Deleted

1800$ to spend, any thoughts?

First of all I live in Sweden so that's the reason why it's 1800 and not 2000 USD(15000 SEK), secondly - that's why my cart only costs 1200~ (a bit more expensive here I guess), that cart actually costs around 1800 here.

That being said, I'd like some help to put together a cart that costs 1800$, I'll just have to see if I can't find the parts somewhere out of my border ^^ Or maybe I'll have to lower to roof to 1200 to see what you guys can think of.

PCP link: /p/Dz2Ccf

EDIT: Optical drive and SATA HDD'S will be recycled, and I'm probably gonna go for another 970 to run in SLI in the near future.

So how does my cart look? I'm looking to do -some- OC on the processor, and a bit video editing - hence the 16 Gb RAM.

I'm gonna play all sorts of games on it, but it's mostly gonna be CS:GO and Guild Wars 2. I realise this rig is a bit overpowered for GO but when I play GW2, I play World v World. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a battlefield where up to 3 blobs of nearly 100 players each can merge. More often than not I'm at least looking to play with 50-100 people.

I want GW2 to run at at least 60+ whenever I'm not in WvW, and i guess you can never account for those drops but do you think I can maintain 60 fps even with that much stuff going on?

Feel free to make a cart of your own and prove how bad I am at putting pc's together ^^

Yours, Marckan!
    Last edited by mmoca7cd1f8efc; 2015-05-16 at 03:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that build will maintain 60 fps AT ALL TIMES on Ultra, but definitely most of the time. Only in certain situations will you drop into the 50s. Like during a mythic raid or a massive WvW battle.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't think that build will maintain 60 fps AT ALL TIMES on Ultra, but definitely most of the time. Only in certain situations will you drop into the 50s. Like during a mythic raid or a massive WvW battle.
    Sounds like what I'm aiming for, but what if I add another 970 into SLI?

15+ Year Old Account
    Going SLI has some issues with it that you need to be aware of. Some games don't support SLI flat out, making it pointless in those situations. Some games support it, but suffer weird issues with it (FPS stuttering, etc).

This isn't all games, again. Just a few. Most will work fine. But adding in another 970 would make it pretty great. But again, MMO's are CPU dependent, not GPU, so I don't know what sort of gain you'd get.

Deleted
    Going SLI has some issues with it that you need to be aware of. Some games don't support SLI flat out, making it pointless in those situations. Some games support it, but suffer weird issues with it (FPS stuttering, etc).

This isn't all games, again. Just a few. Most will work fine. But adding in another 970 would make it pretty great. But again, MMO's are CPU dependent, not GPU, so I don't know what sort of gain you'd get.
    Yeah I know SLI isn't just bringing cons to the table, but I think it's worth it. Yeah, but what more can I do on the CPU side of things?

15+ Year Old Account
    For gaming? Nothing at all. You could actually scale back to a 4690K, and get just about the same performance and save some money.

Deleted
    Can't remember the cards they had, but my friend and his brother ran games on almost the same fps. My friend had an i7 and his brother an i5, but his brother had a MUCH better graphics card than him. And thanks to that i7 he could keep up with him, so I think I'm not gonna go cheap on that side of things. But maybe I'm wrong o_O

But are there any components that don't work good together in my build? And should I maybe opt for Corsair for my watercooling?

Thanks for the input btw

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, you are wrong. the i5 4690k is the best gaming CPU on the market. Any better will not show any actual tangible performance increase beyond that. That's not my opinion, that's a fact, and anyone here will attest to it. If you're doing video editing or rendering that's a different story, but not for just gaming.

Only difference between the i5 and the i7 is hyperthreading and games don't use hyperthreading. Unless you are using applications that support hyperthreading there is no difference between an i5 and an i7.

Well, you are wrong. the i5 4690k is the best gaming CPU on the market. Any better will not show any actual tangible performance increase beyond that. That's not my opinion, that's a fact, and anyone here will attest to it. .
    Except, you know, where you're wrong. There are CPUs that will perform better (and do). They are certainly MUCH more expensive, but your claim of "it is the best gaming CPU on the market" is utter crap. Haswell-E parts, clock for clock, will beat the 4690K handily, due to better IPC and bandwidth in the X99 chipset.

Now, saying the 4690K is the best price/performance you can get for gaming?

That'd be true.

15+ Year Old Account
    With what sort of real life performance increases in video games?

Deleted
    I did state in my first post that I was gonna do some editing, that's why I chose 16GB RAM and not 8, and an i7 instead of i5.

Is a gtx 970 going to be okay? Or should I opt for another card(s)?