Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I have always thought "politically correct" as it is used is an absolutely meaningless term. Anyone bitching about how "this" has a negative affect on comedy doesn't really get how comedy has always worked. Much of comedy, especially stand up, is a "comedy of manners." "Politically Correct" is just a catch all, clumsy, term to describe a notion where our (manners,politeness,politics they are linked) are acceptable to everyone but utter wing nuts. The notion of something being PC gives a comedian material not take it away.

I view most of the people who get offended by a word to be childish and ignorant, words themselves shouldn't be offensive but the context they are used in.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Er, there is plenty of offensive comedy. If you aren't finding any, it is because you aren't looking very hard. Google is your friend.

Offending people has always happened with many comedians. What has really changed is that the people being offended lately are the ones that used to be the ones doing most of the offending, and it just doesn't settle with many of them now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    Friend of my always jokes around, regarding the racism term.

Lets say, two of my friends are eating dinner with me and I say to my friend, can you pass me the salt? he says, "omg thats racist" , you know, because I picked him. >.>.
    Your friend sounds hilarious. Absolutely brilliant material. Has he given any thought into pursuing a career as a comedian?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    I am sorry, but the word "racist" has lost its meaning long ago.
    Friend of my always jokes around, regarding the racism term.

Lets say, two of my friends are eating dinner with me and I say to my friend, can you pass me the salt? he says, "omg thats racist" , you know, because I picked him. >.>.
    I don't agree, the word racist per se, have not lost its meaning (and won't do for a while), also... we all have friends like that, you know the quantity of racist and homophobic comments, my friends and i do?, you know why? cause we are kidding, we are talking among friends, it changes a lot when you're with a group of random people

Un-educated people always will have that stupid media mind set that will never disappear. I even stopped watching TV debates, because half of that time, people argue, call each other bigots, racists acting like children. How does this fixes anything? I hate left-wing political parties, because their mind set "oh everybody is equal" and my answer to their logic is, "don't compare me with the terrorists", because they are the low of the low and they don't deserve any sympathy if the return from the mid-east wars.
    But... they are right, the one who's wrong here is you, you and a terrorist are equals, even if you (for some reason) think you're over him/her (he may be an asshole but that won't give you anything extra), is true that he/she is going to have the law behind them but if you were to do the same, you will end up in the same place

Also... we all know we are not all equals, it mostly is... "We all should be treated like equals by the law"

Just jumping in here for a moment... Bigzoman, what the hell have you done to yourself. Bring Elfman back, you need to eat a snickers, you aren't the same when you are hungry!

(Fix the problem!)

That is all, now I return you to your regularly scheduled pissing contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.