Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Have you ever seen a dead body?

Have you ever seen a dead body?

I ask this out of morbid curiosity

The only dead body i have ever seen was when my sister died in her room and im still haunted by the sight of her lying dead. It something i wish i could expunge out of my mind but i guess its better to talk about shit like this.

No, I can't say I ever have.

I mean, I'm assuming you mean specifically human, I've seen plenty of dead animal bodies.

And I cannot imagine the pain of seeing that type of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No, I can't say I ever have.

I mean, I'm assuming you mean specifically human, I've seen plenty of dead animal bodies.

And I cannot imagine the pain of seeing that type of sight.
    Yeah im talking about seeing a dead human being.

I must say its a utter surreal experience especially when its someone you care about

I've seen my best friend and my grandma dead.

I think most people have been to at least one funeral...

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    but the thing is most funerals especially in England where i grew up don't have the coffin open and its very rare for anyone to view the dead.

Its quite surprising that very few people actually get to see a real dead body/

Three grandparents, my father, and a complete stranger involved in a car accident. I also worked across the hall of a hospital morgue for two years.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    but the thing is most funeral especially in England where i grew up don't have the coffin open and its very rare for anyone to view the dead.
    When my grandfather died we had his body on display in one of the rooms for a day or so before the burial , everyone could see it, at his funeral the people who loved him most kissed his corpse on the mouth as a goodbye. Dead bodies are not such a big deal around here at funerals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Grandpa died just as we left his room in Hospice. Nothing like seeing someone you were talking to not even 5 minutes ago now drawing a blank stare, knowing you'll never hear them speak again.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    When my grandfather died we had his body on display in one of the rooms for a day or so before the burial , everyone could see it, at his funeral the people who loved him most kissed his corpse on the mouth as a goodbye. Dead bodies are not such a big deal around here at funerals.
    It really is a culture thing when it comes to the dead some cultures show the dead hell in mexico they dig up dead bodys and have parties with them but where i lived and grew up it was such taboo.

Not sure about England but most funerals around here are open casket unless it was an exceedingly gruesome death.

i've been to an open coffin funeral before and only caught glimpses of the corpse, thankfully.

i don't ever want to have to see one for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Doesn't mean it was an open casket funeral, I have been to both. I have seen my father in his casket, and my grandfather in his. I agree with the OP when they say seeing someone you care about dead being surreal. I think it's probably the most horrifying thing I've ever experienced. It was my husband and he passed away quite unexpectedly at the hospital while being kept for observation. I at first didn't want to see him.and I still kind of regret finally giving in and going into his room. I think though the nurses and doctors kind of pushed me (gently) into seeing him...for closure I'm sure....I was pretty much a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I arrived at the hospital after my mother had already passed. I will never forget the sight of seeing her on the table in that little room, her eyes half open.

She looked more alive in her casket than she did that evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I made them that way. Can't make the images go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

yeah at a friend of mine's funeral.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am an Iraq war vet. I was an Infantry soldier so basically my job was combat and if we weren't in actual fire fights, our job was to look for them. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies including a few of my really good friends. The reason I bring that up is because I dont' think I could ever get used to it. There is a supernatural emptiness to a dead body. Something that always unnerves me about it and I could never quite put my finger on why it wierds me out and I can't get used to it. I think you could put a normal live person standing with a dead body propped up in normal clothes, both with their backs to you and something inside you would say there was something different about the dead body, even though you didn't know it was dead.

Anyways, I'm still haunted by it. I have nightmares all the time about it. Life goes on and hoping that saying that "time heals all wounds" holds true. Gaming is the one thing that pulls me to a different world and lets me completely forget about it for a time.... as long as it's not a game like Call of Duty or something.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw my dad after he killed himself. Was 7 years old.

Saw my father in his casket at 8 years old. Worst thing I've ever experienced.

Quite a few, unfortunately. Worst was my step mother who had to be transferred home from hospice when I was younger, had to watch someone slowly die from starvation after her last cancer treatment wasn't successful (she chose to do this). I still don't forgive my father for making me go through that shit for over a month instead of sending me to a hotel/motel, watching someone mentally lose it, writhe around in a hospital bed in the middle of the living room shouting and blabbering incoherently, going delirious from not eating for 45 days until they finally died.

That said, she was a heinous person that made my childhood an absolute hell on earth, so at least I wasn't emotionally traumatized, still extremely disturbed, however after the whole ordeal. I went through severe anxiety for a month or so after.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics