Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A few, actually. I've had a couple friends who were morticians. It's not something that a lot of people think about, but it makes a serious difference to find someone who's really good at their job, if you're planning on having an open casket. We were lucky enough to not only know someone who is very professional, but also an old friend of the family.

Yes...and that's all I have to say about that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Saw the corpse of a man who drowned in the river in my hometown as they hauled his body out.

Yep my brother passed away suddenly in front of me. Pretty horrible experience, and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Yes. And I've watched someone die it isn't something I recommend or something I wish on anyone. Face still haunts me sometimes. Movies make it look peaceful, it isn't.

Deleted
    Yes, one day I was driving and saw an accident. I didn't saw the actual accident happen, but was driving passed it after the police and the medical staff were there and what I saw shocked me.

There was a car that hit a cyclist on the road and the cyclist died, his body was covered obviously, but when we passed it, the wind started blowing really heavily and it uncovered the body. The cyclist body looked so incredibly frail, all broken and bloody. Was actually a really shocking scene, it made me think how fragile a human body and our life really are.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2015-05-15 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yes...and that's all I have to say about that.
    Next thread topic's going to be "where are they buried?"

Open casket burials are not a thing, at least not in our family, but I've seen a couple still. An accident victim, whom we heard only afterwards was dead and a jumper from the building across from where I used to live. Both from a moderate distance though.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, at my grandmother's wake.

I remember one night I was having dinner with friends of the family. I decided to go home early while my parents stayed late into the night. It got around midnight and I was wondering where my parents were, they're never out this late. But before I got too worried, they came home. That night our friend's mother died while in my father's arms.

I can't even imagine what that's like.

And it was weird for me, because I was eating dinner with this sweet old lady just hours ago.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Next thread topic's going to be "where are they buried?"
    Normally yes. But not this one heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    Yeah im talking about seeing a dead human being.

I must say its a utter surreal experience especially when its someone you care about
    Especially the shock of not expecting it I'd imagine would hit hard

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I think most people have been to at least one funeral...
    Oh, this is true. Although I took it more as a "Recently dead body" not one that was giving all the treatment of whatever they do before burial. I went to my Grandma's funeral, and my girlfriend's Grandma's funeral.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched my father die last month. I'll never forget his eyes looking at me as we unplugged the life support. I know it was just his brainstem and not really him consiously looking at me, but that was one of the hardest moments of my life.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Yep seen a lot of dead bodies actually and gonna see a lot more. Seen my mom die then I was in an accident where 11 people died on the spot and now I am in med school so I do see a lot of corpses and will see more in future.

Oh I have seen one more a guy who hanged himself. It didn't look pretty.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee9170beb; 2015-05-15 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I watched my father die last month. I'll never forget his eyes looking at me as we unplugged the life support. I know it was just his brainstem and not really him consiously looking at me, but that was one of the hardest moments of my life.
    Dude, fuck. Bring it in bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a nurse, I've seen more dead bodies than most, I've held people's hand as they die, I've indirectly caused their death by turning off machines or giving certain palliative medicines.
    Only bodies of children have ever shocked me, others it didn't phase me for a second.

Deleted
    I've seen one, my dad owns property and some drug addict overdosed in the alley next to the flats, we were supposed to be helping move someone out, but we arrived to find many of the tenants crowded around outside with ambulance crew just arriving, I never really gave it much thought though, shit like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Especially the shock of not expecting it I'd imagine would hit hard
    It hit me like a ton of bricks and it still haunts me to this day and if i live to a million i will never erase the look of my sister dead face.

I know its morbid and i dont know why i brought it up but seeing a dead body is really an experience like non other to see someone you care about or even someone you dont know is some thing that is hard to describe.

Maybe because we in the west aint used to seeing death and when it appears it seems alien to us.

My mothers, about... 3 minutes after she was declared dead. It was surreal, and incredibly jarring.

10+ Year Old Account
    If recently deseased counts, then yes. It's...hard to imagine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Several, including from grandparents to completely random people in various circumstances. Most disturbing though was a baby, or fetus rather as it didn't finish developing by the time the mother gave birth. I wouldn't say it scarred me but it's definitely put some things into perspective.