10+ Year Old Account

Is Guild Wars 1 still online?

I've given my account away to a friend many, many years ago. I saw it on Steam again today and was wondering if I can still play it online? Would like to play through it again on a slow, relaxed pace as I've grown a bit tired of GW2.

Thanks.

Yes; it's still up and running.

Yes, it is. You can also get achievement points, titles and unique gear for GW2 by doing GW1 stuff.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yes; it's still up and running.
    Alright, thanks . Gonna give it a shot again.

Deleted
    Still online & folk running about, although nothing like earlier years of course.
    Guild Wars Reddit is still populated too if needing info.

Factions is a bit of a ghost town. I guess most people have moved on to Nightfall/Eye of the North at this point.

Guild wars 1 is it's own game. It won't be getting new updates but it'll never shut down.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be rude, but this is a yes or no question. Easily googleable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not to be rude, but this is a yes or no question. Easily googleable.
    except you are being rude. the whole point of a forum is to ask questions and post related threads. no one is forcing you to answer the question.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except you are being rude. the whole point of a forum is to ask questions and post related threads. no one is forcing you to answer the question.
    If he/she had said, "Is Guild Wars 1 still online and is it still active? How should I hop back in?" That would be a thread. Notice how all of the posts before mine are basically different ways of saying, "Yes it is still online."? If everyone asked questions they had that could easily be googled the forums would be swamped.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he/she had said, "Is Guild Wars 1 still online and is it still active? How should I hop back in?" That would be a thread. Notice how all of the posts before mine are basically different ways of saying, "Yes it is still online."? If everyone asked questions they had that could easily be googled the forums would be swamped.
    Then don't waste your time and click the thread.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Then don't waste your time and click the thread.
    Meh whatever.

In case you hadn't noticed... these forums are swamped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked it was, but Lions Arch was a ghost town. Or uh... A ghost city...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Last time I checked it was, but Lions Arch was a ghost town. Or uh... A ghost city...
    Kamadan has been the default gathering place ever since Nightfall came out.