Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCD1975 View Post
    "Accessibility means allowing players that have been playing for a long time to continue to enjoy the game, even if it is at a different level of commitment as their life changes. Many players started out as students and are now professionals with families."

This just about sums it up for me, and a few of my friends that have been playing WoW since BC. We just don't have the time anymore. I personally had to pull back once WoW starting feeling like a second job. No complaints from us regarding content.
    Lol, I started when I was 18 in vanilla, now I'm 28 and I have a kid go to school/work and I find the lack of content astounding. Garrisons is not really content, at all. Make us go back into the world, give us dynamic events, give us rep factions with useful/fun rewards. Give use new dungeons with every new tier release. Give use resources to gather in the world, be it gathering mats or valor points or coins. Give us real player housing, guild halls something cool we can customize. Give use reforging back, give us armor dyes... so much fun/cool stuff they could add.

this game went from having to spend way too much time to gather stuff, grind for stuff to having to do nothing and stand in a small part of the map, instanced and que up for stuff.

I recently made a post on the EU WoW forums regarding my concerns where WoW is heading and most people seem to agree so far. Please join the discussion at : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8453186?page=1

You know what else would make more incentive to run dungeons? Newer dungeons being added through the expansion to mix with "updated" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    _ Others mmorpg are doing housing ? Ok, lets do garrisons.
    _ Others mmorpg are doing dynamic events ? Ok, lets add random rare spawns à la Timeless Isle
    These 2 hurt so much, I had so much fun in Rift and GW2 with dynamic events. If done well, with proper resource/rep grinds/dailies/pvp, real dynamic events are the answer to open world content.

And housing... god damnit. LotRO, Wildstar... (other MMOs I havent played) did housing so well, is it really that complicated?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if Mythic could scale with the raid size, but the team isn't sure that level of tuning is possible.
    Please god yes.

Deleted
    TLDR: Bad things are not bad if they are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Its people like you that allow blizz to get away with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravok View Post
    Its people like you that allow blizz to get away with it all.
    Well STFU and unsubscribe then. It's not like you signed a blood pact to play the game.

Well STFU and unsubscribe then. It's not like you signed a blood pact to play the game.
    Nice straw man

Deleted
    "Changes have been made to trim excess and keep things focused, but there is still a very high skill cap."

This makes me want to fucking scream. I logged on my warlock to check out what it was like now and jesus fucking christ, my cat could play it nowadays at the "highest skill cap".

Quote Originally Posted by Kravok View Post
    Nice straw man
    Please refer back to my earlier comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    "My cat could play it nowadays at the "highest skill cap".
    I would love to see that. Maybe your cat should join method and carry you through Mythic BRF.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2015-05-15 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    Patch 6.2 is one of the largest content patches ever released, measured in unicorns.

- The loss in subscribers is partially due to the cyclical nature of the game.
    - Players don't play WoW year-round anymore, they just come back for new content and then go off to play other games. To some extent that is okay. The team doesn't want to prevent people from playing that way.

Yeahhhh... that's a good way to not take blame in releasing a bad expansion. GJ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worse reply they could have come up with. Nothing cyclical about it.

The convenience features added over the years have made the game slightly less social.
    Laughed uproariously at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    - The loss in subscribers is partially due to the cyclical nature of the game.
    - Players don't play WoW year-round anymore, they just come back for new content and then go off to play other games. To some extent that is okay. The team doesn't want to prevent people from playing that way.

Yeahhhh... that's a good way to not take blame in releasing a bad expansion. GJ!
    Nope, it's a good way of saying subscriber numbers are volatile and do not relate to game quality alone, which is true.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure, they know they fucked it up big time. Nonetheless, they cannot say it in a public interview "Oh right, we totally went bonkers with this expansion", obviously the PR hell that would follow would be a disaster.

No mention of pvp, *sad face*

Unless it was mentioned in the past, I must've missed it.

Can you please stop being such a laughing stock. It makes it hard to keep a straight face.

Deleted
    I would love to see that. Maybe your cat should join method and carry you through Mythic BRF.
    He probably could. If you think WoW requires some special ability or talent, you might want to step outside and re-evaluate things a bit. WoW has been, and always will be, a casual game at heart.

All raiding, even on the "highest level", merely requires time and some modicum of patience when you wipe so you people learn where to stand and when to use their abilities which are now laughably few. There is no magical "this requires extraordinary ability, skill or understanding".

It's hilarious watching people try to promote mythic raiding as some sort of 'high skill cap' activity when it's essentially repeating the same routine and merely learning the steps. I guess if you have no real talents in life, you have to try to patch it up in a game.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2015-05-15 at 10:41 AM.