Help with a new PC.

Hey there, getting a new computer. Mainly going to be used for gaming. How would something like this do?

CPU: AMD FX-6350, 3.9GHz

GPU: nVidia GTX 960, 2Gt GDDR5

RAM: 8Gt (2x4Gt) DDR3 1600MHz

The goal is to be able to run most games on high-ish graphics on 1920x1080. How would that do? What would you change?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I would stay away from AMD for one. Any other help would need you to fill out the sticky.
    Okay, any reason as to why? Just not up to par? What about the same package otherwise but with the Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 3.5GHz CPU?

As for the sticky, I thought I kind of provided all the necessary information. Budget isn't really relevant here, I'm not intending to go crazy and build any kind of a beast though. Don't need any peripherals, and as I stated the goal would be to be able to run most games on high-ish settings.

AMDs single core performance is crap. A $60 Pentium G3250 beats the 8350 in single core performance and is therefore better for gaming. That's why you stay away. Also, you diod not provide near all the info in the sticky:

Budget Most important, can't help you if I don't know how much you are willing to spend
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired You mentiong high-ish setting, but what games?
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country Where are you? Can;t recommend parts if we don't know what's available in your country
    Parts that can be reused Do you have anything that can be re-used, HDD, RAM?
    Do you need an OS? ???
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? ???

The sticky is there for a reason

15+ Year Old Account
    AMD CPUs = bad. Just don't. Yes, the 4690k will do you infinitely better. Slap an aftermarket cooler on it and OC. You'll not regret it. That with a 960 and 8 GB of RAM = a nice little rig.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Something along the line of the following should do the trick. If you provide more info as others said by filling up the sticky we can tailor it better.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£165.89 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£46.98 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£97.25 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£47.39 @ CCL Computers)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£73.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.47 @ Ebuyer)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card (£163.28 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£57.41 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£66.65 @ More Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£75.37 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £836.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-18 12:00 BST+0100