Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    That's subjective. I disagree with it in most cases, but in a case such as this, I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about him being executed. His kind of evil does not need to pollute this planet anymore. Not even locked away.
    Not even locked away 23 hours in isolation and 1 hour out of the cell per day for somewhere around 60 years?

it does the exact same thing...without murder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because americans need to delude themselves to the idea of something like a civilized death penalty while it shows clearly just how primitive even the self-proclaimed leaders of the western world are, that's why. I condemn what he's done, I really do, but the death penalty is never right.
    We had a conversation about this topic at work today. I was shocked at the level of blood list people felt. I suppose I shouldn't be but these were people who were good kind folks who wanted another put to death and were passionate about it.

I always thought that if we were gonna be serious about the death penalty we should the citizenry perform it like jury duty. If you're in favor of it you should have to look that person you're about to kill in the eye before you hit the switch.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2015-05-16 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    We had a conversation about this topic at work today. I was shocked at the level of blood list people felt. I suppose I shouldn't be but these were people who were good kind folks who wanted another put to death and were passionate about it.

I always thought that if we were gonna be serious about the death penalty we should the citizenry perform it like jury duty. If you're in favor of it you should have to look that person you're about to kill in the eye before you hit the switch.
    You shouldn't really be surprised. Very large numbers of people have been killed with the tacit approval of the people in the US and its allies, often for very dubious reasons.

I agree with your jury execution idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I wonder how you would feel if he killed someone close to you.
    I love this statement because it is a simultaneously intellectually bankrupt statement and it also includes the implication that the person making it has no idea how they themselves would feel if someone close to them had been affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

he got his just deserts.
    move along folks.

He should get a second chance, he was obviously indoctrinated as a child , he was just 17 when he commited the attack, punish his parents and his older brother who influenced him

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    He should get a second chance, he was obviously indoctrinated as a child , he was just 17 when he commited the attack, punish his parents and his older brother who influenced him
    He was 19, so anytime someone does something bad because they are influnced, then they should get a pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The guys family are saying they "will fight until the end" to prove him not guilty and clear their name.

Delusional idiots.
    Heh, I heard his brother died on the way to the orphanage to deliver canned goods when vicious marathon runners.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    The mother in the past has claimed her son was set up, and she wants an all out jihad against America. At least we were accomodating enough to let her watch in person that her son will be executed.
    Take that psycho too then.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

I'd do that to this guy with a smirk!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxunn View Post
    Not even locked away 23 hours in isolation and 1 hour out of the cell per day for somewhere around 60 years?

it does the exact same thing...without murder
    We have different definitions of the word "murder" as well. And I'd still prefer him gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).