Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cross realm is horrible for mounts...

Been staring at snow for 10 hours a day for weeks for the time lost. I barely see anyone from my server, it's all Emerald dream and Azjol Nerub.

Cross realm may be decent, but there needs to be some kind of way to stop making these mount grinds harder than it should have been. Because at this rate I may hate the color white. And, anything to do with snow...

10+ Year Old Account
    rare mount is rare
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

CRZ didn't kill your chances of getting TLPD. I left my toon out there for at least eight hours every day for about three months straight a few years back, and after approximately 1 million Vyragosa kills he finally spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    CRZ didn't kill your chances of getting TLPD. I left my toon out there for at least eight hours every day for about three months straight a few years back, and after approximately 1 million Vyragosa kills he finally spawned.
    It doesn't really kill it. But it does add more unnecessary competition. Rather than competing with people of your own server, you now have people from other servers appearing as well. And you can't really comment to it as you did it when Cross realm didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shenrai View Post
    It doesn't really kill it. But it does add more unnecessary competition. Rather than competing with people of your own server, you now have people from other servers appearing as well. And you can't really comment to it as you did it when Cross realm didn't exist.
    You mean how it should be? It's an mmo. There should be competition for things like mounts. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had it tagged twice in front of me by people on other Realms.

Infuriating to say the least. I gave up on it a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You mean how it should be? It's an mmo. There should be competition for things like mounts. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    As I said, there isn't. Competition with people on your own realm is ok. But when you have more competition than it was when it was first introduced, it gets annoying, to say the least. I don't even see people from my own realm anymore going for the mount.

you think thats bad? there was one time I saw the TLPD while on a flight path, but you don't server merge until after you land (at least it used to work that way). so after landing everything disappears and reloads, and the TLPD is gone because I was on a new server.

fortunately I stumbled across it later when i was on my huntard looking to catch that lightning wolf out there. was my birthday too, nice of blizz to give me a present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I literally flew into it, on the highest population RP realm in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by shenrai View Post
    Yeah, I guess I only did it when the content was current and people were continuously camping it or leveling and flying around the area.

I found it recently.

When cross-realm went down....
    Was just flying around with no one else in the zone.

Cross-realm is terribly designed there is so many aspects that they didn't improve before implementing it, e.g. quest mob spawn rates, shared tags.
    Try going to the Night Elf starting zone and completing the "Kill *this guy*" quest. Takes about 5 mins to spawn with 10+ people waiting to tag it...
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-05-18 at 12:05 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

who'd have thought you need to see and work around other people in an mmorpg?!?!

if you wanted a single player game, wow is not for you. rare is rare.

also complaining about how a zone with crossrealm has about the same amount of people in it now was when it was NOT crossrealm but was the current relevent content at the time and was filled with a ton of people from your current realm... is pretty lol-tastic.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2015-05-18 at 12:01 AM.

Lol at people who think CRZ lowers your chances at getting rare mounts when it actually increases your chances. Press I, click premade groups then custom. Find those garrison parties with auto invite. Realm hop all over and you'll find your mount faster than you ever could have before.

its TLPD afterall... Try go read what time some people have spent farming that mount... Unlike me & my bro who spent around 1 hour of ingame farming each.
    Dumb luck while waiting for arena queue's <3

Pretty sure CRZ have nothing to do with time lost spawns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Lol at people who think CRZ lowers your chances at getting rare mounts when it actually increases your chances. Press I, click premade groups then custom. Find those garrison parties with auto invite. Realm hop all over and you'll find your mount faster than you ever could have before.
    Pretty much this, if you watch spawn timers etc...
    I was on the correct servers for Poundfist, 7 TIMES the same day.
    Thats not to say that people just BURSTED it down before i could get there...
    Luckily i got it on the nr. 7 or 8 spawn that day.

Was ez... Though poundfist probably x200 easier to get then TLPD.
    CRZ will give you possiblities to check pretty much all servers.

Didn't you get the memo?
    Cramming more people into the same zone to compete with you for mob tags creates compelling social gameplay.

just imagine how asocial and terrible it might become if they, I don't know, let you share mob tags and roll for who got the drake, or something
    then you might get groups in these areas helping one another
    like, spreading out to cover more spawn points, and yelling when the rare appears
    and like
    talking in their downtime
    and making new friends

what a horrible asocial experience get that out of my mmo
    fight for mob tags with people you'll never see again and get frustrated and then spend more time not-interacting with them
    grrr

game design

I got my TLPD just after server merges were done and it was quite satisfying, to say the least. Getting the tag first. At the time there were about 10 people in storm peaks, all divided at certain spawn points of the TLPD. I was sitting with 3 others and when it spawned i managed to get the tag even though i was sure my spell hit 2nd... it was that close. Took about a week, 5 hours a day of camping.

It definitely makes it more difficult. You could log in, do your patrol find nothing and log off. 5 minutes later it spawns and someone bags it and you will never know...

CRZ can choke on a giant dick imo!

I play on a dead server and one of the perks of being on a dead server is that camping for rares is less of a hassle but that is gone now thanks to CRZ.

- - - Updated - - -

But WoD isnt CRZ but when it does GL if you are camping portals for voidtalon.

I love the premade group finder it allows you to hop on another server but CRZ forces you all together if you want to or not and im against that.

Deleted
    That's not true because there is a very small number of CRZ clusters.

In EU English realms there are only 6 CRZ clusters: 1 RP, 1 RP-PvP, 2 PvE, 2 PvP. That's it. Realm hopping will put you only in one of those 6 clusters shared by entire population of EU English realms.

The bigger problem isn't necessarily CRZ. It's the change in the way NPC Scan works. Before, you could just have your game running in the background until NPC Scan picked something up. Now you have to be actively using a targeting hotkey, or watching for the spawn. One day, Aeonaxx... one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That's not true because there is a very small number of CRZ clusters.

In EU English realms there are only 6 CRZ clusters: 1 RP, 1 RP-PvP, 2 PvE, 2 PvP. That's it. Realm hopping will put you only in one of those 6 clusters shared by entire population of EU English realms.
    Try being Oceanic, we have two... People that seem to think that CRZ isn't bad obviously play on US realms and don't know how hard other regions have it.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple