Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Angry Flat billed baseball cap

Before anyone starts with the political correct crud, let me be clear... I am not PC by any stretch of the imagination. NOW, my son just made his little league allstar team and today they talked to the parents about their uniforms and told us the coach decided to go with the "flat bill" caps this year. I have some issues with this, first and most important, my son hates them and likes the traditional curved bill hats. Secondly I REALLY cannot stand them and even if he did like them I would feel hard pressed to allow him to wear it... but I might if he really wanted to. To be REALLY CLEAR... I do not mean the standard caps that come with a flat bill from the manufacturer but the type that have EXTRA WIDE BILLS and are MADE SPECIFICALLY to be worn flat and only flat and DO NOT lend themselves to forming a bend and in fact look like crap when you try.

Also the "suck it ups", the "omg what a horrible thing", the "insert useless, inane, unimaginative and low quotient IQ phrase here"... everyone of them can all kindly take your non-helpful comments and violently place them in your lowermost body cavity lacking the touch of visible radiation from our solar system's star! =)

Kind of stuck on what to do. My plan at this point is just to find out where they are buying the uniforms at and having a normal cap ordered and the logo/number embroidered on to it.

MAKE THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU FEEL LIKE I DO ABOUT THE FLAT BILLED HAT STYLE OR DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING... any suggestions? Bending the oversized ridiculous flat bills on the hats really don't work and just make it look even worse.
    Last edited by bocephus; 2015-06-02 at 03:10 AM.

Even though you asked me not to,

Boo Hoo.

Child's baseball cap is different from what you wanted, proceed to end of the world scenario.

Depends, when I played club ice hockey we had pretty strict dress code for showing up to the rink and pre-game warm-ups and such. but as the season went on it got more relaxed and we could wear whatever we wanted as long as it had the teams logo and our number on it. I'd say get both hats made if it's an option and see if anyone really notices the curved bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Even though you asked me not to,

Boo Hoo.

Child's baseball cap is different from what you wanted, proceed to end of the world scenario.
    this is why i wish mmo-champ had upvotes.

I have no words to express how absolutely stupid the idea of being "offended" by the shape of the bill on a goddamned hat is. It's a hat. WTF man. Seriously......

Can't you just bend it? I buy flat caps all the time and just bend the bill to my liking. Too curved is weird to me, but flat is dumb too. Just bend it. Or better yet, let your kid decide. it's not your uniform.

Dealwithit.jpg

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I have no words to express how absolutely stupid the idea of being "offended" by the shape of the bill on a goddamned hat is. It's a hat. WTF man. Seriously......
    Because flat billed caps are a cultural thing tied to 'hood' culture, or whatever you want to call it.

While not the end of the world, forcing kids to wear cultural stuff, especially that of the gangster crowd is stupid. Not to mention that they don't provide the eye protection that traditional caps do. You know, the entire point of them in the first place.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

You should leave the sticker on the bill.

Jonnus, I didn't ask I told you not to, but I expected plenty of your type of banal response. Besides, did you not read...MY SON DOES NOT WANT TO WEAR IT!... HE thinks it looks ridiculous! On top of everything else there is a PURPOSE for the curve in the bill of a baseball cap, it provides the most shade possible for the eyes. So boohoo yourself, oh and replace boohoo with what you know I meant.

I am letting him decide. The hats are the type that have the cardboard and are oversized bills, they don't bend properly or I would just do that. I wish it was that simple.

"dealwithit"? No I will not have my son look like ridiculous, especially when HE hates it as well!

Xtiny, I think your right. I know they don't care about wearing different style pants (long vs knee-length or open bottom vs elastic) so I doubt it would be an issue as long as I can actually get another made that has the logo, etc.
    Last edited by bocephus; 2015-05-18 at 03:22 AM.

Out of all the things to angry emoji over this is pretty insignificant. I don't like flat billed caps either, but the do do a better job at keeping the sun out of your eyes.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the real reason he doesn't like the hats is that their a certain ethnical group of people who wear these hats.

you seem to be way angrier about this than you should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

So, why was this thread made?

Natural Progression of hat purchase:

Just get the kid a trucker hat that says "My other ride is your mom".

Nothing says classy like snapback.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Because flat billed caps are a cultural thing tied to 'hood' culture, or whatever you want to call it.

While not the end of the world, forcing kids to wear cultural stuff, especially that of the gangster crowd is stupid. Not to mention that they don't provide the eye protection that traditional caps do. You know, the entire point of them in the first place.
    Really though at this point its gone far beyond that. 10+ years ago? Sure I guess. These days? Its super mainstream. Its kind of like saying baggy clothes were 'hood' culture when kids straight through the 90s and early 2000s wore it. Its child/teenage culture now.

Yes... SERIOUSLY. Considering that neither I or my son wants him to look, in our opinion, silly then it is serious.

No I did not play baseball. I played football (American), wrestled, played hockey... in other words plenty of sports but what that has to do with whether or not I have a right to an opinion on how something looks has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We always got flat bills when I was a kid and bent them to the desired amount. Everyone's hat was the same base model, but the curves were slightly different based on what each player liked.

Side note: I actually can't stand pre-curved bills. They don't fit well with my glass at all. People who don't like flat billed baseball hats are morons who have never played baseball.
    Yeah, pre-curved always seems a bit excessive to me. I always liked the idea of curving it to fit your head better. All the pre-curved I saw always looked like someone attached a paper towel roll to the front of a cap. just too damn much.

See, I was thinking the same but I so no evidence to support this, so I did not make that leap. Seems like a guy just hates flat bills to me.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    All the people replying are doing the same thing they are criticizing the OP for lol

He has different tastes than you all obviously do, thus obviously you must crucify him. Is it really this hard to get a little advice on this website? Even for something so minor as this? Good lord people..

The hats are made for baseball, not some fashion statement. The bills were originally bent because they are more efficient with keeping the sun out of your eyes when it is at different angles. I don't have a problem with flat bills, but for baseball? Fashion > efficiency now?
    it just seems a bit silly regardless, its a problem with a very easy solution: