Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you don't mind spending $300 on a case I would recommend the Cooler Master Cosmos 2. It's a beast of a case, you could fit almost anything you wanted in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    Thanks! Especially as you're taking time on your job to answer! Have a great Sunday!
    The enthoo pro is cheaper and comes with 2 fans, 1 x 200mm and 1 x 140 mm fan at the rear and is already set up in a positive air pressure config so its all done for you, it also can pretty much fit anything you want into it.

If you wanted sheer airflow then silverstone raven series cases might be up your alley, but the enthoo pro comes with everything you pretty much need and want, gotta be honest, unless you really want the look of the 750 D, theres actually no point going for it.

check every review site, they honestly can not recommend anything over it unless you want a silverstone or caselabs case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    The enthoo pro is cheaper and comes with 2 fans, 1 x 200mm and 1 x 140 mm fan at the rear and is already set up in a positive air pressure config so its all done for you, it also can pretty much fit anything you want into it.

If you wanted sheer airflow then silverstone raven series cases might be up your alley, but the enthoo pro comes with everything you pretty much need and want, gotta be honest, unless you really want the look of the 750 D, theres actually no point going for it.

check every review site, they honestly can not recommend anything over it unless you want a silverstone or caselabs case.
    you're acting like air flow is some complicated magical wizard that no one knows how to configure. Airflow is pretty hard to actually mess up. No case is going to show actual temperature increases or decreases if you just set up fans correctly. And the 750D comes with THREE fans, and you're boasting about 2 on the Enthoo? lol?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-024-_-Product

Rated 9.6 out of 10 Editors choice, 244 4/5 egg reviews on Newegg. Yeah..definitely IS a reason to get the 750D.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I've got this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139022 ) waiting for me to move my parts over, I still prefer my older case but its from 2003 and showing its age badly.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Thanks for the Enthoo Luxe recommendation guys. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the purchase.

Any last word? Any other recommendation, just in case?
    I would give the Enthoo pro vs the Luxe more thought. Luxe cost more and the only real gain is LED's which you said you dont like.

The luxe has one more SSD mount behind the Motherboard tray sure but you still have room for SSD's in the 3.5 bays(they are 2.5 compatible). Heck before cases had SSD mounts people just put them anywhere they could with double sided tape. You dont have to place an SSD in a dedicated SSD mount :P

Both cases have nearly the same AIO cooler compatibility. The only difference I could find is the pro has a preinstalled dust filter in the roof that prevents adding a second set of fans for push/pull without removing the filter. You can still do push/pull you just have to remove the filter to be able to mount the fans above the case. From the video Notarget linked you can see modding the pro (and I'm assuming Luxe as well) is easy they used screws instead of rivets on many points throughout the case. Getting that dust filter out should be painless.

The price difference isnt much but to me the only meaningful difference is the LED's. Its literally the same frame. Pro also has a non-windowed version if you can find it. Here in the US it cost $90 which is less than the windowed version. If the computer is going to be tucked away no reason to spend more than you have to.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Thermaltake Core X9

19.8in H x 15in W x 25.2 D

Form: E-ATX. Its BIG lol

MB lays flat, holds up to 9 (i think) hdd/ssd, plenty of room for watercooling, and stackable if you want to go ape shit
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133275

First pic: All those fans are NOT included. Only 2 fans are included: one front, one back. Neither of which glow

Second pic: The top and bottom panels can come off and the IO panel on the side can be switched to the opposite side as well.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2015-05-18 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    you're acting like air flow is some complicated magical wizard that no one knows how to configure. Airflow is pretty hard to actually mess up. No case is going to show actual temperature increases or decreases if you just set up fans correctly. And the 750D comes with THREE fans, and you're boasting about 2 on the Enthoo? lol?

Rated 9.6 out of 10 Editors choice, 244 4/5 egg reviews on Newegg. Yeah..definitely IS a reason to get the 750D.
    Not sure why you're pointing out 3 fans when at the price of $150 as opposed to a just as good case at $100. You can get a very good noctua fan for $20 and still be cheaper than that.
    What part of it functionally does it have over the Enthoo Pro?

I personally prefer the R5 but that's not a full case and is designed for quieter builds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    I would give the Enthoo pro vs the Luxe more thought. Luxe cost more and the only real gain is LED's which you said you dont like.
    There are more differences and the chassis isn't the same, really. The Luxe has more space on top. It's seen clearly in the Linus Tech Tip unboxing review. There are other differences but I forgot which. Anyway, I understood it as: it's worth the $50 more. And I don't even like the LEDs to be honest

The Luxe, as I recall, has one 200mm and two 140mm (top and rear) included. I intended to put the 280mm radiator on top as intake and move the 140mm at the bottom to increase the airflow (and still be pressure positive). Finally, I'm going with the 750D: the internal organization just fits me better. I'll keep just one HDD tray and put my SSDs in the 2.5" sleds. I'll put a 120mm fan and dust filter in place of the second HDD tray (as half of the bottom doesn't come with a dust filter unfortunately) and be golden. It has two 140mm in the front and one 140mm in the rear.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm not going for a cube or anything like it, I really want a full tower as my setup will grow in the future. I'll want a SLI at some point, and maybe go the custom watercooling way.

You've been a great help!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice pick. The 750D is a great case for custom water loops. I know at least 10 people who own the case who have custom loops in it. It's a great case.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

There are more differences and the chassis isn't the same, really. The Luxe has more space on top. It's seen clearly in the Linus Tech Tip unboxing review.
    In this vid here you can see the added space on top is just the plastic top panel. I would bet money that the metal frame of both cases are identical and made in the same place. This is a common practice with case makers. Same frame with different plastic bits added on = entirely new case to sell. If you want push/pull on the rads Luxe is the way to go.

750D is nice though hope all works out for you ! Post pics here when you get it all together
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    In this vid here you can see the added space on top is just the plastic top panel. I would bet money that the metal frame of both cases are identical and made in the same place. This is a common practice with case makers. Same frame with different plastic bits added on = entirely new case to sell. If you want push/pull on the rads Luxe is the way to go.

750D is nice though hope all works out for you ! Post pics here when you get it all together
    Thanks! I will. I intend to do before/after pics as well

You could always have a look at the NZXT PHantom:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146067

I got that case earlier this year and adore the thing. Fans all over, lots of space and capable of dual-radiator setups for watercooling (though I haven't tried it out doing that yet)

It's got a good bit of HDD space as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

Well where is your evidence its hard to mess up, by the way raven/fortress cases have its airflow with natural convection however you did ignore that so by design they actually do have the best airflow of any case.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-rv03-review/3

Just a quick question though, care to explain the positives to having positive air pressure in a system?

Should let you know those 3 fans are terrible noisy fans that are supplied with that case, I own those fans as well and they are terrible, the phanteks is not anymore special but running 1 200 mm fan over 2 x 140 mm fans is more quieter option and still retain that lovely positive pressure.

If I ever bought a corsair case that came with those fans, I would actually instantly replace them with noctua instantly and would recommend every one to do the same.

I would rather give someone advice on a better priced product ( my case at the time cost more then both of these cases by the way :P), its important to give advice based on feature set to price, if someone really wants aesthetics then be prepared to pay up for it.

Deleted
    Well where is your evidence its hard to mess up, by the way raven/fortress cases have its airflow with natural convection however you did ignore that so by design they actually do have the best airflow of any case.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-rv03-review/3

Just a quick question though, care to explain the positives to having positive air pressure in a system?

Should let you know those 3 fans are terrible noisy fans that are supplied with that case, I own those fans as well and they are terrible, the phanteks is not anymore special but running 1 200 mm fan over 2 x 140 mm fans is more quieter option and still retain that lovely positive pressure.

If I ever bought a corsair case that came with those fans, I would actually instantly replace them with noctua instantly and would recommend every one to do the same.

I would rather give someone advice on a better priced product ( my case at the time cost more then both of these cases by the way :P), its important to give advice based on feature set to price, if someone really wants aesthetics then be prepared to pay up for it.
    Thanks, I intend to switch the fans to some Noctua ones at one point. Once I'm fed up with the noise I guess

As for the Silverstone, I find it not at all pleasing to look at. Not a huge deal but I'd hurt me thinking I bought something I dislike the look of. Anyway, that's not really a rational argument. But it counts.

...and I've made the purchase already. I'll try and make the best of it, and it surely means changing its fans.

PS: as for the benefits of positive pressure versus negative, in the former case it doesn't get dust or very little whereas in the latter case dust tends to try to go inside much more (not a real problem with good filters, it just mean you'll have to clean them up sooner). Not a real difference though. But there's no downside to making a pressure positive airflow, so...
    Last edited by mmocfafbb943a7; 2015-05-18 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, I intend to switch the fans to some Noctua ones at one point. Once I'm fed up with the noise I guess

As for the Silverstone, I find it not all pleasing to look at. Not a huge deal but I'd hurt me thinking I bought something I dislike the look of. Anyway, that's not really a rational argument. But it counts.

...and I've made the purchase already. I'll try and make the best of it, and it surely means changing its fans.

PS: as for the benefits of positive pressure versus negative, in the former case it doesn't get dust or very little whereas in the latter case dust tends to try to go inside much more (not a real problem with good filters, it just mean you'll have to clean them up sooner). Not a real difference though. But there's no downside to making a pressure positive airflow, so...
    Owned a number of fans over the years and all just become problematic except my noctua ones that are still kicking about.

Silverstone raven cases are an aquired taste, the fortress series might be more to your liking on aesthetics however they are pretty pricey.

Hope you enjoy the 750D, its by no means a bad case but in the current market hard to recommend when considering price points, most cases will do the job these days, its what you get for your money and be happy with it.

Though the question for positive pressure was not for you :P, however negative pressure can draw in dust from any non filtered gaps or openings and every case has those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytip View Post
    I have the Enthoo Luxe. I like it.

Pros

-It is designed around water cooling (means it can fit most things).
    -It has a window.
    -Fits my 970, which is a 310 mm card.
    -It is around $150 US.
    -The cable management is quite good, it has velcro strips at the back.
    -It has a spot for a reservoir.
    -The silicone thingies that are used in the holes for routing cables feel solid.
    -Three dust filters. Two at the bottom, one in the front.
    -Comes with a fan hub.
    -If you see the image, the case is elevated from the floor, which makes it less likely that the PSU will choke.
    -No front door, which makes easy access to USB ports and CD drives.

Cons

-It has a PSU shroud that screws in. But if your 8 pin CPU connector cable is short, you might have to put it through the top of the PSU shroud, which makes it so you can't screw the shroud back on.
    -It can get quite loud because there is no noise insulation - but might not be a problem if water cooling.
    -Cleaning the front dust filter is difficult because you have to remove the entire panel that covers the front.
    -There is a plate at the front (see image) underneath which air comes through but the plate is not easily removable for improved airflow. If removed it leaves the four screw holes that just kind of stay there.
    -If fans are connected to the hub the RPM speeds cannot be monitored through BIOS (though this might not be a limitation with the case itself).
    -And, there are LED lights that cover the entire case on the outside but they can be switched off.
    Thank you so much for introducing this case to me! I have been looking for a case with purple lights for months!!! I just ordered it. <3

Deleted
    Hope you enjoy the 750D, its by no means a bad case but in the current market hard to recommend when considering price points, most cases will do the job these days, its what you get for your money and be happy with it.
    I wish there was a less obnoxious way of thanking people for their answers, but hey there aren't, so... thanks!

Might turn out to be a useful resource here to continue recommending cases as the official sticky has stopped doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

I've received all the goodies and I'll be doing the swap tonight.

However, I have one (silly) question: does the order of the drives in the SATA connectors matter? Do I have to worry and put them back in the same order, or will the BIOS and Windows understand the changes without whining?

I'd suppose so, but I'm never quite sure and sometimes I think things must be intelligent where they are not :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as you put the correct boot order in the BIOS it doesn't matter.

Are you using a new MoBo? If yes you need to do a fresh install of Windows. It gets finicky if it doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So long as you put the correct boot order in the BIOS it doesn't matter.

Are you using a new MoBo? If yes you need to do a fresh install of Windows. It gets finicky if it doesn't.
    Thanks a lot! Same motherboard so it booted just fine. I added more RAM so somehow my overclock settings are lost but with the new watercooler I need to start afresh anyway.

Thank you very, very much guys! I've switched my computer to the new case. I'll be posting pictures shortly. It has taken a long time (3 hours) as I'd prefer not to make any mistakes and I really wanted to nail the cable management. I'm very pleased with it.

As for watercooling, it's pretty insane: idle, the CPU runs at below room temperature. I actually feel cold air on my feet :P

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pics, as promised! First, the old case with all the cables running wild. Second, the new case and the cable management on the back. And finally, the case fully stuffed.

(Imgur album)

I'm very pleased with myself and the new build. Next step: a HX760i which will allow me to install a second 980 in SLI. Thanks again everyone!