15+ Year Old Account

Oculus Rift system requirements released

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/gener...pecifications/

Pretty interesting. Not surprised, though. Actually expected higher requirements. Happy to say my system is OR ready

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd consider getting one if a facebook account isn't required.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would it require a Facebook account haha?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it seems like something they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Because it seems like something they would do.
    Adding a software verification layer for hardware you own? Why would they do that? It already works without any fb integration so I seriously doubt they would do that. And even if they would, people would just find a workaround before it even officially launches.

I'm blind in one eye --- to hell with all you people with depth perception to experience all this "3D" business!

/broods away

I knew it was very unlikely but I was kinda hoping the 960 would be able to handle it. Oh well, I was planning on upgrading out of the 960 early to mid next year anyway, it was kind of meant as a temporary card while I got he rest of my system up to snuff. I used to always upgrade CPU/MoBo then 2 years later GPU then alternate every 2 years, with minor things like RAM, HDDs and peripherals in between, so just about everything got upgraded every 4 years. After my daughter was born though, did not upgrade at all for 5-ish years. Now that my system is feeling modern again, next year I can do the GPUs, be ready for just about anything and get back into my upgrade pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I'm blind in one eye --- to hell with all you people with depth perception to experience all this "3D" business!

/broods away
    Can't you just connect the thing directly to your brain? No need for eyes in that case when you have a direct feed to your brain.

Still waiting for when [Deus Ex // Ghost in the Shell] becomes a reality.

Hey, might still get that Augmented Eye by 2050... I'd be senile by that point, but here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I knew it was very unlikely but I was kinda hoping the 960 would be able to handle it. Oh well, I was planning on upgrading out of the 960 early to mid next year anyway, it was kind of meant as a temporary card while I got he rest of my system up to snuff. I used to always upgrade CPU/MoBo then 2 years later GPU then alternate every 2 years, with minor things like RAM, HDDs and peripherals in between, so just about everything got upgraded every 4 years. After my daughter was born though, did not upgrade at all for 5-ish years. Now that my system is feeling modern again, next year I can do the GPUs, be ready for just about anything and get back into my upgrade pattern.
    The 300 series from AMD should have a heavy focus on VR. Will be interesting to see how future video cards will handle this tech since things like latency are even more important than brute horsepower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Still waiting for when [Deus Ex // Ghost in the Shell] becomes a reality.

Hey, might still get that Augmented Eye by 2050... I'd be senile by that point, but here's hoping.
    You will probably be able to get a new and fresh brain by 2050. We will be able to live forever as half machines. Might even upload your conscience to the web :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Can't you just connect the thing directly to your brain? No need for eyes in that case when you have a direct feed to your brain.
    No, we're not in 2050 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    No, we're not in 2050 yet.
    Do we at least have hibernation technology that can put as to sleep for a few decades so that 2050 comes sooner?