Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I not really surprised. Been wondering when some folks will try to emulate sons of anarchy.

SAMCRO!!!!
    I can't tell if you are serious or just very young xD

SoA is based on the biker world... it's not like SoA started it and bikers followed... there has been drugs/guns/violence in the biker scene for decades..

10+ Year Old Account
    ISIS has nothing on biker gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I was at a gun range once when I was about 15, I was shooting my mom's .357. At the same time Arizona Highway Patrol was using the range for practice. I out shot most of them....

I qualified expert marksman using a revolver on my first attempt in a military law enforcement qualification. I had very rarely fired a revolver double action before that. It isn't that big of an issue until 25+ yards. Recoil from a .40 is an issue only if you are poorly trained or afraid of it, its not a .44 Mag.
    If they can't out shoot you, they'll just outgun you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruncholyo View Post
    I knew it!

Haha I was just thinking about movie when I heard the news.

I hope the 9 dead are all biker thugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Said it was the result of a long standing feud. How often do you get to used the word "feud" in sentence these days?
    It's a good word, but it's also a word of moderate conflict - and lately we usually leap to hyperbole.

If we said that Sunni and Shi'a muslims were having a feud, that'd be understating things.

If my sisters were arguing over something relatively trivial - a feud would be overstating things.

It's tricky to cook a feud, it has to be simmered on medium heat for a long time - too little heat, too little time, too much heat, too much time: and it's not a feud anymore.

Feuds are the souffle of conflict
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Where the hell did all of these biker thugs come from?

Haven't heard about these guys since the late 90s when the FBI decimated the Hells Angels heroin trade.
    I don't think they ever went away. We had a 'biker war' in Canada about 10 years back. Bombs at bars and everything. Hell's Angels fighting local gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I can't tell if you are serious or just very young xD

SoA is based on the biker world... it's not like SoA started it and bikers followed... there has been drugs/guns/violence in the biker scene for decades..
    I thought the 'Sons' were based (loosely) on the Hell's Angles and the Mayans (in the show) were based on the Mongols or something.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's a good word, but it's also a word of moderate conflict - and lately we usually leap to hyperbole.

If we said that Sunni and Shi'a muslims were having a feud, that'd be understating things.

If my sisters were arguing over something relatively trivial - a feud would be overstating things.

It's tricky to cook a feud, it has to be simmered on medium heat for a long time - too little heat, too little time, too much heat, too much time: and it's not a feud anymore.

Feuds are the souffle of conflict
    Reminds me to re-watch the History Channel "Hatfields & McCoys". That was freaking awesome TV, and rather historically accurate to boot.

What thugs they are. I can't believe people still get into fights like this, guns and all.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Here's an update.

About 120 guns and 160 knives were recovered from the scene of a deadly Sunday battle between rival motorcycle gangs in the Texas city of Waco that left nine people dead, police said on Wednesday as they sharply dropped their tally of weapons found.

Gang members hid weapons in sacks of flour and bags of chips at the Twin Peaks restaurant, where they attacked each other in a fight that was likely set off by a smoldering turf battle, Waco Police said.

A spokesman earlier in the day said about 1,000 weapons had been recovered, but police in a later statement said that number was overestimated and the actual figure was about 320.

Those weapons included firearms, knives, clubs, brass knuckles and chains with padlocks attached to them, Waco Police said in a Facebook post.

Waco Police Sergeant Patrick Swanton told cable channel CNN: "These were vicious gang members that were in our city Sunday."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

A spokesman earlier in the day said about 1,000 weapons had been recovered, but police in a later statement said that number was overestimated and the actual figure was about 320.
    Were they including the cutlery in that 1000 count?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters