Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Sentenced to Death

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/15/bo...nced-to-death/

Local news source, but yeah

e: I'll add my opinion. I wanted him to get life in prison instead
    Last edited by Jaxunn; 2015-05-15 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Not good, death will make him a martyr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Not good, death will make him a martyr.
    not to mention it's more costly to taxpayers as well

oh well, gotta sate the bloodlust of the ignorant masses

Although Massachusetts does not carry the DP, he has been convicted under federal level which does carry the DP. Something like 62% are against DP while 27% are infavor.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/24/us...oll-shows.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxunn View Post
    not to mention it's more costly to taxpayers as well

oh well, gotta sate the bloodlust of the ignorant masses
    why not just put a bullet between his eyes and be done with it now that he's been sentenced to death?

That's a mistake, should let him rot in prison instead.

Wouldn't surprise me to see reprisal for his death in the coming years. They just fuel the cycle by killing him.

Just posted this after a quick search didn't show anything.

I suspected he would get life, not the death sentence. Can't say I'm shocked though, he planned to (and did) terrorise the U.S. and so their justice system has determined this punishment fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    why not just put a bullet between his eyes and be done with it now that he's been sentenced to death?
    Yes, let's throw out all of our laws and procedures just so you can have your vengeance! Fucking brilliant idea there, lad!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

This is dumb as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never in favor of the death penalty. No benefit to it. Let him suffer for life, not end it instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Liberals are upset
    Naturally, this discussion turns to political viewpoints. This never ceases to amuse and annoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Death is what he wanted. These type people are happy to give their lives for what they believe in. Life in prison is what he deserved - a lifetime of suffering.
    True, i assume he also wanted his death to be on the news so why not just pull him into the closet of the prison and blow his brains out and let him fade away.

Liberals are upset
    Anyone with a brain is upset over making a martyr for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Death is what he wanted. These type people are happy to give their lives for what they believe in. Life in prison is what he deserved - a lifetime of suffering.
    I doubt he would really want death if he had a guilty plea for life imprisonment which the justice department rejected.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Liberals are upset
    How did this even cross your mind as a bi partisan issue...

Liberals are upset
    We are largely indifferent, pretty much both cons and libs agree he should be removed from society indefinitely.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just means now these people and families have to continue to not have full closure, because he will have lawyers appealing his case all the way up the chain. If it had been life without parole they would have never add to deal with him ever again.

Richard’s family is against the death penalty, saying that sentencing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death “could bring years of appeals and prolong reliving the most painful day of our lives.”

This family knows what the ordeal is going to be like for them going forward. Putting someone to death just takes far to long in this country, but that is also a good thing, because some have simply been wrong convicted in the past and were later released after many years in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the State of Massachusetts: Hold a state lottery allowing the winner to throw the switch. Also, show the execution on Pay Per View TV. You will instantly wipe away ANY AND ALL state debt.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Because americans need to delude themselves to the idea of something like a civilized death penalty while it shows clearly just how primitive even the self-proclaimed leaders of the western world are, that's why. I condemn what he's done, I really do, but the death penalty is never right.

Deleted
    lol if vengeance is what you want then the death penalty is the wrong choice. a lifetime in a supermax prison is far worse than dying.