Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I am thinking of coming back.

I just don't know if I should. I love wow as it has helped me through my chronic pain. That I can get pulled into a world, that always had something for me to work on.

I went from being a raid leader from the start all the way up to WOTLK. Had to take a break during cata because my rare disorder was acting up. Came back to MOP and enjoyed it, but I could never be a raid leader or do raiding again. I have to play at my own pace, and that means taking a break every now and again when the pain gets bad, and it happens way to often.

WOD hit, and I felt like the game was pushing me to the side. The heavier focus on raiding, and the even more gated crafting/game play elements. Made logging on feel empty.

I want to play wow, I took a lot of pride testing from friends and family alpha, Burning and wrath. So it holds a place in my heart, but wod feels like it is a mmo not for me.

WoD is a horrible piece of the WoW-history. I would suggest coming back when the next xpac hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping, if I gave it time..a few updates it would get better. As they stated the goal is to come out with quicker updates and better quality of them.

*sighs* oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    WoD is a horrible piece of the WoW-history. I would suggest coming back when the next xpac hits.
    This.

At this moment of time, people hate blizz due to their money grabbing techniques. Subs going down, less content produced + in store mounts with a trailers
    but no 6.1 content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqqjV3VzhI look at the dislike bar. Nearly 7k and likes 1k, pretty much shows you what people think in the comments + subs going down is a big indication that WoW is getting more and more boring. I thought it would be nostalgic to return to WoW, since I love demon theme expansions, but I guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by mmocd24d82ccf4; 2015-05-15 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I should not take it so personal, but it hurts a little..that all that testing, time love, feedback that we testers gave them. For them to turn wow into this.

Bleh, I got to find a mmo to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Man I should not take it so personal, but it hurts a little..that all that testing, time love, feedback that we testers gave them. For them to turn wow into this.

Bleh, I got to find a mmo to play.
    Try Final Fantasy 14 Online. There is a 14 day trial, downloading it now, seems pretty good with 4mil players playing. I guess half of them are ex-wow players.

I'd say it's best to wait until, at least, 6.2 hits.
    If you found yourself bored of the game, you'll probably quickly get that feeling back once you re-subscribe with the current content.

Once the new patch arrives (and maybe waiting a bit for some player feedback), regardless of quality of the content of said patch, you should have some new activities to participate in. That should help satisfy the need to play - even if only subscribed for a month or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'd say it's best to wait until, at least, 6.2 hits.
    If you found yourself bored of the game, you'll probably quickly get that feeling back once you re-subscribe with the current content.

Once the new patch arrives (and maybe waiting a bit for some player feedback), regardless of quality of the content of said patch, you should have some new activities to participate in. That should help satisfy the need to play - even if only subscribed for a month or so.
    I tried 6.2 and I hate giving you the bad feedback, but tannan gets boring within 20min. Nothing is new. I also hate the fact that this area meant to be a leveling area before the idea got changed. The raid looks promising (for me) atleast, because I love burning legion lore, that is it. 3 of my guildies got banned for botting and 17 of my irl friends un-subbed. Blizzard ruined our mythic raiding guild, and we ain't coming back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    Try Final Fantasy 14 Online. There is a 14 day trial, downloading it now, seems pretty good with 4mil players playing. I guess half of them are ex-wow players.
    The 4M number is for "accounts created" not for people playing. I'd guess the amount of people playing is somewhere around 500k or so.
    Also, it's quite bad.

For the OP - if you play casually, then return whenever, if you have lot of time on your hands - then wait until 6.2 hits, that'll be in a month or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that's how you play now, I think you'll have plenty to do in WoD, so no reason not to try it and decide for yourself.

I play very little, and and got nothing bad to say about the WoD content for that very reason. I can't keep up with the pace that content are released, so I can still enjoy the game the few times I am on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what…

For someone like yourself, Draenor might not be quite so terrible. If you need a really slow pace due to illness, you might find that the content in this expansion suits your time. Yes, it’s raid or die from a character development point of view; but the achievement system is potentially your friend.

A lot of this, of course, is dependent on your garrison and what buildings you take. For example, there’s “content” if you take the stables or barn and that’s also true for the inn. The daily apexis areas unlock the garrison invasions which stack up if you’re not feeling up to them on a given day. Treasures aren’t repeatable, but they are available and there’s quite a lot of questing content. I also tend to think that finding all the followers is more fun than sending them on missions, but that’s a personal thing.

It’s true that Warlords of Draenor is Blizzard’s most embarrassing creation – not just for Warcraft, but for any of their franchises. But if you need a slower pace, and are happy working through your achievement panes, you might not find it quite so bad.

Just avoid Ashran. It’s absolutely terrible.

I just don't know if I should. I love wow as it has helped me through my chronic pain. That I can get pulled into a world, that always had something for me to work on.

I went from being a raid leader from the start all the way up to WOTLK. Had to take a break during cata because my rare disorder was acting up. Came back to MOP and enjoyed it, but I could never be a raid leader or do raiding again. I have to play at my own pace, and that means taking a break every now and again when the pain gets bad, and it happens way to often.

WOD hit, and I felt like the game was pushing me to the side. The heavier focus on raiding, and the even more gated crafting/game play elements. Made logging on feel empty.

I want to play wow, I took a lot of pride testing from friends and family alpha, Burning and wrath. So it holds a place in my heart, but wod feels like it is a mmo not for me.
    You should ignore people, look into those week trial type things,try the game for yourself and decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords is not a terrible expansion for the occasional player, someone who plays maybe three or four days a week for an hour or so. I agree that you should get a trial week if and when you can and give it a chance.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If you want to have fun in the "good ol' times" then go play on a private server. There are some good ones online and it's really fun to play the game in its former state when you get bored by WoD.

Else, as above mentioned, go for FF 14 or maybe GW2. Both are pretty good and have lots of content and stuff to do outside of just raid and logging of
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

I think you'll have plenty to do in WoD, so no reason not to try it and decide for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    The 4M number is for "accounts created" not for people playing. I'd guess the amount of people playing is somewhere around 500k or so.
    Also, it's quite bad.

For the OP - if you play casually, then return whenever, if you have lot of time on your hands - then wait until 6.2 hits, that'll be in a month or so.
    Really?. WoD is casual friendly? I don't think so. I would say, "don't return at all" For the past few months, its just raiding and garrisons. Face facts.

Not going to criticize FF14 at the moment, since I am downloading it now. oh 1.0 was bad, 2.0 improved everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might try it. I know this is going to sound strange, but 15 dollars is a lot to me..medical bills take a toil.

As far as achievements and such..that is what I did before. I spent most of my time farming mats, and crafting. Since I am a hardcore player (aka play long hours. I can't really leave my house.). I tend to spend tons of time playing games. It is what keeps me sane.

I might give it a shot with the next patch. If worse comes to worse, I can just go back to the old land, and farm/craft stuff for money. I don't know yet. Thanks all for the advice.

Deleted
    I might try it. I know this is going to sound strange, but 15 dollars is a lot to me..medical bills take a toil.

As far as achievements and such..that is what I did before. I spent most of my time farming mats, and crafting. Since I am a hardcore player (aka play long hours. I can't really leave my house.). I tend to spend tons of time playing games. It is what keeps me sane.

I might give it a shot with the next patch. If worse comes to worse, I can just go back to the old land, and farm/craft stuff for money. I don't know yet. Thanks all for the advice.
    If you are having money problems, then wait for 6.2 and ask blizzard to give you 48 hours game time to try the game. I contacted them and they offered me some game time to try out WoD, so do it for 6.2, if you don't like it, then quit

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I recommend waiting at least 2 months after the next expansion. All that would happen otherwise is you risk subbing up and paying for another horrid expansion.

-Do not preorder
    -Wait till the game is released
    -Follow streamers and keep up

Then decide if it's worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    At this moment of time, people hate blizz due to their money grabbing techniques.
    You mean a very few, vocal idiots spew shit on forums about "money grabbing techniques". The rest just don't give a fuck about that as all of that is completely optional and does not affect anyone who chooses to stay away.
    Right?

And yeah, WoD isn't a good expansion, but feel free to come back, if you can join an active raid group, it's still fun.