Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Don't lesbian, gay and queer all mean homosexual?

Why not HBTIA.

Not sure why asexuality needs to be there though either.
    You can be transgender and not be homosexual, it's complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I think that boy is a genious, him alone with all those girls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Isn't queer just an synonym of gay? I always though the acronym was just LGBT and included all sexually different possibilities (without listing every single one).
    People like their special titles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Good for them.

LGBTIQA
    god that is getting out of hand. I got a gay friend who thinks it should just be LG; I partially agree. I won't go into his thoughts on the "T"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well if you read the article then you would have seen this link http://www.girlscouts.org/program/ba...th/faqs.asp#a5 to the GSA's website. I hate when people can't read an article and make an intelligent decision about what it is saying. They see the source and if they don't like it then it's automatically fabricated.
    I didn't say it was fabricated. I said it was presented in a highly dishonest manner and contains fearmongering from socially backwards organizations (CWA and AFA) that are arguably hate groups and pushes these wingnuts' fundamentalist alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Cross dressinng boys are not girls, no matter how bad they want to be. They might as well change their name from Girl Scouts to something else because with this change they are no longer that.
    I would suggest just dropping the "girl" bit, as we have up here. It's just "Scouts".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    It already started
    Hey they have to prove their girl credits were earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that where the T comes in? Being T doesn't have to mean you're H, so what's complicated, as long as you're one of the letters. But when 3 of the letters literally mean the same thing, it's getting redundant. As for A, I'm not sure what rights A needs to fight for/be recognised for, or how they're being oppressed.

Isn't queer just an synonym of gay? I always though the acronym was just LGBT and included all sexually different possibilities (without listing every single one).
    Yes and no; it's also used for people that consider themselves genderqueer, but not necessarily trans. Non-binary falls under queer sometimes, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I didn't say it was fabricated. I said it was presented in a highly dishonest manner and contains fearmongering from socially backwards organizations (CWA and AFA) that are arguably hate groups and pushes these wingnuts' fundamentalist alternative.
    Sure but no one is talking about them. We are talking about cross dressing boys joining the girl scouts.
    Not to mention you said:
    My first thoughts are that you shouldn't get your news from Breitbart
    Which is what I was referring to.

Isn't that where the T comes in? Being T doesn't have to mean you're H, so what's complicated, as long as you're one of the letters. But when 3 of the letters literally mean the same thing, it's getting redundant. As for A, I'm not sure what rights A needs to fight for/be recognised for, or how they're being oppressed.
    Asexuals (from experience) aren't so much oppressed as.. bothered. Constantly shamed for not having / wanting a boyfriend, declared to be a liar because I say I have no real sex drive (oh you must just sit at home masturbating all day then, if you're not having sex <-- something I was told o_O), constant push for marriage / "settling down".

As I said though, not oppressed. Just misunderstood and bothered by idiots.

See it's complicated because I don't even know what you're talking about nor do I care.

I agree with this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    those poor girls having to put up with weirdos now :/
    Yup, those 'weirdos' and those poor girls. I don't know how they will ever be able to cope with this change.

Deleted
    LGBTIQA isn't an organization, it's a general label for the movement. It means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, Intersex, Queer, Asexual.
    I always found it weird that they're all lumped together. Like we're all just a limb on the amorphous blob that is "non-straight". Trans issues are nothing to do with me, gay and lesbian issues are nothing to do with me. I don't even know how "queer" differs from "gay".

Anyway, is there any specific reason a boy living as a girl but not yet transitioned shouldn't be allowed to join the girl-scouts? I don't particularly care either way.

Who cares about biology it is all about what you feel or think now. I was born a human but I really feel like I am a flying tiger, so I must be one. The problem is people put far too much into gender stereotypes so when people identify with the stereotypes of a different gender they feel that is what they are. Sorry gender is about your organs nothing more. Anything beyond that is just mental hang ups of others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Attack Helicopter and Boys not welcomed that screams discrimination

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Biological sex is not anywhere near as simple as most think, and then gender piles societal baggage on top of that, making it more complicated still.

Don't lesbian, gay and queer all mean homosexual?
    The first two technically do, but "gay" generally refers to male homosexuals, whereas lesbian refers to female homosexuals.

Queer has another meaning entirely. See above.

Sure but no one is talking about them. We are talking about cross dressing boys joining the girl scouts.
    Your bloody article is quoting them.

And you're persisting in using their dishonest and incorrect terminology conflating "cross dressing" and transsexual.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I always found it weird that they're all lumped together. Like we're all just a limb on the amorphous blob that is "non-straight". Trans issues are nothing to do with me, gay and lesbian issues are nothing to do with me. I don't even know how "queer" differs from "gay".

Anyway, is there any specific reason a boy living as a girl but not yet transitioned shouldn't be allowed to join the girl-scouts? I don't particularly care either way.
    Why are you presuming they are transitioning?

No it isn't. People just like to make it seem that way.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Who cares about biology it is all about what you feel or think now. I was born a human but I really feel like I am a flying tiger, so I must be one. The problem is people put far too much into gender stereotypes so when people identify with the stereotypes of a different gender they feel that is what they are. Sorry gender is about your organs nothing more. Anything beyond that is just mental hang ups of others.
    Hi, welcome to reality.

"Gender" is your sociological role.
    "Sex" is your biological role.

The two are not always the same, using the words interchangeably is wrong (and has been for a long, long while), and brain scans disagree with your "organs = right always!", as well as conditions where people have the external genitals of one sex, but the internal genitals of another.

Your bloody article is quoting them.

And you're persisting in using their dishonest and incorrect terminology conflating "cross dressing" and transsexual.
    The topic isn't about the article it's about whether you agree with boys being girl scouts. They are at this point cross dressing are they not? I don't think they are sexually active.