Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ? As in the game is easy? That's just a design flaw for those who don't like easy games. Tutorial for the game stops early Act I.
    No as in the game will literally not let you go anywhere but where your supposed to go, there is no real free exploring. I know diablo 2 didnt have alot but at least it didnt keep you on a strict narrow path.

Just make tutorials optional. Bam, problem solved. Best of both worlds.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    "This button attacks"
    "This button makes you climb"
    "Good Luck"
    *Drops a Demon Boss on your head*
    I never got past that f'ing demon... BUT I BEAT THE WATER LEVEL IN TMNT NES!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No as in the game will literally not let you go anywhere but where your supposed to go, there is no real free exploring. I know diablo 2 didnt have alot but at least it didnt keep you on a strict narrow path.
    What do you think diablo 3 is? An open world sandbox?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    What do you think diablo 3 is? An open world sandbox?
    A Far cry from what diablo 2 was. and the death of the franchise. Thats what i think it was.

Maybe a happy medium between old school Everquest questing and Wow questing. IMO EQ was too vague. I'm not saying it should show up on your map. I'd settle for the npc at least giving good directions as to where you should go, and a clear description of what they want.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2015-05-16 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Maybe a happy medium between old school Everquest questing and Wow questing. IMO EQ was too vague. I'm not saying it should show up on your map. I'd settle for the npc at least giving good directions as to where you should go, and a clear description of what they want.
    So WoW questing prior to visual aides?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Any tutorial at all is too much.

Deleted
    Any tutorial is too much!!

Deleted
    Any tutorial is too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Skyrim has a tutorial?
    Yes, it introduced jumping, crouching, 1 enemy, alchemy, magic all early on in the first questline. It didn't tell you exactly what button to press but they put it in the quest chain so you would discover for yourself in small steps what you can or can't do...including different combat styles as shields, stealth and magic.

Did you even play the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    A Far cry from what diablo 2 was. and the death of the franchise. Thats what i think it was.
    Amen. My biggest issue though is that they ditched the Diablo style for the WoW style. The high heavens look like Elf architecure. Gear looks like it got copy-pasted straight from WoW. The WD could EASILY been the necromancer. Only now he looks sillier and has these troll aesthetics. The butcher reminds me more of a demonic Abom than from D1 Butcher. The corrupted cultists in Act2 literally have undead warlock cast animation from WoW. The colors and setting are just way too bright. And the Diablo design...

Unskippable tutorials are too much. Background-tutorials (i.e. tutorials that don't prevent you from playing the game normally) are fine, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    "This button attacks"
    "This button makes you climb"
    "Good Luck"
    *Drops a Demon Boss on your head*
    best way to learn a game tbh
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Far Cry Blood Dragon had the only tutorial section I enjoyed.

"Walk to walk"

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Amen. My biggest issue though is that they ditched the Diablo style for the WoW style. The high heavens look like Elf architecure. Gear looks like it got copy-pasted straight from WoW. The WD could EASILY been the necromancer. Only now he looks sillier and has these troll aesthetics. The butcher reminds me more of a demonic Abom than from D1 Butcher. The corrupted cultists in Act2 literally have undead warlock cast animation from WoW. The colors and setting are just way too bright. And the Diablo design...
    Whlie I wasn't fan of D3 at all (I was rather "hater"), you really have all the wrong reasons to say it is WoW-like.

Architecture is different. Gear system is entirely different. WD isn't really Necromancer just like Monk isn't really Paladin (though I wish we'd rather have "classic" classes). Cast animations can have only so much variations before it starts looking unhuman. Colors and settings aren't "bright", you don't see world around as 1-color palette? And D2's Arcane Sanctuary and Flayers' Jungle didn't really have much lack of brightness. Diablo design in D3 lacks rather from storyline point of view, but people don't play Diablo for story.

D3 has too much unneeded hate in places where it doesn't really deserve.

Hand-holding in Diablo 3 is currently presented in the form of level-scaling. For how much I could deal with its online-only DRM, level-scaling was just the end of D3 for me.

Worst ever hand-holding feature, which defeats the point of whole genres.

The overall art style and direction of Diablo 3 is vastly different from the 2 original games so it's quite well to criticize it based on those merits.

Yeah, I think it's a bit too much when the characters hold each other by the hand. Like Mario and Peach. Outrageous.

I think the paragon system in D3 is a prime example of too much handholding. You are forced to take defensive points, not just that, the catagories cap out very fast so anyone who puts in a 100 hours or so in the game is gonna be left with very little choice. AR is favored for alot of classes, % life is okay, %armor is pretty poor depending on the class, life per second... let's not go there. Even if you take the bad points, it's not that punishing.

I like how the initial learning curve is pretty low, rather then being thrown into the game (like you kinda are in PoE). But for "end game", paragon is pretty lackluster.

I guess Blizzard in general is know for "handholding", I just think paragon is way over the top.

Deleted
    Personally I think Telltale's walking dead season 1 had just the right amount of hand holding between Clementine and Lee.