2D environment.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2015-05-14 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    jim Sterling was right all along.
    Thank god for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    jim Sterling was right all along.
    Of course he was, he's Jim Motherfucking Sterling, son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If the mobile platform doesn't kick off they can always sell or the board can appoint a new CEO and go a new direction.
    That would be a boon for them. I'd rather Konami not fail but they're making it difficult for me to feel bad for them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we have any major game dev/publisher that havnt gone apeshit/mad/shit left, seems all hate PC gaming and overall gaming and their costumers? ;__;
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Do we have any major game dev/publisher that havnt gone apeshit/mad/shit left, seems all hate PC gaming and overall gaming and their costumers? ;__;
    PC Gaming is the future.

But seriously, I don't like that Konami is going this way. If there are any competant devs in Konami and are sincere, leave the company before it's too late.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Fremium games and mobile gaming is one of the worst things to happen to gaming period, To many studios going for that money grabbing dollar and alientating where they made thier money.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I want to know what cancerous lump on its CEOs brain makes him think mobile gaming is the future. Its a gimmick tied into cheap games made that people don't spend a lot of time or dedication to. I only play a mobile game when in the john, or stood at a bus stop. They have no depth, or story, no soul, is just a cheap hand held game like the stuff you'd get back in the 1980s to kill time for kids.

Why would anyone think they could keep a company relevant in making cheap shit like that? Even blizzard and its micro transactions of mounts, services and pets produces actual gaming content with lore and characters and in depth gameplay.

I'd never thought it come to a day when I could say the company that made some of my fav games of all time, is now worse then a company like blizzard and its small list of games.
    But it is the future and will only grow more and more as more people get access to mobile devices in developing countries and as mobile devices become more and more powerful. They're basically the equivalent of handhelds that can also do other things. And companies know this. Blizzard knows this by launching Hearthstone on mobile as well with huge success, the big companies know it, every major publisher having dedicated mobile divisions as well and games are cheaper to make, there is no hassle with distribution , anyone can self publish and the potential for revenue is huge.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip Konami, stop making shitty ass games and make what people want, they basically have pulled a Capcom and done their fans a disservice by doing this.