Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In-ear headphones for the gym/running.

First of all, not sure if this should be here or in the computer section, so could a mod move it to the right section.

Anyway, looking for some advice in regards to in-ear headphones. See I had a pair of these £90 Beats given to me as a gift, tried them and personally though they were dogshit. They didn't fit properly (Could be my ears, they are small and very tough, probably from the rugby) and they actually started to hurt after about 30minutes.

Currently been looking at RHA MA750 and Bose Soundtrue. So far from the reviews the MA750's seem ok, I'm just curious is it worth to spend £80-£90 on them.

Or better yet what do you guys run with.

Any insight would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2015-05-17 at 08:09 PM.

I have the Bose which I use for running. Secure fit, plenty of bass, a bit muddy, and does what it supposed to do, get me amped when I do my cardio. My go to earbuds for running, sweat, and abuse. I have nicer audio headphones that I baby for pc usage.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to be running on a road with these I do not recommend Is. Noise cancellation could get you hurt.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I just use the cheap Sony earbuds because I end up breaking them in a few months regardless the quality. As long as the sound it loud enough, can stay snug in my ear, and is under $30 it's good enough for me. I'd just read the reviews like you have been doing and decide what fits your needs best.

I just use Skullcandy earbuds, but normally with an older nike hoodie that has the little zip pouch on the upper chest area for cords. Seem to stay in really well, and not a bad price.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Check out Jaybird Bluebuds X, bought them some weeks ago and i like them alot !
    Kinda expensive tho since they're wireless and stuff, but for me it was worth it.

Deleted
    I would recommend these, I got them on sale for £20 last year during the black friday/online flash sales stuff amazon were doing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-SE-E...3763412&sr=1-6

They're good. A bit ugly, cord's a bit annoying, but they don't fall out and they haven't burnt out or broken or snapped like most of the other headphone's ive had. Only one thing i'd change is that i've lost an ear bud off them, but that happens with all in-ear headphones.

Before them I had a pair of Philips sports in ear sports headphones, they were about £19 when I got them from argos. I paid £2 to insure them, they'd break/burn/snap out every 2-3 months but Argos would replace them immediately no questions asked and swap them. But then they went up to £21 and i'd have to pay £7 to insure them so I didn't bother afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really can't go wrong with these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJ...words=ear+buds

Fit well in the ear, have decent sound and are cheap.

I have to say the earbuds that came with my Galaxy S5 are pretty nice. I use them now for when I am working out or doing yard work. Think by themselves they are around $40.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Denon AH-W150 Bluetooth headphones and they sound better than most other wireless headphones. I love them but I hate the shitty Bluetooth interface in Apple products, the receiver is right next to the power button on my Nano.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys know that this thread was like 2 months ago right?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post

Any insight would be great. Thanks.
    http://www.cnet.com/topics/headphone...phones/sports/
    I have the #2 Klipsch android version I can say for the price they are really awesome.

This thread is awesome - i've always used the stock iphone headphones, but those things fall out like it's their job when I'm running.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G45LP...7FBCE684ZKFKXH

Best 15 bucks you will ever spend. I absolutely hate any headphones that go inside my ears, especially when I am trying to work out. If they don't fall out all the time my ears still feel like I abused them after I am done with my workout. These stay in place, feel awesome, and are cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-G45LP...7FBCE684ZKFKXH

Best 15 bucks you will ever spend. I absolutely hate any headphones that go inside my ears, especially when I am trying to work out. If they don't fall out all the time my ears still feel like I abused them after I am done with my workout. These stay in place, feel awesome, and are cheap.
    I recommend these myself. Never really have had a probelm with these coming off, you might have to adjust them every hour or so. Also supposed to have a lifetime warranty or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got some beats by drake headset 2 yrs ago at Christmas, still use them today very nice.

I've beenusing these for about 4 months now. They work perfectly for me and were pretty cheap, though looks like they are less expensive now. Found them via a reviewer I know which also has other options.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-08-23 at 04:24 PM.

Of all the in-ears I've used during my life I was most satisfied with yurbuds with their twist-lock mechanism. There's no way in hell they ever fall out be it running, biking or any gym activity. As far as I know they got bought up by JBL, this model this model looks quite similar just without the magnetic neck lock that mine have.

Edit: Just as a reference, I've used all kinds of in-ear headphones, from the cheapest one that came with budget phones to 80-150eur brand ones that were supposedly made exclusively for sports and none can compare to the yurbuds in range of 20-50eur (they are pretty similar just with added features like phone remote, magnetic strap, etc...). So if JBL didn't fuck something up with the newer models, just go for something with the twistlock.

Edit2: I just noticed the necro going on here, oh the shame
    Last edited by Orbrim; 2018-08-20 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a 3 year old pair of urBeats, still going strong for cycling and running. They've been sweated all over, rained on, and done a cycle in the washing machine and still sound great.

So impressed with them I got some Solo3s for other means of commute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Got some beats by drake headset 2 yrs ago at Christmas, still use them today very nice.
    You necro 3 year old thread to advertise your shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.