First off this is my build:

Asus Z97-A/ usb 3.1
    i5 4690k
    EVGA GTX 960
    G.skill 8gb ram
    CM 650W Gold cert PSU
    CM 212 CPU Cooler

New Monitor: Asus VS207DE 19.5"

I built my com over at the tech guy's place, got it up to see if it booted, it worked and managed to go into BIOS with normal desktop color etc, but when i got home and plugged into my new monitor, the asus one, it started having purple tint even at the bios, startup and etc. I installed my GPU drivers etc but the color remained tinted purple, cant figure out what is wrong, help pls anybody

Assuming you used the same display cable in the same port when testing it previously and monitor is the one part you changed, the obvious reason would be broken monitor.

Sounds like it's monitor related for sure, though not necessarily broken.. Perhaps just needs some color correction through its settings. You can try this through multiple ways. Either manually, through the monitor's settings (buttons on the side or wherever they are placed on your monitor), or through display settings in your operating system. Can also do it through Nvidia Control Panel. Also many free programs online to calibrate the monitor.

Set your color format to RGB. Check the hue and saturation levels. I think some levels of hue can turn everything purple. If after playing with all these settings the color never changes, it might be a defective cable or monitor.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Assuming you used the same display cable in the same port when testing it previously and monitor is the one part you changed, the obvious reason would be broken monitor.
    when I was at the tech guy's place it was his monitor that we used to test boot, could it be the drivers? because I have yet to install drivers for my monitor. I also tried plugging in and out my hdmi adaptor, didnt help

It most likely is not the drivers, never ever in my 20 years of pc building have I seen drivers do something like that to colors (unless you make them do it and even then it would not happen in the bios as that does not load drivers to start with). It could be a bad cable or screen, try another screen if you have one, if the one you have is new try to get an image n it with another device or get it replaced.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's either a broken cable or broken monitor.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Check for damaged or bent pins on the display cable.