View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree that The Bell Curve, which argued that intelligence differe

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

1 25.00%
  • No.

3 75.00%
    10+ Year Old Account

Jeb Bush praises book by notorious ‘Bell Curve’ race theorist Charles Murray

Lowry asked Bush, “… is there any policy or anything public officials can do to help turn back what has been a rising tide of family breakdown crossing decades now?”

“Absolutely, there is,” Bush, a likely 2016 Republican presidential candidate, said. “It’s not exactly the core. My views on this were shaped a lot on this by Charles Murray’s book, except I was reading the book and I was waiting for the last chapter with the really cool solutions — didn’t quite get there.”

Later in the interview, Lowry asked Bush what he likes to read. Again, he cited Murray.

I like Charles Murray books to be honest with you, which means I’m a total nerd I guess,”

Do you agree or disagree that The Bell Curve, which argued that intelligence differences among racial groups to justify racism using pseudo-science?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-05-16 at 04:18 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Do you agree or disagree that The Bell Curve, which argued that intelligence differences among racial groups to justify racism using pseudo-science?
    First of all, your question is non grammatical. I sense some vague association of ideas, but maybe you should reword it.
    Second, are you interested in discussing the issues that book raises specifically, the issues raised by other books by him, or the impact that Jeb Bush's views on it and or the author may have for the election?
    Third, as MSNBC pointed out
    It’s important to emphasize that Bush, while praising Murray, did not applaud “The Bell Curve” specifically. He was probably referring to the controversial author’s other work.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2015-05-16 at 04:25 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Another dumb Bush.
    What's "family breakdown" anyway? That society isn't the same as it was 100 years ago or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that while he thought the books were a good read, they fell short. That could be said about a lot of political theorists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said his views on stopping the breakdown of family unit were shaped by the books of the author. Which is ambiguous, in that we do not know how they were shaped by the author, or what books he specifically referring to, and even he says they fell short.

Though it does seem that it has nothing to do with the race theories in the 'Bell Curve". As they were not discussing race, but family.

Except Mall Security needs a reason to cry racist at a man in a interracial marriage with biracial children because hes a Republican. He is just using this because he does not have the balls to just make a thread titled: Jeb Bush is a racist. I said so.

Though he might as well, its not like these mods would care.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2015-05-16 at 04:58 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Except Mall Security needs a reason to cry racist at a man in a interracial marriage with biracial children because hes a Republican. He is just using this because he does not have the balls to just make a thread titled: Jeb Bush is a racist. I said so.
    Which is funny because he says some racist shit from time to time, but is quick to call other people a racist. I especially liked when he tried to argue that black people should stop giving their kids " ghetto names ", because it means the kids will be failures. But he isn't racist /eyewink
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

What kind of question is this? If it can be shown that intelligence does indeed differ based on racial groups, why would it matter whether or not I agree or disagree with that? Reality isn't a democratic process.

1. Views on family breakdown
    2.???
    3.???
    4. Do you agree or disagree that The Bell Curve, which argued that intelligence differences among racial groups to justify racism using pseudo-science?
    5. Lol
    6. Get responses