Thread: Boomkin help!!!

Boomkin help!!!

Alright i've been doing ALOT of research on Boomie and rotation and gear. im 678 and on beast lord you know im pulling 46-49K DPS substained but than it comes to single target i peak about 70Kish and than get to 40K and start creeping down from there? im just wondering what could be the reason? like im following the DPS rotation as it says of Iccy veins and my gear is being worked on.

Rotation : 3 secs Pre-pot 1 sec pop CA/Incarnation-> moonfire-> starsurge-> Starfire x2 -> starsurge-> starfire x2-> refresh DoT before CA ends-> than go on with the normal rotation.. i mainly use my starsurges procs on Starfire because its the strongest aspect ATM but i also use it on Wrath say if i get to 3 of them. im not sure what my problem could be? if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Sincerly, Kittylawlz an up a coming boomie trying to get into Mythic!
    Last edited by Kittylawlz; 2015-05-17 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    there is no problem, dps in WoD is heavily based on luck, procs and once again luck, you should keep that in mind when comparing with other people and balance druids dps is actually total garbage both in single target and aoe fights unless the targets are many, scattered all over the place and cant be cleaved (there used to be a hype about moonkins because stacking 4-5 on certain mythic bosses made things easier, few nerfs came along with bosses on farm and the hype is gone)

you wonder what could be the reason? Well try your damage on training dummy without using any cooldowns and look at your crappy dps. Its all about stacking cooldowns and nuking as much as possible thats why some people on warcraftlogs have so high dps, lets say you have 2-3 very powerfull 5min cooldows and your guild kills a boss under 3 mins - your dps will be reaaaally huge. If you kill the boss in 7 minutes then classes with powerfull 3min cooldowns will mostl likely dominate the charts. Also you have initial pot and then you can use only one more which is usually saved for last phases of boss encounters, the longer the fight lasts the more classes/specs with high sustainable damage will outperform you.

tldr: dont worry about it, get used to it, nothing to worry about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylawlz View Post
    Rotation : 3 secs Pre-pot 1 sec pop CA/Incarnation
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    there is no problem
    oooh really?

Deleted
    You see, I seem to be doing my opener different to everyone else, haha.
    2 sec - Inc+pot
    1 sec - Cast SS
    0 sec - Cast CA + Moonfire on boss

It gives the bigger burst opener because you have a SS hitting the boss as soon as the tank pulls, rather than waiting.

But as for rotation there is not really much you can go wrong by. You just have to make sure you use your lunar/solar empowerment stacks before using a SS.

Another thing with Boomkin I find is that positioning is such a huge importance which you'll probably already know, can't count how many times I've been in the wrong position and I've had to run to the other side of the room wasting a lot of DP's as of course we can't cast on the move other than spam your dots. If you are moving, now that there is no dot snapping (RIP) it is a better DPS increase to spam your dots on the boss because you're not losing anything.

Most of the posts in the 6.2 Balance thread will tell you this though and give tips/tricks on how to play Boomkin better, it's just getting to know the class and the fights better, because once you know where you are supposed to be stood, you can improve next time you get to the boss by possibly standing in that position so you don't have to move as much or even at all.
    Last edited by mmoce2016807fc; 2015-05-17 at 12:12 PM.

2 improvements with that opener, you're using your pot to early. Wait until after the incarnation global is over, right before you starsurge.

Also you want to hit CA before the boss gets pulled, because of the way trinkets work. When you cast starsurge its puts you in combat with the boss but not the raid, when you cast CA your trinkets will proc. That once the boss is pulled, your trinkets get reset so they will instantly reproc after they fall off.

Deleted
    you can change your opener how ever you like it wont prevent dps drop by 40-50k after few minutes, nothing you can do about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    you can change your opener how ever you like it wont prevent dps drop by 40-50k after few minutes, nothing you can do about it
    Fairly sure learning to play the game can prevent that. 46k single target on beastlord is fine, but if you maximize your dps you can hit WAY higher on that fight.

For example delaying your opener by 3 seconds allowa you to dot both the first spears and the pack beasts, that alone will be a HUGE dps increase.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee