Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How long have you farmed a weapon drop that just wont drop ?

I've been farming the sunwell for now , it must be nearly 6 months every week now for a 1 handed sword that at least its from the first boss so I can farm it quick . My problem is it just wont drop and I am beginning to loose faith that it ever will , am just asking how long and what have you farmed for a long time before it finally dropped ? yeah I know RNG is just RNG , but come on 6 months and counting lol .....

Deleted
    farming the polearm from sunwell trash, never dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, yes. Pets too. Gear though, rarely ever had to do long grinds. Sword of Archimond in Hyjal stands out to me, cause it takes such a long and boring time to get to him. Even that was only 5 weeks though, maybe 6. Nothing else comes to mind.

Though, if we are talking gear drops (not for transmog) then there's a long list of stuff that didn't want to drop for me. First place on that list the trinket off Immerseus. Bloody year in Orgrimmar in different raid formats and it never dropped, untill I was doing it the other day to pick up Mythic achievements for the guild. I was joking with them that it would drop, and of course it damn well did. =/

Back in wrath, I didn't manage to get a new shield for the rest of the expansion once ToC released and I got a shield from there halfway through. So, to answer your question, I never got it. Went over a year with the same crappy ToC 10man shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounting Vengeance for my shaman. Killed endless ids full of trash to get it.
    Sulfuras from Firelands for my paladin. Seen it once as it was current. Since then i farmed it for nearly two years until it dropped twice.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

11 Maidens kills, every week with a coin and still no gun.

Meanwhile see fellow Hunter guildy coin like 3...

Oh and I've been farming the right half of Thunderfury for about 2 years every week now. Got exalted Hydraxians a LOOOOONG time ago :/
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-05-17 at 12:07 PM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

EoE 10 1h Sword(Hailstorm) on my rogue. 25 kills and it finally dropped.
    Firelands Ragnaros 2h Mace(Sulfuras), got it after 20 kills on my pala.
    In Wotlk on my Shaman took about 4months to get ICC shield.

The worst one was in TBC. 7 months of clearing Karazhan and finally got my dps staff(Terestial) for my Feral Druid.
    I would die inside everytime I saw Ferals in full greens but they had that staff...Damn RNG...

Can't remenber anything else.

Need one binding from baron and eye from rag on my DK over 50 + kills on rag and nearly double that for baron (did a load of runs where I stopped at baron as no binding and just hearthed).

Just started firelands farming for rag hammer.

Deleted
    Farm sunwell with my priest for off hand on second boss, since 8 month, never drop.

Run first time sunwell with my rogue and the off hand drop on him haha

kinda strange but king defender o.O over 4 months

Still trying to get the Wolfslayer Rifle from Kara. Been after it since Transmog was announced... RNG within RNG sucks.

Not a weapon but I farmed VoA for Furious Gladiator's Slippers of Salvation for at least a year before they dropped (3-4 weeks ago).

They've got a .7% drop chance of Koralon and they're not available to purchase with honor, really sucked.

I'm trying to get 2 different ones on my DK because they both match his transmog. I don't have a preference, I just want one to drop. I've done ToC for the Edge of Agony 10 times, and I've done BWD for the Reclaimed Ashkandi 4 times.

I guess I could double my chances at the Ashkandi by doing BWL, but Razorgore is a pain in the ass to solo. It's a shame too because I like the original better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't tell you how many hundreds (probably into the thousands, tbh, across all my toons) of times I have farmed Rivendare. I've never seen his mount drop, not in 10 years.

The real "drop" I don't think I'll ever get is Zin'rokh. I've been farming troll fragments and turning in crates for troll fragments and selling worthless 1g troll junk for years.

Idk about weapons, but i've been farming Raven Lord since BC.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

offhand warglaive - 5 years

what an irony, got offhand glaive drop instead of a music roll which I was after, obviously the offhand went to vendor since I'm a mage.
    On the other hand, a friend of mine is at around 60+ c'thun kills in AQ and no sight of the axe for his warrior.

Deleted
    I feel like the thread question is rhetorical.

Funny enough, I've always had pretty good luck with weapon drops (aside from Warglaives).

Mounts are what give me the most trouble. I farmed Rivendare's Deathcharger, regularly, from the time I was capable of soloing UD Stratholme. I managed to pick up the Runeblade (which does look pretty awesome and is still in my void storage for transmog purposes), but I've never been able to pick up a Deathcharger.

I actually saw it drop once, but that was at level 60. Which meant I was in a group and had to roll against others for it (I lost the roll, of course).

It took me 7 years non-stop farming MC for both Bindings