Page 1 of 2
LastLast

soul reaper hits like a wet noodle :(

hey every 1
    so lately ive noticed that my soul reaper has been hitting for 40-60k max compared to all the other class kill mechanics does yours compare? what the best you can get with your soul reaper? seems pretty unfair compared to hunters warriors monks, rogues etc hitting for 100+k finishing moves

Deleted
    PVP - 60k crit was the highest I've seen without a berserker buff.
    PvE - 107,098 crit was the highest I've seen.

Deleted
    Well it'd be rather op to be able to use it at 45% and do warrior damage

Deleted
    There are classes who'd be happy to get an execute ability, let alone one that starts at 45%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
    hey every 1
    so lately ive noticed that my soul reaper has been hitting for 40-60k max compared to all the other class kill mechanics does yours compare? what the best you can get with your soul reaper? seems pretty unfair compared to hunters warriors monks, rogues etc hitting for 100+k finishing moves
    I love the way that you compare it to other execute mechanics while conveniently ignoring that at level 92+ you gain the extra benefits of Soul Reaper at ~45% health.

If you're going to whine about a spell or class, look at the whole picture first. Good day.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Play an arcane mage, on PTR I can easily get 300k Supernova crits on crystal and it's not even an execute ability!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Play an arcane mage, on PTR I can easily get 300k Supernova crits on crystal and it's not even an execute ability!
    Its a dmg CD. DKs also have dmg CDs, just different ones.

Deleted
    As for PvP. Soul Reaper's flaw imo is being dispellable. I don't see any other class with a dispellable execute.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Its a dmg CD. DKs also have dmg CDs, just different ones.
    Yeah but imo Crystals better than Gargoyle by a long shot.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-05-16 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Yeah but imo Crystals better than Gargoyle.
    We have a lot of small numbers they don't. They kinda compensate. And mine hits for around 150k max

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Yeah but imo Crystals better than Gargoyle by a long shot.
    I don't know, Gargoyle is a fire and forget ability. Maybe when it used to cost RP like Breath does now, but you just press Gargoyle and then you don't have to worry about it. On crystal, you have to be sure that the boss won't move away from it for 12 seconds and have to do as much damage as possible in those 12 seconds. Last 3 seconds or so you can't even use arcane missiles, because if they are mid-flight when the crystal ends, all that damage is lost. And that sucks a lot, especially if you get a 4p proc on about 4 seconds left on crystal, as that would do A LOT of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love the way that you compare it to other execute mechanics while conveniently ignoring that at level 92+ you gain the extra benefits of Soul Reaper at ~45% health.

If you're going to whine about a spell or class, look at the whole picture first. Good day.
    isn't it 35%? lol a whole 10% its like what 1hit for most classes? lol + the 5 sec wait timer for it to actually do dmg
    Last edited by bignumbers; 2015-05-16 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
    isn't it 35%? lol a whole 10% its like what 1hit for most classes? lol + the 5 sec wait timer for it to actually do dmg
    45% for unholy thanks to a perk.

I'm sure that multistrike has a large part to play in PVE. It may only hit for 40-60k, but it's hitting several times as well, since, from my understand, you stack MS as UH.

Deleted
    Don't forget the initial 10-20k, then followed by (for me) 60k noncrits and upwards of 150k when everything procs.

Might as well pretend frost doesn't exist when we discuss class mechanics. Seems to work for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    Might as well pretend frost doesn't exist when we discuss class mechanics. Seems to work for Blizzard.
    Well it could prolly crit for just as much for a DW frost DK since mastery is the shit for them.

My Reaper hits for about 100-110k on crits.

Deleted
    This is probably the hardest I've seen my Soul Reaper hit;

LoL, as DW Frost i can easily get 80-90k crits, up to 100k with mastery buff

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the highest I've hit for is about 50-60k crits in WoD (when I was still playing), and up to about 170k-200k or so back in MoP, I miss them 200k hits.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!